Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostkitty View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a0b7xb7qzps6o2uy/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kasumi/simple

Theres the logs from last night, as you can see my dps goes up and down, majority of the time my trinkets proc at the start of the fight then I don't see them proc for a good long while.

Comparing my dmg %s with other warlocks I have the spells on the same dmg % meaning my CB is ruffly 30% of my dmg and so forth, but my spells seem to be hitting for half the dmg of the other locks I compared to.

My guild is basically going to remove me from the raid grp this week if I don't find a solution as to why my dps is so pathetic, I know i have a 483 wep but surely that can't be the reason my dmg is so pathetic
    Your current weapon is gimping your damage a lot. Going from a 483 to a 502ilvl weapon, my dps increased 15-20k dps. Then going from 502 to a 530ilvl (upgraded 522) I gained nearly 20k dps again. IMO your main priority should be replacing that weapon of yours asap. I would save my coins to roll on a ToT boss that drops a weapon upgrade.

Hello there!
    My Warlock's name is Brusalka, these are my logs from last night http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-aa4viboz8iltyzz3/ and this is my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rusalka/simple .

My question is regarding going for haste breakpoints higher than 8097. For the logs my haste was 9800 for the 9778 affliction Agony haste BP as it was a clear night and I was alternating to affliction for some of the encounters. Is it actually significantly better to go for 13157 and 14840 haste BP as Demonology or is it better to stay at 8097 haste and put the remaining into Mastery?

I understand that on some fights its better to be completely into mastery such as Horridon, Durumu and Lei Shen as the amount of AoE would make for mastery to be significantly greater than haste; however, with very little haste we notice the greater impact of RNG of having the UVLS not proccing at the beginning of the fight and thus causing for a massive drop in DPS. What do you fellas recommend?

Hey all, So my guild is struggling on heroic IQ and being an officer and lowest dps before burn phase has me blaming myself so I'm looking for some way to put out more damage pre phase 4. I have numerous items I can swap back and forth between if its a stat priority issue, otherwise if its a playstyle or priority issue I'd love any input that can be given. I hate the feeling that the only reason Im in raid on this fight is because I have demonic gateway so I want to push myself as hard as I can to keep up my usual A+ gameplay as I try my very best to be top 2 on every boss encounter we do.

It won't allow me to post links unfortunately.... my guilds name is plan B on Korgath, My warlocks name is Leylas. I apologize for not being able to give a direct link, as usually I just lurk on here <.< >.>
    Last edited by Leylas; 2013-07-18 at 04:49 PM.

i think u are here only clever lock on this web site i was reading ur reviews
    so mate i need help last 4 days i spent 15k gold for gems and reforges and enchants but cant know what is best dps for me
    i am lock destro 530 i level hit crit mastery haste is my new build now
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Colibra/advanced

can u advice me what to take which talents and what gems reforges and enchants i need?
    what build i must take ?
    hit crit mastery haste or another? and what talent is better for single target on raids on bosses grimoire or service?
    i want to make top dps on single target i play only destro

thants in advance because of this pm i made my acc here i hope u will reply me

Just wondering if we are expecting too much from our lock or if anyone can give us some help.

I can't post links yet.

Armory: /wow/en/character/proudmoore/Madec/advanced

The biggest fight we were worried about was H Tortos (we kite bats and one of the boomkins kick): worldoflogs /reports/rt-7fsmngekbvzcg1dt/sum/damageDone/?s=7123&e=7567

Other recent parses include: worldoflogs /reports/rt-5znkrvkndh1p11zd/sum/damageDone/?s=2436&e=2992

Any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Solanara View Post
    Just wondering if we are expecting too much from our lock or if anyone can give us some help.

I can't post links yet.

