• No

45 59.21%
  • Show me results!!!

13 17.11%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you still play WoW if you decreased in when you die

Title states it all. So would you? Im wondering if that would make people care a little more about mechanics/gain better situation awareness.

Deleted
    No.
    It's a boring playmode and havn't any interest (for me) since i mostly die by falling.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-24 at 10:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    decreased in what....
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Deleted
    Assuming that you mean decreased in levels or experience, then no I wouldn't. The game can be tedious enough as it is without making it worse. Also pretty much the only place characters can die is in raids these days, so it would only be penalizing raiders.

No, because what would be the point of raiding? Or battlegrounds? You'll have to level after a few wipes.

This kind of mechanic doesn't belong in a MMO.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    No, deleveling does not work in a theme park mmo, if it was a sandbox mmo on the other hand it could be worth considering.

I lol'd to myself, I thought I read decreased in size, I was about to say, could you imagine the rogues doing it for bgs

Anyways no probably I wouldnt because of wipes, afking in the world to get a drink, bgs etc, but if they introduced it for a week as a trial id give it a go, I can imagine a few people would like it, personnaly, I'd be leveling my twink dk to 90, getting everything I wanted for him, and de level him to 70 again

Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    You dumb?

/10char
    Hes asking for opinions, with a good reason behind to ask, theres no need to be insulting and negative

Yes I would gear in full 90 quest blues with no level required and die my way down to 14 and do some BGs

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be a bigger penalty for dying, but losing levels is a bit extreme when at max. Losing experience for dying too much while below max level would be fine. Annoying, but fine.

Deleted
    Interesting idea.

Kind of depends how it would work.

If you lost xp when out in the world I think I would be fine with that.

Losing XP while say Raiding of PvP I don't think would work.

It would limit the number of wipes you could have a week though and then you would have to level back to max level.

Interesting but I don't think it would work for PvP and Raiding.

Deleted
    No because in current MMO market and majority players who play the game would mean that

1) Dying becomes impossible.
    2) Every class has cheat death ability on low cd
    3) Every class gets huge healing ability.
    4) Raiding would be tuned so that boss either despawns near your deaths or it would be easy as heck and only hard part is to stay awake 30 mins because dying/healing is out of the game
    5) You wont decrease on lvls on max level, making leveling just painful

One of 5 or all of them.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd quit. I die too often in PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No, because what would be the point of raiding? Or battlegrounds? You'll have to level after a few wipes.

This kind of mechanic doesn't belong in a MMO.
    EVE Online. Its not WoW but its still an MMO and considering it keeps holding its stable niche since years I would say it is viable.

People die a lot in PvP or progression PvE, it's a part of the game and people shouldn't be punished for playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    People always die in WoW because of somebody else or simply because of thing out of their control. If you're internet gives up and you die and lose a level that sucks. If somebody in your raid LFR or otherwise mucks up, you're still paying the price.
    On top of this the people who rolled in PvP servers but don't like being ganked will whine all the more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    EVE Online. Its not WoW but its still an MMO and considering it keeps holding its stable niche since years I would say it is viable.
    Not as viable as wow since EVE Online only have about 400 000 subscribers, while WoW have more than 9 millions.

What the holy flying tauren.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Not as viable as wow since EVE Online only have about 400 000 subscribers, while WoW have more than 9 millions.
    EvE is doing more than fine. I would even list it as 2nd most successful mmo that has lasted all these years. However its not solely because sub numbers.
    Its how the game works out. It has economy and very hardcore playerbase. Cant really compare that to wow. If wow guilds worked the way EvE guilds did I would love it even more. Sadly, it wont and is not happening unless you want to play on RP server thats totally immersive, which they arent anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    EvE is doing more than fine. I would even list it as 2nd most successful mmo that has lasted all these years. However its not solely because sub numbers.
    Its how the game works out. It has economy and very hardcore playerbase. Cant really compare that to wow. If wow guilds worked the way EvE guilds did I would love it even more. Sadly, it wont and is not happening unless you want to play on RP server thats totally immersive, which they arent anymore
    Everything is comparable.
    WoW is more successfull than Eve Online and is also the most successfull MMORPG.
    EvE works fine (Compared to SWTOR, Rift, and all thoses shitty games), but not as much as WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    EVE is also a sandbox MMO and works differently then WoW does, they are not comparable. Harsh death penalties have no place in a theme park MMO even if i agree it works brilliantly in a sandbox one.