Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is it a shame to get Mimiron's head and Invincible with the nerfed droprate ?

It's a little bit stupid but ...
    If you drop theses mounts with the 1% droprates, and then, someone looks at your achievements, and can see that you never did LK25HM or YS25HM in time, couldn't it be a shame ?
    I mean

"Ah ah, this guy have the mount but never accomplished the achievement in time ! Naab lulz uninstall !"

That's what could this someone think...

Or maybe i'm simply paranoid ?

Deleted
    I don't think you should be ashamed by having mounts.
    Also why do you care what player x thinks?

Deleted
    Youre just being paranoid

10+ Year Old Account
    Um. No. I collect mounts so I'll take any I get lucky enough to get.

As in "would it be shameful?"? I don't really think so.. a lot of people are riding around alar these days, and I'm assuming that they roughly all of them got it wrath or later. Personally i would like to see rare drops like this removed after the xpansion, so that it retains its awesomeness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take some paranoia pills, if someone says that to you they are either jelly or have issues.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

RNG back then, RNG now, problem?

I want those mounts yes, but I don't elevate people who got it when the content was relevant.

Deleted
    You could also say that you bought it for max gold at the BMAH
    Making you a rich son of a gun

Deleted
    Why would you care about other ppl's opinions? And if anyone says anything they are just jealous or they feel like they aren't special snowflakes anymore if someone else has the mount they worked so hard for when the content was current. Just enjoy any mount you get! ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    A mount is a mount. It's not like you would be saying "LOOK AT ME I KILLED LK25H, HERE'S MY MOUNT AS PROOF!" You'd be more like "Check out this sweet ass invisible mount."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    A mount is a mount. It's not like you would be saying "LOOK AT ME I KILLED LK25H, HERE'S MY MOUNT AS PROOF!" You'd be more like "Check out this sweet ass invisible mount."
    Invincible* derp.

Anyway no, why would it matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocheku View Post
    Invincible* derp.

Anyway no, why would it matter?
    /facepalm derp

shouldnt play the game caring what others think. just dont be a toolbag and if others want to think less of you for any reason that petty, to hell with them imo

You're just paranoid. Luck is luck, aside from the people that had bosses like 25m H LK or heroic madness on farm. For those people they have the achievement to show the date of when they got said mount.

Just remember its not paranoia if they are really out to get you.

Is it a shame to get Ashes of Al'ar now that the fight has been made soloable, not just from an increase in level of players but also a nerf to both his total HP (happened pre wrath) and a change to his mechanics to make soloing it more easy?

Is it a shame to get the raven lord now that you no longer need the help of a druid to summon him?

If you like a mount, get it because you think it's awesome or whatever. Is it's worth to you diminished because you got it when it was outdated, and joe raider over there got it when it was current?

I killed attunmen in karazhan every week for 4 months in cata, plus numerous times in the process to exalt the rep, plus a bunch of times in TBC, to get the fiery warhorse because I think it was cool, and with the exception of the Crimson Deathcharger from the shadowmourne loot box (which I also have, obtained in cata, not wrath), it's the only mount with fiery hooves my orc warrior can ride. I like it because I think it's a bad ass mount. Do I care I got it in cata years after it was current content. No I do not.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Sounds foolish to me. I don't care when I got my mounts, All I care for is that I got them.
    I have been a victim of player X whispering me something like "LOL u got that mount after it got easylol u dont deserve!!!"
    I asked him to ride his own version and link his achievement to prove he did it, he refused, so i checked for myself.
    It turned out that even now that "it got easy", he still didn't have it.

Point is, it's jaelousy.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Is it a shame to get Ashes of Al'ar now that the fight has been made soloable, not just from an increase in level of players but also a nerf to both his total HP (happened pre wrath) and a change to his mechanics to make soloing it more easy?

Is it a shame to get the raven lord now that you no longer need the help of a druid to summon him?

If you like a mount, get it because you think it's awesome or whatever. Is it's worth to you diminished because you got it when it was outdated, and joe raider over there got it when it was current?

I killed attunmen in karazhan every week for 4 months in cata, plus numerous times in the process to exalt the rep, plus a bunch of times in TBC, to get the fiery warhorse because I think it was cool, and with the exception of the Crimson Deathcharger from the shadowmourne loot box (which I also have, obtained in cata, not wrath), it's the only mount with fiery hooves my orc warrior can ride. I like it because I think it's a bad ass mount. Do I care I got it in cata years after it was current content. No I do not.
    Well it's different for Al'ar since it always've been a luck question, the droprate started with the same droprate as now. It has never been a reward for accomplishing something, it's always been based on luck and only luck.

So are you saying that if someone got a Mimiron's Head or Invincible's Reins yesterday(or any day after that content was relevant), they should be ashamed?

I'm sure there are people who have been farming some mounts since the content was relevant(onyxia, alar, baron, etc) and haven't been lucky enough to get it until many months or even years later. What's the difference if it's 1% 5% or 100%? You either have it, or you don't, it's as simple as that.

If you care what other people in an online game think about you, or your "virtual" achievements, then you're probably already too far gone.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2013-02-24 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    So are you saying that if someone got a Mimiron's Head or Invincible's Reins yesterday(or any day after that content was relevant), they should be ashamed?

I'm sure there are people who have been farming some mounts since the content was relevant(onyxia, alar, baron, etc) and haven't been lucky enough to get it until many months or even years later.

If you care what other people in an online game think about you, or your "virtual" achievements, then you're probably already too far gone.
    I don't know, i'm just wondering about it.