Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard really should rework the whole Guild Dethrone thing

So, one of my rarely played alts - an Alliance hunter - has been sitting in a guild for about a year now. In the last few months, activity has slowly dwindled to the point where I am literally the only person left aside from my inactive GM.

It's a level 25 guild with a pretty nice collection of items in its vault, as well as a sizable amount of gold. I am greedy, and I want it. Unfortunately, I am not eligible to dethrone the GM due to not being a high enough rank. This annoys me.

Aside from my issues, my wife has encountered a similar problem with her guild. It's active enough - somewhat, anyway - but she is unable to dethrone her guild leader due to her rank. She has been trying for a while to get things up and running again, but since she can't properly take it over, it leaves her unable to promote and demote people, kick troublesome members, and what have you.

This feature needs more, well, features. For instance, if the GM fails to log in after, say, 180 days, then the top 5 contributors should be allowed to vote on a new leader and dethrone the inactive one.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this is why the made it so you have to be a certain rank? So people don't just ninja stuff out of a guild bank, for example.

As far as the concern with your wife; She can always just make her own guild? It's really not that hard to get a guild to lvl 25 now.

Thank you Shyama for the beautiful sig ♥

So because you and your wife are both greedy you want the feature to revolve around you and your problems? No, fuck that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So because you and your wife are both greedy you want the feature to revolve around you and your problems? No, fuck that.
    Yes, I am greedy. I stated this. Though, I am at a loss as to why my wife is greedy. Her guild has been suffering, and she wants to take it over and rebuild it, but she can't due to limitations in the system.

How is that greed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
    Maybe this is why the made it so you have to be a certain rank? So people don't just ninja stuff out of a guild bank, for example.

As far as the concern with your wife; She can always just make her own guild? It's really not that hard to get a guild to lvl 25 now.
    The guild is dead, there are literally only two players left in it. I operate on a pretty medieval level.

Anyway, from what I can tell, the only way to effectively get a guild from level 1 to 25 in any reasonable amount of time is to recruit indiscriminately, and even then it takes a while, especially on a lower population realm. She already has time invested in her current guild, as well as a solid core membership, so it'd essentially be throwing it all away if she started a new one.
    Last edited by Rheckameohs; 2013-02-24 at 09:13 AM.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    Yes, I am greedy. I stated this. Though, I am at a loss as to why my wife is greedy. Her guild has been suffering, and she wants to take it over and rebuild it, but she can't due to limitations in the system.

How is that greed?
    Because she just wants the guild because it's level 25, or she'd go and make her own.

I would say the proper way to solve issues like this would be to skip over ranks that either have no one in them, or also have only inactive players, in allowing de-thrones. This way you can't simply create extra ranks that you leave empty so no one can ever dethrone you.

The system wasn't meant to catch EVERY instance of this happening, its meant to automate most of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheckameohs View Post
    So, one of my rarely played alts - an Alliance hunter - has been sitting in a guild for about a year now. In the last few months, activity has slowly dwindled to the point where I am literally the only person left aside from my inactive GM.

It's a level 25 guild with a pretty nice collection of items in its vault, as well as a sizable amount of gold. I am greedy, and I want it. Unfortunately, I am not eligible to dethrone the GM due to not being a high enough rank. This annoys me.

Aside from my issues, my wife has encountered a similar problem with her guild. It's active enough - somewhat, anyway - but she is unable to dethrone her guild leader due to her rank. She has been trying for a while to get things up and running again, but since she can't properly take it over, it leaves her unable to promote and demote people, kick troublesome members, and what have you.

This feature needs more, well, features. For instance, if the GM fails to log in after, say, 180 days, then the top 5 contributors should be allowed to vote on a new leader and dethrone the inactive one.
    Or, you could form your own guild... abandon the ones you are in and start your own.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Because she just wants the guild because it's level 25, or she'd go and make her own.
    It's not a level 25 guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyssa View Post
    A wild Waifu appears!

Then just go make your own guild, unless you have your eye on the gbank too. Ressing guilds that aren't yours only leads to drama.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said it was a level 25 guild. I was simply stating that it's easy to level a guild to 25 now.

A wild Waifu appears!

Then just go make your own guild, unless you have your eye on the gbank too. Ressing guilds that aren't yours only leads to drama.
    There's nothing in the guild bank worth taking, just some old profession mats from the last expansion and earlier. I have multiple reasons for wanting to take over, first and foremost being that I've been a part of it for several years. As stated, I've put a lot of time into this guild, I'd rather it not all be put to waste.