Armory: /wow/en/character/proudmoore/Madec/advanced

The biggest fight we were worried about was H Tortos (we kite bats and one of the boomkins kick): worldoflogs /reports/rt-7fsmngekbvzcg1dt/sum/damageDone/?s=7123&e=7567

Other recent parses include: worldoflogs /reports/rt-5znkrvkndh1p11zd/sum/damageDone/?s=2436&e=2992

Any feedback is appreciated.
    As long as bats are dying quickly enough, technically your warlock is fine. his low dps is due to him barely damaging bats and focusing instead on tortos and whirl turtles. if bats are dying plenty fast enough, then his dps on the bats would just end up being meter padding. one thing he may not be doing though is getting out AoE immolate and rain of fire for ember generation during burn phase to maximize his shadow burn output.

If he's already doing that then he is doing an acceptable job, though in my raid I always assist on bats as well as whirl turtles.

- - - Updated - - -

I would tell him though to change his reforging into crit, instead into mastery as nearly every fight has some form of cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at more of your parses though he seems to be underperforming by a fairly large margin. either your hunter is significantly better than my guilds ( entirely possible) or he either doesn't know how to inflate his numbers or doesn't care to. If he has any questions about warlocks I'd be more than happy to answer them if he wants to create an alt on korgath alliance. My toons name is Leylas.

We don't kill the bats, we just have our brewmaster kite them. We'll ask our lock to make an alt and talk to you. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wzrdy View Post
    Hey guys, I recently sim'd my character for single target and it claimed I could pull 250k+ on a 2.5~ minute fight.

I tried to do the same thing on a dummy and I could pull around ~190k.

Warlocks of similar ilvl pull more and I'm not sure how.

During raids I don't pull as much as I sim, and I've searched a bunch of forums and talked to other warlocks and I can't figure out why I can't maximize my DPS as it should be.

Could you guys help me?

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Wzrdy/advanced
    Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v453hgd9xa9ko7v5/
    Logs x2: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2em55tw820udeytg/
    Hi there Wzrdy. I'm sorry noone responded until now, took a little while longer than what is usual for this thread. Before I do anything at all, I'm gonna point out that your staff is unenchanted, and that is a significant DPS loss.

You're talking about a 2.5 minute duration fight, which is purely about burst. It's 2 minutes and 30 seconds, which means you can get 2 full uses of Grimoire of Service. Sacrifice may perform better for you in raids, but there is NO WAY it will come close to the madness that will be Service, especially when you're running with an inflated uptime (150 seconds total, 40 seconds Service uptime = 26% uptime, as opposed to 16.6% which is the norm for that talent).
    Furthermore, you're fully specced into Haste which will scale pretty well with your dooms and Imp Swarms, but yield very little burst damage output - which is what the duration you talk of is about.

Your itemization is very, very good (I envy you, same ilvl but almost twice your crit rating), and this is more about picking the correct grimoire and picking the correct stat prioritation for the duration and style of the encounter. I do sincerely dislike advertising videos of my own, but if you check my signature you'll see a link of DPS fine-tuning. It's a video I made to go from 90% to 100% - I see you're already 13/13, but regardless of that, the video may have a point of view you've not concidered. Not saying that is the case, but seeing as you already perform good, I think that is the most constructive I may offer apart from what already is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Leylas View Post
    Hey all, So my guild is struggling on heroic IQ and being an officer and lowest dps before burn phase has me blaming myself so I'm looking for some way to put out more damage pre phase 4. I have numerous items I can swap back and forth between if its a stat priority issue, otherwise if its a playstyle or priority issue I'd love any input that can be given. I hate the feeling that the only reason Im in raid on this fight is because I have demonic gateway so I want to push myself as hard as I can to keep up my usual A+ gameplay as I try my very best to be top 2 on every boss encounter we do.

It won't allow me to post links unfortunately.... my guilds name is plan B on Korgath, My warlocks name is Leylas. I apologize for not being able to give a direct link, as usually I just lurk on here <.< >.>
    Hey Leylas.

You probably won't like what I am about to say (as you've been destruction on all the logs I checked), but that fight is more unforgiving towards hardcasting specs like destruction than the more fluid specs like Affliction and Demonology. In phases like the storm, the shield etc, you'll suffer a lot more as destruction than you would a dot-based spec. This is all the more apparent in the final phase as your raid might not be able to move, and you'll have to stand in place with a storm debuff while a shield is preventing you from burning.

