Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

What did you study for and what did you become?

I studied health/care and wanted to work with people with a handicap. My studies are incomplete at the moment as i only finished 2 years out of 4.
    I'm currently taking a break and planning to pick it up in a year or 2.

What about you and are you happy where you're at now?

First law - didn't feel for it. Dropped out. Took extra subjects i needed.

Now I am in Medicine and I love it. The study, that is - the medicine is good too though...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two BA's; One in art history, one in painting and sculpture.

I became a house-husband.

BA in Political Science, I worked as a writer and in marketing for a while, now I'm working in banking.

my aims are for psychology & computer programming and some of neurology

I plan on making a AI chip that can be implanted into a body and take over control of it :x

10+ Year Old Account
    environmental engineering, very heavy on the math side...didn't pass the first year exams so I have to try again next summer.

It's kind of stupid that you have 9 exams in the summer which cover the whole first year of stuff. If you don't pass you have to repeat a whole year ;-(

10+ Year Old Account
    I studied Archaeology

I became unemployed.

Deleted
    I never studied or went to school besides compulsory. I became what I wanted to be at age 13, a welder.

Deleted
    I studyed software engineering at Danish Tech University. Working as a IT architect, doing heavy duty front-end / Back-end coding for Danske Bank.

That being said. I allways wanted to be an Architect... I loved to draw as a kid and create some kind of system that made sence in a harmonical fashion. But the job market for Architects in general, is pretty damn bad.

Thats when i decided to go the IT route. Figured IT-engineering was a profession that would prove to be valuable for companies and was kinda curious how the Internet tech worked + it allowed me to keep my creativity. As long as its efficient and my clients dig it.
    Last edited by mmoc7b9e2e08c4; 2013-02-23 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I studied Marketing, and I ended up as a business analyst/business process engineer via a 3 year stint in Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment. I'm glad I got out of QHSE, as it's no fun to be the fun police.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I studied graphics and multimeadia in general.

I currently work as a train engineer and i love it

I studied graphics design, multimedia and marketing and became unemployed..
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Working on my Ph.D in CS/Neural Networking. I program optical interferometers.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    my aims are for psychology & computer programming and some of neurology
    I plan on making a AI chip that can be implanted into a body and take over control of it :x
    Good luck with that... ô¿ô
    Last edited by Annoying; 2013-02-23 at 02:38 PM.

Im studying chemistry.And im hoping to have a job in a pharmaceutical or cosmetics industry.

Culinary grad, now i work in a fortune 100 company thats the second largest chemical coatings provider in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lab technician, specialty in organic synthesis. Currently working as a hospital porter.

I'm not done studying(Business and Economics), going for a Masters. I'm a (part time) project manager for a company that deals with business consultation and market research.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I'm currently studying Computer Science and hoping to go into a career of software development (which honestly isn't hard).

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Working on my Ph.D in CS/Neural Networking. I program optical interferometers.
    I tip my hat to you good sir, studying ANN and AI in general was great but quite a hard topic to grasp it's admirable that you're making it the focus of your Ph.D.

Good luck

Studying Computer Science option Computer Games at a university level...it's boring as hell and I question my path in life every day.

I was studying computer science, and now work as software engineer for a german IT company that delivers major banks and leasing companies in the EU and switzerland with software (frontend and backend).