Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    All of these individual "Help my DPS" or "Help my whatever's DPS" threads are irrelevant and need to stop. There is a Fix my DPS sticky for a reason.

    That being said;

    -Gems are wrong
    -Jewelcrafting is a less than optimal profession.
    -Reforging is wrong (not going for any haste cap)

    From logs, looking at Iron Jugg;
    -dot uptimes are atrocious - (UA 80%, Agony 97%, Corruption 96%) - These should all be at or above 99%.
    -Malefic grasp channel time is extremely low - 36% - should be 55-60% or higher.
    -From look at cooldown usage, it appears that everything isnt macro'd together for some reason.
    Last edited by Xyronic; 2013-10-09 at 05:00 AM.

  2. #222

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Minous View Post
    I don't know anything about warlocks and really want to help ours boost her performance.

    Armory Profile: Amberrelly

    Protectors: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=637&e=1073

    Sha of Pride: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2975&e=3344

    Iron Jugg: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5901&e=6267

    Malkorok: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7529&e=7854
    Low up time on dots, probably does not understand how stat snapshot works, not capable of multidotting and keeping track of dots on multiple targets.

    Why are you asking questions about her class for her? If she cannot spend the 5 minutes to come here and ask for herself, it probably means a lack of motivation to improve on her part.

  4. #224
    Pandaren Monk Martyn 470's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everywhere, and nowhere.
    Posts
    1,754
    Armory profile : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Bumps/simple
    World of logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b4z27yquf6edo5qn/

    Using Grimoire of Supremacy w/ Observer
    Didnt use prepots, curse of elements, or terrorlord.

    I really feel like i'm doing sub par dps even though im fully gemmed and reforged correctly.

  5. #225
    Using Grimoire of Supremacy w/ Observer
    Didnt use prepots, curse of elements, or terrorlord.

    I really feel like i'm doing sub par dps even though im fully gemmed and reforged correctly.
    It's generally hard to get a good idea of how you are doing when you are at a target dummy, but I can say a few things. You only had a 61% uptime on immolate. As a general rule for a warlock, you want to keep your dots rolling at all times. Not having immolate up means you are losing chaos bolts. For a spec like affliction, you want to exploit pandemic to make sure you reapply your dots when you have buffs like trinket procs, but this is not as important for destruction. To play destruction well, you use these buffs as opportunities to release some chaos bolts (or shadowburn, if you're in execute). Your logs seem to indicate you aren't paying much attention to this as most of your chaos bolts are around 480k with a few at 550k and seem to be happening once every 10-20 sec. During your opener, you had one that did 968k. Watching these things matters.

    Lots of people look at top warlocks in the world and they gripe about how warlocks need to be nerfed, but this is because of the flexibility of the warlock's secondary resource systems. We have the ability to store up resources and unload them when it is most advantageous. If you just things as soon as you have resources, you'll never do good dps with a warlock. This is true for all three warlock specs. But once you've mastered the secondary resource system, you can do some amazing numbers with a warlock. Good luck to you.

  6. #226
    Field Marshal Eileana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    69
    I know it's a short fight, but are there any key-moments I could've boosted my DPS?
    I pre-potted and used KJCunning.

    Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hocmt...?s=6977&e=7159

    Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...einea/advanced
    Last edited by Eileana; 2013-10-11 at 01:05 PM.
    ¤¤¤
    Deinea | Gifu @ EU-Al'Akir

  7. #227
    Pandaren Monk Martyn 470's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Everywhere, and nowhere.
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by gildelicil View Post
    It's generally hard to get a good idea of how you are doing when you are at a target dummy, but I can say a few things. You only had a 61% uptime on immolate. As a general rule for a warlock, you want to keep your dots rolling at all times. Not having immolate up means you are losing chaos bolts. For a spec like affliction, you want to exploit pandemic to make sure you reapply your dots when you have buffs like trinket procs, but this is not as important for destruction. To play destruction well, you use these buffs as opportunities to release some chaos bolts (or shadowburn, if you're in execute). Your logs seem to indicate you aren't paying much attention to this as most of your chaos bolts are around 480k with a few at 550k and seem to be happening once every 10-20 sec. During your opener, you had one that did 968k. Watching these things matters.

    Lots of people look at top warlocks in the world and they gripe about how warlocks need to be nerfed, but this is because of the flexibility of the warlock's secondary resource systems. We have the ability to store up resources and unload them when it is most advantageous. If you just things as soon as you have resources, you'll never do good dps with a warlock. This is true for all three warlock specs. But once you've mastered the secondary resource system, you can do some amazing numbers with a warlock. Good luck to you.

