Dealing with MW monks in PvP as Unholy

Hey guys! Title says it all...played a bit on the ptr in 2s with a hpala, and we could not take down teams with MWs, minus one warrior who LoS'd like a tard. Any tips for when to start a chain or what to watch out for? In one game I decided to train one hardcore but he always managed to slip away when I was ready to land the kill. I even saved gargoyle and CDs for after his shield, which of course is undispellable on the ptr. Some of this might have to do with me just starting up unholy again 3 weeks ago for the first time in a couple of years, but I've gotten the basic concepts down. Much thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Have you been doing the standard NS stacking, saving DG for the roll and strang for the kill etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stack necrotics, dark transformation, gargoyle, Empower Rune Weapon, Soul Reaper, Strangulate......

Anyway, killing a MW monk on PTR is basicly impossible if hes any good atm. Atleast as a DK. He can lock out anything with some insane defensive rotations that NEVER stops. He will disarm you, then silence you, then teleport away, then stun you, then ring of peace. And if you get him low at some point, he will just life cocoon and use the spells that makes him none interruptable and heal up to 100% with a 350k absorbshield on himself. Then all of the above AGAIN.

Deleted
    Wait until he's oom, a good MW is already unkillable on live on any 1v1 battle (dps vs healer that is) because they have all the tools to counter any melee or range while spaming healing sphere for 9k mana.
    I tend to train the dps when facing MW and only switching to him when he's in melee range (or range of blood boil), their mana management is totally shit and UH destroys healers mana.
    Tbh 2vs2 has always been really unfair to some setups and pillar hump abuse are pretty much what makes a game in this bracket since dmg output with one dps is somewhat predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    Stack necrotics, dark transformation, gargoyle, Empower Rune Weapon, Soul Reaper, Strangulate......

Anyway, killing a MW monk on PTR is basicly impossible if hes any good atm. Atleast as a DK. He can lock out anything with some insane defensive rotations that NEVER stops. He will disarm you, then silence you, then teleport away, then stun you, then ring of peace. And if you get him low at some point, he will just life cocoon and use the spells that makes him none interruptable and heal up to 100% with a 350k absorbshield on himself. Then all of the above AGAIN.
    This exactly describes how a fight went vs feral/MW. The match ended in a draw, but I could definitely see a pattern in his CDs. Several times I tried to disrupt this pattern, such as saving ERW and garg for after life cocoon, but og course as you mentioned he would just disarm me, rofl and find the nearest pillar to make out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Inambour View Post
    Wait until he's oom, a good MW is already unkillable on live on any 1v1 battle (dps vs healer that is) because they have all the tools to counter any melee or range while spaming healing sphere for 9k mana.
    I tend to train the dps when facing MW and only switching to him when he's in melee range (or range of blood boil), their mana management is totally shit and UH destroys healers mana.
    Tbh 2vs2 has always been really unfair to some setups and pillar hump abuse are pretty much what makes a game in this bracket since dmg output with one dps is somewhat predictable.
    The WORST part of the match I mentioned above was that I had the MW pretty much oom for a good while but STILL could not land a kill on him or the feral. In hindsight I think this could have been improved by switching more often so that the feral was out of important CDs, but I was so hellbent on destroying that monk. I also blew too many CDs on the MW instead of saving them for a feral swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Happykilmore View Post
    This exactly describes how a fight went vs feral/MW. The match ended in a draw, but I could definitely see a pattern in his CDs. Several times I tried to disrupt this pattern, such as saving ERW and garg for after life cocoon, but og course as you mentioned he would just disarm me, rofl and find the nearest pillar to make out with.

The WORST part of the match I mentioned above was that I had the MW pretty much oom for a good while but STILL could not land a kill on him or the feral. In hindsight I think this could have been improved by switching more often so that the feral was out of important CDs, but I was so hellbent on destroying that monk. I also blew too many CDs on the MW instead of saving them for a feral swap.
    MW monks have a really cheap, strong and instant heal.

Healing Sphere

It only costs around the 7k mana and heals for about 30-35k (or lower, not sure) and its GCD is only 0.5 seconds making it an extremely strong insta heal.

Their mana regen is also quite good when there is not so much pressure going on, but when they have to burst heal, their mana goes down really quickly.

I'm not 100% sure how to counter MW monk myself as DK because I'm not lvl 90 yet, but I just wanted to give you SOME information to why the MW monk might've still healed the feral with no mana