There's not really much to say here, this fight is probably the closest thing to a dummy-fight in ToT apart from Jin'rokh and Ra-Den. Just make sure you suit your burn rotations and resources around the down-times, so that you'll not be stacking on embers or cooldowns just before you enter a phase with downtime. It's just about maximizing and optimizing resource/cooldown useage I think. However, with this said, I do believe you'll find this fight a lot more enjoyable as Demonology or Affliction than Destruction.

Also, this is a capital offense as Destruction; leaving your hit rating at 14.99% may be tempting... But let me share a story with you. A fellow warlock in our raiding team figured going for the very same hit rating was a good idea. Mind you, we were neck-deep in Dark Animus progression. His role in that fight was to tank 1 Anima Golem, and he decided to open with Fel Flame on his add. That Fel Flame MISSED, and aggroed by a disc priests Atonement and proceeded to wipe the raid.

Moral of the story: get that hit cap!
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-07-21 at 11:50 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Looking for affliction advice- I am miserable because my dps is so low and I don't see anything earth shatteringly bad on WOL, it has to be something i'm simply missing or my gear level is not right yet.

WOL link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=5323&e=5800
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Shilane/simple

Should I switch to demo instead of trying to fix my affliction dps? Or should I focus on destro until I get some more gear? I appreciate the help, I don't like being the lowest dps!

Just started playing Demo and im lost my dps is super low. To make matters worse my WoL wont work.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...payne/advanced

I almost got kicked from a raid because of it. My problem was on council of elders and trying to multi dot while dodging the crap.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hi there Wzrdy. I'm sorry noone responded until now, took a little while longer than what is usual for this thread. Before I do anything at all, I'm gonna point out that your staff is unenchanted, and that is a significant DPS loss.

You're talking about a 2.5 minute duration fight, which is purely about burst. It's 2 minutes and 30 seconds, which means you can get 2 full uses of Grimoire of Service. Sacrifice may perform better for you in raids, but there is NO WAY it will come close to the madness that will be Service, especially when you're running with an inflated uptime (150 seconds total, 40 seconds Service uptime = 26% uptime, as opposed to 16.6% which is the norm for that talent).
    Furthermore, you're fully specced into Haste which will scale pretty well with your dooms and Imp Swarms, but yield very little burst damage output - which is what the duration you talk of is about.

Your itemization is very, very good (I envy you, same ilvl but almost twice your crit rating), and this is more about picking the correct grimoire and picking the correct stat prioritation for the duration and style of the encounter. I do sincerely dislike advertising videos of my own, but if you check my signature you'll see a link of DPS fine-tuning. It's a video I made to go from 90% to 100% - I see you're already 13/13, but regardless of that, the video may have a point of view you've not concidered. Not saying that is the case, but seeing as you already perform good, I think that is the most constructive I may offer apart from what already is said.
    Ah yes, sorry i just recently switched from the horridon staff to the consort's staff and i guess i forgot to enchant it. thanks for pointing that out though.
    i saw what you said about the short time duration of the sim and i tried fixing that. I simmed a 350 second fight (around 6 mins, seems average for most fights) and it gave me ~230k-240k dps.

a few weeks ago, my guild did normal clear for achievements after killing raden for the first time.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-2ugqg5t14w6addpx/ these are the logs from that run, and the durumu (i chose that one because it's the most patchwork like) fight was about 3 minutes long, and i still only did 230k.

i checked out that video you made in your sig and it seems to be outdated as far as the tool that shows you which skills you and another person use so that you can compare it, i may be wrong though.

any tips you can tell me that im doing wrong/slightly wrong that i could boost my dps a tad higher? simcraft says mastery is weighted higher than haste, does that mean that 8100 haste w/ mastery and goserv would preform better on most single target fights?

heroic runs should be on that log as well if you want to look at those as well.

the main reason i'm so concerned is because i see other warlocks around my item level doing quite a bit more dps/damage to the boss than me, and im not sure if it's clever game mechanics or me doing the fight wrong or what.
    Last edited by Wzrdy; 2013-07-25 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this thread guys.