    I think that uptime for immolate may be wrong in some way, I keep it up constantly and make sure it never drops, I also re use it if I get a big proc like my trinket.

  8. #228
    felling my dps is alittle short on these fights
    dont post a lot so had to make it look like that

    logs
    Spoils- destro
    worldoflogs .com/reports/f2qwcdrrecewnk88/sum/damageDone/?s=2814&e=3269
    Thok- demo
    worldoflogs .com/reports/s1gncc68fctl18xy/sum/damageDone/?s=110&e=579
    Siegecrafter- destro
    worldoflogs .com/reports/s1gncc68fctl18xy/sum/damageDone/?s=1098&e=1362

    my armory:
    us.battle .net/wow/en/character/azuremyst/Sodow/advanced

  9. #229
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Deathstar version 3, waiting for Mickey Mouse to save me from Lord Donald Duck
    Posts
    10

    Warlock PvE help.

    Hello i need some advices on what i might be doing wrong, in my rotation.

    Atm i am at 517 item level, but im stuck at around 100-120 sustained dps which i think is quite low.
    I play Destruction (is this the most viable specc at my item lvl?), and i am atm trying to hit haste breakpoint (around 11k if i remember?), and i just dont see what i could possibly be doing wrong.

    My rotation as Destro is that i maintain immolate up 100% (obviously) and otherwise use all my backdrafts on Incinerate, and when im at 3 embers i pop dark soul to use chaos bolt.

    I mainly play Shaman healer so im not that much into what is best and what is worst for a Destro lock therefore i am asking you guys for advice. Below you will see my armory link, in advance thank you very much.

    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Yimoh/advanced

    I moved your thread to the "Fix My DPS Thread!" since you're much more likely to get an answer here. It also helps keep our forum a fair bit tidier. :-) Please check out the stickies before you make a new thread, to see if they cover an already existing subject.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-10-13 at 10:04 PM.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Klorum View Post
    Hello i need some advices on what i might be doing wrong, in my rotation.

    Atm i am at 517 item level, but im stuck at around 100-120 sustained dps which i think is quite low.
    I play Destruction (is this the most viable specc at my item lvl?), and i am atm trying to hit haste breakpoint (around 11k if i remember?), and i just dont see what i could possibly be doing wrong.

    My rotation as Destro is that i maintain immolate up 100% (obviously) and otherwise use all my backdrafts on Incinerate, and when im at 3 embers i pop dark soul to use chaos bolt.

    I mainly play Shaman healer so im not that much into what is best and what is worst for a Destro lock therefore i am asking you guys for advice. Below you will see my armory link, in advance thank you very much.

    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Yimoh/advanced

    I moved your thread to the "Fix My DPS Thread!" since you're much more likely to get an answer here. It also helps keep our forum a fair bit tidier. :-) Please check out the stickies before you make a new thread, to see if they cover an already existing subject.


    Just look what your amory profile tells you:

    2 unenchanted items
    Missing Living Steel Belt Buckle

    You are under hit cap that costs you alot of dps.

    With no logs the basic advice I can give you:

    At pull blow all your cooldowns and cast as many Chaos Bolts with Dark Soul + Immersus trinket proc as possible. During the fight keep your embers at 3,5 until your Dark Soul and triknet ICD is ready. Read the sticky Destro warlock guide for more...

  11. #231

    Fix my dps DESTRO!

    hello guys this is currently my eqip with these talents
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/characte...a/Reiuz/simple
    My reforge is right? I have the haste to 10 % to get a tick more for the sacrificed or do I raise it?
    Ty all!

  12. #232
    Hi guys! So I'm going to post some logs here, but just to give some background, I started playing Lock as my main for 5.1. At this point, though, I'm simming higher than any other DPS in that raid, yet I still find myself near the bottom on most (if not all) encounters. Now of course I realize that sims are just that--simulations--and that real-world DPS will vary, but I feel that I should be near the top of the meter and can hardly ever get there. Right now I'm going aff/destro. My UA uptime is horrible for aff, and I know this--are there any suggestions anyone has about ways to keep track of multi-dotting? or is it something I just kind of have to find something that works for me? Right now I'm using Tidyplates and of course affdots--and this does OK, but sometimes Tidyplates bugs out to where it doesn't show dots on the nameplates...so that's obviously annoying. Past that there are attention span issues that need to be addressed =P.