... which isn't to say starting a new guild isn't an option at all.

I never said it was a level 25 guild. I was simply stating that it's easy to level a guild to 25 now.
    Oh, my bad then. It kind of seemed like you were inferring as much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's nothing in the guild bank worth taking, just some old profession mats from the last expansion and earlier. I have multiple reasons for wanting to take over, first and foremost being that I've been a part of it for several years. As stated, I've put a lot of time into this guild, I'd rather it not all be put to waste.

... which isn't to say starting a new guild isn't an option at all.

You will have to deal with the following:

1) If the GLeaders come back, drama.
    2) Any reputation the guild may have had before then.
    3) You can't do it, and they won't change it, so probably just go make your own guild anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the guild dethroning has its flaws. I have an alt in a friends guild with a very nicely filled guild bank (I'd say about 1.5mil in items and 370k in gold), however, he has his account permabanned.
    Now the deal, I'm an officer in his guild, however because his ranking system is officer > gm alt > gm, I can't dethrone him. I don't really care to much about it, however, if I were able to dethrone him, I could promote a char on his new account as guild master to give him his guild back. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Hmm, the guild dethroning has its flaws. I have an alt in a friends guild with a very nicely filled guild bank (I'd say about 1.5mil in items and 370k in gold), however, he has his account permabanned.
    Now the deal, I'm an officer in his guild, however because his ranking system is officer > gm alt > gm, I can't dethrone him. I don't really care to much about it, however, if I were able to dethrone him, I could promote a char on his new account as guild master to give him his guild back. >.>
    ... What did he do that was so bad that he got permabanned haha.

You will have to deal with the following:

1) If the GLeaders come back, drama.
    2) Any reputation the guild may have had before then.
    3) You can't do it, and they won't change it, so probably just go make your own guild anyway.
    1. She's not coming back. She made this very clear last we spoke.
    2. The guild has always had a solid reputation. When she was active, our guild leader - Trihn - was adamant about upholding the rules of the guild and was quick to give the boot to anyone who caused trouble. As a player she was fairly well respected on the server as well, so that reputation went hand in hand with the guild.
    3. I'm patient. The system on a whole just feels very incomplete, and I'm holding out in case the good people at Blizzard decide to expand it a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    2. The guild has always had a solid reputation. When she was active, our guild leader - Trihn - was adamant about upholding the rules of the guild and was quick to give the boot to anyone who caused trouble. As a player she was fairly well respected on the server as well, so that reputation went hand in hand with the guild.
    3. I'm patient. The system on a whole just feels very incomplete, and I'm holding out in case the good people at Blizzard decide to expand it a little.
    Then why aren't you guys making this thread on official forums where it'll actually be seen?

10+ Year Old Account
    No worries! Was just putting it out there in case level /did/ have anything to do with it ^-^

greedy people wanting things that aren't theirs are awesome. why doesnt blizzard just give me everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try opening a ticket, making sure to put very important information such as she did state she wasn't coming back. The best you can do is try to make your case to a GM and worst case scenario they say no. I've done it, and this was before the whole dethroning thing was implemented. Then again, I was also an officer. So yeah, that's really the best you can do, is try opening a ticket :L

You could try opening a ticket, making sure to put very important information such as she did state she wasn't coming back. The best you can do is try to make your case to a GM and worst case scenario they say no. I've done it, and this was before the whole dethroning thing was implemented. Then again, I was also an officer. So yeah, that's really the best you can do, is try opening a ticket :L
    Already tried that, unfortunately GMs can't meddle in the affairs of guilds.

To quote the GM in question...

Quote Originally Posted by Nesmos
    I've had a chance to review your ticket about a leadership issue with your guild, and while I would have preferred to speak with you in-game about this, it appears our paths did not cross today.

I understand you are looking to claim leadership of <Holy Knights> who currently has an inactive guild leader. I sincerely wish I could tell you otherwise, but I'm afraid Game Masters will not be able to bypass the intended mechanics of the Guild Dethrone feature. If there is nobody in ranks 1-4, leadership will need to remain in the hands of the current guild leader despite their inactivity. I'm very sorry that divine intervention will be unavailable in this case. >.<

If you have any additional questions or concerns pertaining to this issue, please feel to reply to this ticket to re-open it and we’ll contact you as soon as possible. Otherwise, if you are all set for now, I hope you have an excellent rest of the day despite the outcome of this request. Take care!