I wanted to see if I'm doing something wrong, I've been playing destruction since the green fire quest and currently waiting on the trinket so I can switch to Demo but for right now I feel that I must be doing something wrong because my dps seems low on certain fights.

I'm currently ilvl 537 and on some fights I tend to do ok when I can make use of cleave damage but other fights were it's single target I fall way behind on the meters. I know it might have something to do with the trinket procs and making use of CB while I have the procs up but I want to see if that is my only issue thanks again guys.

I'm running Haste > Mastery > Crit

armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ckone/advanced

last nights logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/sf872j2xfgw1lg51/

Hey Guys, basically i know the specs i play, know the caps, know the rotation, or at least so i feel but i'm still wanting to get up and into the 95th percentile margine found on raidbots. So im just looking for some advice or tips of where im going wrong / can improve in order to get there. Thanks

Logs:

/guilds/146758/ ( add world of logs before for the guild calender)

/reports/rt-842hi7x78v47qngv/ (add world of logs before) (This is the most recent log)

armory

/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Crash/advanced (add us.battle.net/ before )

Crash is my characters name if it helps

I look forward to any feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Ccrraasshh View Post
    Hey Guys, basically i know the specs i play, know the caps, know the rotation, or at least so i feel but i'm still wanting to get up and into the 95th percentile margine found on raidbots. So im just looking for some advice or tips of where im going wrong / can improve in order to get there. Thanks

Logs:

/reports/rt-842hi7x78v47qngv/ (add world of logs before) (This is the most recent log)

armory

95th percentile and above goes beyond ordinary playing, and usually into the domain of padding. I wouldn't concider that great play. Case in point: you call it 'improving', not sure I agree.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    95th percentile and above goes beyond ordinary playing, and usually into the domain of padding. I wouldn't concider that great play. Case in point: you call it 'improving', not sure I agree.
    Still no reason to not try and improve my game right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've done SimCrafts thinking it's my reforging, added macros to help me play better, and I still am under performing for my gear level.
    Here's my wowhead link with the WoL parses: I can't add links, so wow-heroes.com | US | Silver Hand | Raynae will give you all you need. Sorry
    Unable to post last nights WoL of h-durumu due to this being my third MMO-C post.

Tonight I'm going to go Demo as suggested by Icy-Veins and my guild for better Ice Wall and burst damage. I'm going to record tonight's encounters to see if it's something personal that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance
    Raynae (Renee)

Logs:

armory

Quote Originally Posted by Ilthana View Post
    Tonight I'm going to go Demo as suggested by Icy-Veins and my guild for better Ice Wall and burst damage. I'm going to record tonight's encounters to see if it's something personal that I'm doing wrong.
    Destro deals a lot more dmg on the walls than Demo.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

hey im pulling average dps right now but i want to get better and to be able to get my name into the top 300 of WoL
    worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w45yjag2nbt1chau/details/7/?s=10315&e=10976
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormrage/Narsanill/advanced

anything to boost my dps will be great, help pl0x?

10+ Year Old Account

Question Affliction lock help needed!

My raid team has an affliction lock that is looking to improve his play and up his dps. Unfortunately the extent of my knowledge concerning locks is that they wear cloth and call fire from the sky so alas I cant do much to help but I'm hoping that the warlock community here is as helpful as I've found the rogue community to be.

Here are the logs from our last raid, his name is Clivendric.
    Jin'Rohk through Megaera: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-oby1uxuyuw9iyt82/
    Ji-Kun through Primordius: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0msks61y6g2no4mj/ (i doubt the primordius logs will be all that accurate, boss got face pulled while we were killing trash lol so things are a touch skewed on the kill report)

Any and all help that yall can provide to help him improve will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mát
    Prince of Ravens
    GM of The Band of the Red Hand