    Also, a lock friend of mine (who does higher dps than me in less gear) told me that for my initial dot application (SB+SS, Haunt, MG till everything procs, SB+SS again) I should continuously SS and re-SS on multitarget fights (like protectors) instead of using Haunt and MG. Is this viable?

    Right now I'm reforged for destro. When I go Aff I use the 13737 BP. And enough chatter, without further ado, the info you really need:

    Here's an aff one--Nazgrim from last night. We just burned through Defensive stance, so there are no excuses for my uptime but is there anything else you guys can see that I'm maybe missing?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=5024#Indikah

    And here's a destro one too--for Garrosh, as my GM told me today he saw a Paragon lock doing double what I did (yes, yes, I know, Paragon...but still, I don't feel that *any lock* should do DOUBLE my damage on any fight when I am sitting around with a heroic weapon!). I am obviously doing things wrong.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9515&e=10123

    And here's Paragons from last night--aff multitarget:

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8481&e=8905

    Any help you all can provide will be appreciated and put to good use! I should have done this a long time ago, but I don't like putting my failings out there for all to see, but at this point it's obvious to everyone I should be doing more and I'm not...it's kind of embarassing...so laugh it up! xD
    Last edited by itslen; 2013-10-15 at 11:31 PM.

  13. #233
    Hi!

    Our Warlock was demo for the most part and the nerf to it hit her hard. She has recently changed over to destro and I know shes willing to try her best to improve her dps which was once number 1 by miles to now low-mid of the pack of our DPS'ers, so I can only know how frustrating something like this can be and to change your spec to try and improve your dps once again for heroics. I haven't mentioned her DPS to her yet, as I don't want to hurt her feelings in any way as shes always been willing to learn and to play at her best possible so I'm just trying to grab some tips I can give to her to help her improve faster.. In terms of mechanics and stuff, she is one of the best - just needs her dps again to back her up!

    These are our logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

    I've done it so you can choose which bosses you'd like to look up more and hopefully I can receive some helpful points I can give to her, please keep in mind that she hasn't had much practice with this spec so is relatively new to it!

    Tips for both Multi-Dot and Single Target fights would be most appreciated
    Last edited by Hound02; 2013-10-17 at 10:15 AM.

  14. #234
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    44
    @itslen

    Nazgrim: if you say you were burning him during the Def stance phase aswell, then yes, the dot uptimes seems low ( 96 UA, 98 BoA, 98 Corr), even if, per-say, they're not LOW, they're just low considering you chose to dps the boss aswell 100% of the time

    Garrosh: no clue how destroy works out, i'm usually aff + in charge of killing engineers, with all the movement + single target going on, I practically suck on that fight. If you're in the main group, try an aoe rotation after all the small adds are on the tanks : RoF, FnB, immo, conf, incin, refresh RoF when it runs out, embers spent + refreshed so P1 should be an aoe heaven for you if you're in the group. try to snipe low hp adds with a mouseover Havoc macro on Garrosh ( don't know compared to a full aoe rotation if it's worth or not, expect input from someone else who knows more on this matter, i'm not a destro fan). P2 havoc the weps and make Garrosh eat a CB every 15 secs...other than this, idk more.

    Paragons: idk really, the damage/dps seems acceptable to me atleast so, await input from a more stellar lock I reckon ( I pad that one aswell, but yeah, 25m so, idk if values can be compared properly, even if it's the same fight, I guess bloods die faster in 10m, etc)

    @Hound02

    well, your lock seems to socket exp+mastery in red sockets ...which...is a no no. there's plenty of hit gear in SoO to be able to reach 15%, and even so, socketing hit+mastery gems should only happen in blue sockets when you go for a set bonus..all those exp+mastery gems make her lose 80 int / gem...if she's hit starved, have her reforge out of crit into hit ( e.g. from the legendary cloak). no idea what the haste value should be around, rest of the gear looks fine, but yeah, i'm not a destro fan.

    looking at the logs, one thing that pops out is the low use of Havoc ? once on protectors, 3 times on norushen ? (only hc fights) kind of low even for my taste of a destro non-lover.
    have her use Havoc more with either Shadowburn or Chaos Bolt ( buffed with int procs or when at 3.5 embers to not cap them)

    Single Target: no freaking clue, I play aff for that.
    Multi-Target: RoF, FnB, immo, conf, incin , reapply RoF when it runs out ( no idea as said above if it's worth cleaving here with shadowburn at any point so, await more input).

    on another hand: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...exeer/advanced + http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ne/?enc=bosses
    i'm looking to improve my aff play mostly, going destro when I feel like the aoe might be better than aff with SS play ( sha of pride + dark shaman).
    I would also like some helpful advice to where/ what I could improve, as I feel what I can manage to dish out is a bit subpar with current gear ( do note the chest + belt that I got last night only, - chest equipped only from iron jug forward)
    cheers,
    Last edited by Vexeer; 2013-10-17 at 01:45 PM.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    well, your lock seems to socket exp+mastery in red sockets ...which...is a no no.
    This isn't exactly accurate, though it depends on your gear. Obviously you need to be hit-capped. As gear improves, so does the value of secondary stats, since they are multiplicative. So if your intellect is high enough, the value of 2 mastery is worth more than 1 intellect. So by gemming this way, you are trading 80 intellect for 160 expertise, then you can reforge 160 hit from your gear into 160 mastery. So effectively, you have picked up a socket bonus while still putting in the equivalent of a 320 mastery gem. This strategy only works if you are able to reforge to keep from over-capping your hit. Once you go over the hit cap reforging out of all your hit gear, you are no longer able to reforge that hit into mastery, so the expertise is now wasted stats.
    Last edited by gildelicil; 2013-10-17 at 08:38 PM.

  16. #236
    Hello I have a couple of questions about affliction that I don't seem to have answers for in searches. I have been destruction for pretty much all of MOP recently am trying to offspec AFF simply out of boredom of destro, my dps has dropped a ton from the switch which is probably just from not being used to aff yet, around a 30k (180k to 150k) loss on a straight 20-30 min dps on target dummies, I even do less dps on fights like protectors which aff is supposed to favor.

    Maybe it is my gear as im still somewhat gemmed for destro im sitting around 9800 haste and 14k mastery unbuffed (basically switched the crit to haste)

    My questions are as follow:
    Is it worth it to recast let's say a really beefed up corruption or ua that are about to expire if for example all I have up is lmg or the toxic totem int proc that are also near fading time, or just let the really strong dot run its course and recast an unbuffed one.

    And is it worth it to stop a malefic grasp cast to recast corruption that just faded or wait the extra second or less to let it finish and reapply it after.

    Sorry if these have been answered somewhere else before I haven't found it in writing or video.

  17. #237

    Destruction on Thok help

    Hey folks. So my guild just got up to Thok 10 and had a few pulls on him. I'm looking for any little tips that you guys have to up my dps. I tried swapping to demo for a few of our pulls last week but I felt my dps was a bit lower when I did.

    Armory Link: (My helm is the LFR one from Immerseus, forgot to swap it when I logged out last)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Athic/advanced

    I moved your thread to the "Fix My DPS Thread!" since you're much more likely to get an answer here. It also helps keep our forum a fair bit tidier. :-) Please check out the stickies before you make a new thread, to see if they cover an already existing subject.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-10-18 at 06:28 AM.

  18. #238
    The Patient Furtylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Lonely Mountain
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by Athic View Post
    Hey folks. So my guild just got up to Thok 10 and had a few pulls on him. I'm looking for any little tips that you guys have to up my dps. I tried swapping to demo for a few of our pulls last week but I felt my dps was a bit lower when I did.

    Armory Link: (My helm is the LFR one from Immerseus, forgot to swap it when I logged out last)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Athic/advanced
    Thok's roars are exactly 2.4s apart, so if your haste is below ~11k you'll need to use your backdraft procs to fit a chaos bolt between his roars. KJC is the obvious end tier choice here, especially since a good chunk of your raid's dps occurs during the kite phase. When the bats come down make sure you keep immolate up on all of them as well as rain of fire — this is a good time to use your unending resolve so you don't get interrupted. You can also immolate the yeti if it's nearby and throw a few incinerates via havoc into it for some extra ember gen.

    Otherwise there's not much. It takes a few pulls to get the muscle memory for the roars but once you do it's fairly simple.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    Thok's roars are exactly 2.4s apart, so if your haste is below ~11k you'll need to use your backdraft procs to fit a chaos bolt between his roars. KJC is the obvious end tier choice here, especially since a good chunk of your raid's dps occurs during the kite phase. When the bats come down make sure you keep immolate up on all of them as well as rain of fire — this is a good time to use your unending resolve so you don't get interrupted. You can also immolate the yeti if it's nearby and throw a few incinerates via havoc into it for some extra ember gen.

    Otherwise there's not much. It takes a few pulls to get the muscle memory for the roars but once you do it's fairly simple.
    You may already be doing this, but it's useful for people following the thread. I would suggest getting a weak aura or tell me when to track when you have Devotion Aura, if you run with any paladins, since DA prevents you from getting interrupted. You want to glyph your Unending Resolve for this fight to reduce its cooldown at the expense of it's damage reduction. Here you are using it less as a defensive cooldown and more as interrupt prevention. A side effect is that your damage will be a little bit less spiky than other raiders when it's up, but it won't keep your health too high to prevent phase transition. Use it when you want to cast some buffed chaos bolts without worrying about being interrupted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by saucise View Post
    Hello I have a couple of questions about affliction that I don't seem to have answers for in searches. I have been destruction for pretty much all of MOP recently am trying to offspec AFF simply out of boredom of destro, my dps has dropped a ton from the switch which is probably just from not being used to aff yet, around a 30k (180k to 150k) loss on a straight 20-30 min dps on target dummies, I even do less dps on fights like protectors which aff is supposed to favor.

    Maybe it is my gear as im still somewhat gemmed for destro im sitting around 9800 haste and 14k mastery unbuffed (basically switched the crit to haste)

    My questions are as follow:
    Is it worth it to recast let's say a really beefed up corruption or ua that are about to expire if for example all I have up is lmg or the toxic totem int proc that are also near fading time, or just let the really strong dot run its course and recast an unbuffed one.

    And is it worth it to stop a malefic grasp cast to recast corruption that just faded or wait the extra second or less to let it finish and reapply it after.

    Sorry if these have been answered somewhere else before I haven't found it in writing or video.
    This is one of the things that makes playing affliction a challenge. Whether you refresh your dot somewhat depends. Here I use small numbers to make it easier to follow. If you have 6 seconds of a dot that does 10dps, and you replace it with a weaker version that does 8 dps right before some buff falls off, over those 6 seconds you have lost 12 damage. Suppose that this dot has a 12 sec. duration. If you had not replaced it, you would have those 6 seconds at the 10dps rate, but then you would have to recast with an unbuffed version which does, say, 6 dps. So over the next 6 seconds, you only get 6 dps. These numbers are starting to get a bit confusing, so let's tally it up:

    - Cast a weaker dot before the buff wears off: 12 sec * 8 dps = 96 damage.
    - Let the strong dot expire before recast: 6 sec * 10 dps + 6 sec * 6 dps = 96 damage.

    In this case, it would be equal either way. A slight nudge in any of the numbers could make one stronger than the other. The reason nobody talks about what to do in this situation is that it is completely dependent upon the situation (how many seconds left and how long the dot lasts) and it is impossible to do this math in your head in that fraction of a second you have to make your decision. The best you can do is use something like Affdots to watch your dot strength and make a gut decision.

    For the MG question, you should use some addon that shows your channel ticks and cast your corruption right after a tick. MG doesn't build up strength as you channel, but if you consistently cut it off right before a tick, the time since the last tick is wasted. It's not a large difference on its own, but casting right after a channel tick instead of before a tick, over the course of fight, adds up.

    I mostly played demonology in the last tier and tried affliction this tier. My damage wasn't great, and I was doing a lot of studying to figure out why. I came to the conclusion that I wanted to play affliction like I played demonology. I watched my buffs and, when I got procs, I wanted to make my damage really spike. Affliction doesn't really play that way. Affliction is about catching those procs by casting your dots, and then making those procs last as long as possible. This is why affliction can do such an amazing opener. While other people get a big spike for a few seconds at the start of a fight, affliction snapshots it and keeps the big damage rolling for twice as long as anyone else. It makes affliction unforgiving when you make a mistake, but can put out some great numbers if you play consistently well. It also scales well with gear, so your numbers will come up quickly as your gear improves.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by gildelicil View Post
    You may already be doing this, but it's useful for people following the thread. I would suggest getting a weak aura or tell me when to track when you have Devotion Aura, if you run with any paladins, since DA prevents you from getting interrupted. You want to glyph your Unending Resolve for this fight to reduce its cooldown at the expense of it's damage reduction. Here you are using it less as a defensive cooldown and more as interrupt prevention. A side effect is that your damage will be a little bit less spiky than other raiders when it's up, but it won't keep your health too high to prevent phase transition. Use it when you want to cast some buffed chaos bolts without worrying about being interrupted.
    Awesome thanks for the tips. We had a rough week and didn't manage to get any more pulls on Thok, but I'll definitely try this next time we do. And yeah, slowly working on making weak auras to track everything. Actually considering a UI overhaul soon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •