Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicocba View Post
    Last night I've been raiding with my warlock alt and I think I had a poor performance, I don't play a lot with this toon but I'm looking to improve my performance.

Also I've been playing affliction and switched to demo a few days ago so I'm still getting used to demonic fury management and I tend to forgot to use dark soul (I know, big dps loss here), also last night i got breath of the Hydra (LFR) like 30 mins before the raid so I didn't get much used to its proc.

Char: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Zerflin/advanced
    Log: worldoflogs.com/reports/6886vlffidbbfrqi/details/2/ (last try as affl and I think i did better)

Thanks in advance
    Any help? Or I'm just bad?

lol i hope neither one of us is just bad.

here are the logs from sunday nights raid for me, finally letting me post them

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0scgcw5pbrxev187/

and my armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...berry/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by nicocba View Post
    Any help? Or I'm just bad?
    Hi.

Looking at your log, I see numerous things that'll vastly improve your dps once you get them sorted. Luckily, these are simple things to fix.

DoTs
    Looking at your log, I see 75% ish uptime on both Doom and Corruption. Needless to say, Doom generates Imps which in turn generate fury and DPS. Every second without doom on a target is a major dps loss, and should be one of the first things you seek to fix. Corruption doesn't generate imps or nearly as much dps, but it generates a non-negligible amount of fury, which in turn lets you stay longer in meta and do more damage.

Soul Fire, Shadow Bolt and Touch of Chaos (SF, SB & ToC)
    According to the damage distribution on WoL for try #11 (the longest try), I see you did not once fire a Soul Fire. That's your primary nuke while in metamorphosis and a very efficient fury builder while outside. Since the fight you're progressing on is a multi dot fight, you're going to have vast amounts of demonic fury and molten core procs, so don't be afraid to stay in metamorphosis for extended periods. On a fight like this, Soul Fire is very likely to be among the top %s in your damage distribution list (check out this log of mine for an example). Since Shadow Bolt is building a fair amount of fury per cast, you're likely not gonna be able to get off many of these since you'll be swimming in fury and molten core procs. I'd only be casting those fairly shortly after the pull, and from that point onwards it's a rare occasion when you're not busy casting either Soul Fire from meta or caster-form but shadow bolt instead. Touch of Chaos should be used to prevent Corruption from falling off, and if you have multiple enemies stacked together with corruption on them, don't be afraid to use Void Ray (the metamorphosed version of Fel Flame) to prevent Corruption from falling off.

Hand of Gul'dan
    I'm not really sure if it is really possible to spot in WoL, but since I can't find it, I'll just ask - do you weave the hands together with Metamorphosis to give the damage buff to Shadowflame? Because that'll make a significant damage boost to shadowflame.

Immolation Aura
    You should aim to activate Immolation Aura when you have enough fury and there are adds up and you're in metamorphosis. If you're not killing Sul in time for the sand storm, that's a fine moment to activate this spell. Additionally, I'd try to keep it up every time you enter meta with procs active - it's all about pushing the benefit of the procs to the maximum, and since you're regenerating fury so fast here anyway, I wouldn't be anxious about spending it all.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-05-06 at 08:47 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hi.

Looking at your log, I see numerous things that'll vastly improve your dps once you get them sorted. Luckily, these are simple things to fix.
    First of all, thanks Alarinth for the help.

I'll try to keep an eye on DoTs

Soul fire i thought i should only use it on <25% for unlimited molten core charges, and that's why I'm not using it at all on those fights, it's good to know i should be using it instead of shadow bolt if have charges.

Hand of guldan, I always try to use the 2 charges together, 1 charge, some shadow bolt, another charge and inmediatly to meta, might have to time it better, but I think I have the basic idea idea of it

Hellfire, we didn't even got sul to empower, but I think i could use it if the bosses are stacked (malak & priestess).

I'll come back with a fresh log once i get this things fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftnberry View Post
    ok, so i understand what you're saying, but i honestly dont feel ember starved at all, except for a few fights in ToT. I try to keep RoF up on some fights, but on ones where im sitting single target, i usually focus on getting of CBs off during procs and using backdraft charges.

wish i could link you to the logs in this post, but apparently not yet. id like to see if what you're saying is revealed in the logs.
    Hi, coming back to this one. I'll go through the bosses and give you my 0.02$.

Tortos
    Looking through the kill of Tortos, I see several things that you can fix quite easily. Incinerate did way too much damage here, meaning that you cast it at the expense of other spells that could've been way more efficient. I also notice that Rain of Fire had 7% uptime, meaning your ember regen probably suffered (and aoe dps as well!). Also, you cast a total of 3 shadowburns and 0 Havocs. If you try casting a lot more havoced shadowburns to the boss in addition to using Fire and Brimstone to spread immolate on the bats and top that off with Rain of Fire, you can expect your dps to see at least a 50% increase.

Megaera
    Again Incinerate had about a 43% damage done and Rain of Fire had a 6.5 SECONDS uptime. You have the tools to have Rain of Fire at at least 80% uptime, and that should do wonders for your ember regeneration (I know your ember regeneration is slow, because neither rain of fire nor immolate had a good uptime) which in turn will let you cast more chaos bolts. As it is now, you have the tools to dominate the meters, you're just not using them. Rain of Fire and Immolate uptime on both heads through Havoc is a good place to start. And notice that you're not using havoc for the sake of damaging the other head, but to gain more embers through immolate crits.

I was about to go through the rest of the fights in the log, but I see that this is the root of your problems. If you can cast rain of fire much, MUCH, much more frequently and keep it up for at least 75% of the fight, you should see wonders in terms of ember regeneration, and that'll allow you to cast much more chaos bolts.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

thanks for the help, ill see how it works out tonight.

Hello so I recently returned to WoW and have been introduced to SimCraft today. I have been using it and so far, with my current gear.........

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yrene/advanced

(Please note, the unenchanted/maybe wrongly gemmed/reforges are due to me just not getting to it yet as I am getting new pieces left and right)

Anyways, Simcraft first told me, on a Patchwork fight, to go with Haste right now for Demo. I ran it again when I got a small upgrade, but also adding Crit into the Simcraft, and it told me that Crit was then my highest Scale Factor while Haste was now in 3rd place.. so no idea what changed.. but bottom line. Disregarding my bad pieces of gear such as the pvp pieces, bad trinket etc, For going Demo/Destro, mostly playing Demo, what stat should I go for? I am SO confused with all the guides I see since they all say different things, and most are talking about higher ilevels.. where as newly geared players such as myself are sort of stuck on what to reforge..

Anyways, hopefully someone here can help me out. I might start raiding normals next week if I can use my 6 Mogu Runes well tomorrow and get some more pieces with my Elder Charms, so I want to be as best reforged as possible so I can pull decent numbers as I will be behind as it is with gear.

Thanks.

ALSO, I will be starting ToT lfr tomorrow and will log every fight. Obviously I do not expect someone here to look over 12 bosses for me as I will probably look at them and check for the most noticeable things, but may post a few that I am stuck on. I will have my gear all enchanted and HOPEFULLY properly reforged before I go in. Will be in Demo.

Hey there!

I'm a destro warlock and i was hoping you guys could give me some advice as to what im doing wrong/right.

Link to my guild's recent parses: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-exspw85vxn54xqn5/

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkrotic/simple

There seems to be some debate as to what stats are the best for destro locks. I've heard from a few different sources that our priority is (int > hit cap > haste = mastery > crit) and i've read here on your forum that (int > hit cap > haste = crit > mastery) is better. In the midst of all this information i've just stacked a lot of haste and my mastery and crit values have sort of leveled out which is something i feel like i need to change but i'm not sure which priority system to commit to.

Hopefully you guys can give me some guidance here because i would love to correct my mistakes! (if there are any =D)

Thanks again!

-- Nekkrotic

Quote Originally Posted by Nekkrotic View Post
    Hey there!

I'm a destro warlock and i was hoping you guys could give me some advice as to what im doing wrong/right.

Link to my guild's recent parses: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-exspw85vxn54xqn5/

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kkrotic/simple

There seems to be some debate as to what stats are the best for destro locks. I've heard from a few different sources that our priority is (int > hit cap > haste = mastery > crit) and i've read here on your forum that (int > hit cap > haste = crit > mastery) is better. In the midst of all this information i've just stacked a lot of haste and my mastery and crit values have sort of leveled out which is something i feel like i need to change but i'm not sure which priority system to commit to.

Hopefully you guys can give me some guidance here because i would love to correct my mistakes! (if there are any =D)

Thanks again!

-- Nekkrotic
    Hi.

Rain of Fire and Embers
    Looking at your log from the Jin'rokh kill, I see that you cast Rain of Fire 5 times. That's a quite low uptime (11%), and making that higher would yield you more embers to spend. Due to the nature of the fight, I'd suggest you to try and build 30+ embers before entering the Fluidity pools so that you can make the best use of it from the get-go. Also, while you are in the pools with embers, keep a 100% uptime on Rain of Fire for the entire pool duration, so that you will have ember return at the highest state possible for that duration. If your haste is low (I'd say below 5400 rating), you will have difficulties keeping Rain of Fire up all the time, so you'll have to set a threshold for when you can cast it. When I was in 502 ilvl, I kept this threshold at 65% of my mana if I had no haste buffs, and 50% if I had some minor ones - obviously you can set this even lower during bloodlust. Remember, it's all about fueling those chaosbolts and shadowburns.

Stat Weighs
    Regarding your question about stat weighs, the reason you see so much different information on these forums is becaues the stat weighs change according to your playstyle. If you're a player who always reacts perfectly to your buffs and try to fill them with chaos bolts, obviously mastery will be in your favor. However, some people simply don't play that style optimally, and for those you may be better off with crit as the secondary stat after haste. Also, if you have the UVLS trinket, crit will be devalued for you, and haste even more valuable. This is because you'll almost always be able to fill an immolate into the UVLS window, which will grant you a highly increased ember regeneration rate for the duration of said immolate.

CDs and Procs
    Looking at the combat duration (03:55), mathemathically you'll be able to fill 2 Dark Souls in that duration. However, looking at your log, I only see one. Synapse Springs has a 1 minute cooldown and 10 second duration, which should have put you at 30s total uptime, but you only used it twice. The important thing to remember about active procs like that is that it is only good if you're able to use it consistently. Whenever you start dropping in up-time on such effects, you effectively reduce the value of that proc. Let me break this down into a brutally honest piece of math.

1920 intellect for 10 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown is equal to 16,67% uptime given that the time measured is in whole minutes. If you use it constantly on CD, it'll keep that % uptime, and you can say that it's average passive intellect gained is 320, equal to any other profession (because 1920 divided by 6 is 320).
    HOWEVER, when you cast it 2 times in a fight lasting almost 4 minutes (8.4% uptime), you cut the effect in half, reducing their passive gain from 320 to 160. That's the equivalent of picking Enchanting and only using one ring enchant instead of two. I know that this is an unfair comparison for a destruction warlock, given that most of our damage comes from Chaos Bolts during short windows of burst. However, this is where you can make a big improvement. If you can improve your planning of ember useage, you'll be able to give it a better uptime and make better use of it. For instance, when you see it has 10s left of the CD, you better start planning your mana and next spells cast, because you cannot afford to go OOM at this point - that would force you to cast a chaos bolt, which would mean you'd not be able to pack that bolt into the Synapse Strings instead.
    And this is the way you gotta think for all of your procs, not just synapse strings - every second you delay their on-use effect, you effectively diminish their total effect.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    Hello so I recently returned to WoW and have been introduced to SimCraft today. I have been using it and so far, with my current gear.........

(Please note, the unenchanted/maybe wrongly gemmed/reforges are due to me just not getting to it yet as I am getting new pieces left and right)

Anyways, Simcraft first told me, on a Patchwork fight, to go with Haste right now for Demo. I ran it again when I got a small upgrade, but also adding Crit into the Simcraft, and it told me that Crit was then my highest Scale Factor while Haste was now in 3rd place.. so no idea what changed.. but bottom line. Disregarding my bad pieces of gear such as the pvp pieces, bad trinket etc, For going Demo/Destro, mostly playing Demo, what stat should I go for? I am SO confused with all the guides I see since they all say different things, and most are talking about higher ilevels.. where as newly geared players such as myself are sort of stuck on what to reforge..

Anyways, hopefully someone here can help me out. I might start raiding normals next week if I can use my 6 Mogu Runes well tomorrow and get some more pieces with my Elder Charms, so I want to be as best reforged as possible so I can pull decent numbers as I will be behind as it is with gear.

Thanks.

ALSO, I will be starting ToT lfr tomorrow and will log every fight. Obviously I do not expect someone here to look over 12 bosses for me as I will probably look at them and check for the most noticeable things, but may post a few that I am stuck on. I will have my gear all enchanted and HOPEFULLY properly reforged before I go in. Will be in Demo.

The main reason I can think of Haste dropping so much with a few gear upgrades is that you have gone over a haste breakpoint which has added a tick to one of your spells. Your armory link was faulty and I can't say for sure which breakpoint you might have hit. Most demonology warlocks are currently gearing for 8097 haste and then full mastery which gives you 1 extra tick of Doom during bloodlust as well as the much more important extra shadowflame tick. As I am unable to see your gear but you say you are going into ToT LFR, I assume you are about 480 ilv. At this stage with no RPPM trinkets, haste is a fairly weak stat and will give low returns unless near a haste breakpoint.

My recomendations is to do a sim which scales haste,crit and mastery as you have already done. In addition I suggest doing a Plot of haste over a fairly large range (multiply the dropdown numbers you select in plot tab together to get the total range of the graph). This will give you A: A set of scale factors for your current gear indicating what to gem/enchant IF your gear is currently unechanted/gemmed and B: the graph from the Plot option will show you (if there is a big jump from a somewhat straight line) if you have a haste breakpoint in the vicinity of your current haste. If there is such a breakpoint within reach by reforging/gemming, a reforge plot will help you find the optimal reforge by ticking haste and your highest stat weight and simulating this seperately. If you are unfamiliar with how reforge plots and plots work in simcraft, I suggest finding a tutorial on simcraft on youtube, this is one I have made which delves more into the basics of simcraft and skims briefly over what the plots look like and simple options: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxg2P...eature=mh_lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Alarinth View Post
    Hi.

Rain of Fire and Embers
    Looking at your log from the Jin'rokh kill, I see that you cast Rain of Fire 5 times. That's a quite low uptime (11%), and making that higher would yield you more embers to spend. Due to the nature of the fight, I'd suggest you to try and build 30+ embers before entering the Fluidity pools so that you can make the best use of it from the get-go. Also, while you are in the pools with embers, keep a 100% uptime on Rain of Fire for the entire pool duration, so that you will have ember return at the highest state possible for that duration. If your haste is low (I'd say below 5400 rating), you will have difficulties keeping Rain of Fire up all the time, so you'll have to set a threshold for when you can cast it. When I was in 502 ilvl, I kept this threshold at 65% of my mana if I had no haste buffs, and 50% if I had some minor ones - obviously you can set this even lower during bloodlust. Remember, it's all about fueling those chaosbolts and shadowburns.

Stat Weighs
    Regarding your question about stat weighs, the reason you see so much different information on these forums is becaues the stat weighs change according to your playstyle. If you're a player who always reacts perfectly to your buffs and try to fill them with chaos bolts, obviously mastery will be in your favor. However, some people simply don't play that style optimally, and for those you may be better off with crit as the secondary stat after haste. Also, if you have the UVLS trinket, crit will be devalued for you, and haste even more valuable. This is because you'll almost always be able to fill an immolate into the UVLS window, which will grant you a highly increased ember regeneration rate for the duration of said immolate.

CDs and Procs
    Looking at the combat duration (03:55), mathemathically you'll be able to fill 2 Dark Souls in that duration. However, looking at your log, I only see one. Synapse Springs has a 1 minute cooldown and 10 second duration, which should have put you at 30s total uptime, but you only used it twice. The important thing to remember about active procs like that is that it is only good if you're able to use it consistently. Whenever you start dropping in up-time on such effects, you effectively reduce the value of that proc. Let me break this down into a brutally honest piece of math.

1920 intellect for 10 seconds with a 1 minute cooldown is equal to 16,67% uptime given that the time measured is in whole minutes. If you use it constantly on CD, it'll keep that % uptime, and you can say that it's average passive intellect gained is 320, equal to any other profession (because 1920 divided by 6 is 320).
    HOWEVER, when you cast it 2 times in a fight lasting almost 4 minutes (8.4% uptime), you cut the effect in half, reducing their passive gain from 320 to 160. That's the equivalent of picking Enchanting and only using one ring enchant instead of two. I know that this is an unfair comparison for a destruction warlock, given that most of our damage comes from Chaos Bolts during short windows of burst. However, this is where you can make a big improvement. If you can improve your planning of ember useage, you'll be able to give it a better uptime and make better use of it. For instance, when you see it has 10s left of the CD, you better start planning your mana and next spells cast, because you cannot afford to go OOM at this point - that would force you to cast a chaos bolt, which would mean you'd not be able to pack that bolt into the Synapse Strings instead.
    And this is the way you gotta think for all of your procs, not just synapse strings - every second you delay their on-use effect, you effectively diminish their total effect.
    Thanks for the help!

About the Jin'rokh encounter you mentioned, i actually died soon after the first puddle so my RoF up-time was abnormally low compared to normal =P. But i didn't realize the importance of keeping it up and i didn't understand how haste affected it. I now have a little over 10k haste so im still sitting pretty high. i also didn't realize that casting immo while my UVLS trink was procced would give me the amount of embers that i had back. Is it more important to put a immo dot up with this buff or get off a chaos bolt? because normally i try and fit a chaos bolt in during the proc to get the bigger crit.

I will also make sure to keep my synapse springs on cd. I never really looked at it the way you explained it and it seem to make more sense the way you put it. Again, thanks for the help and awesome thread you got going here. I really like how personalized the advice is.

Best,
    Nekkrotic

So I am starting ToT normals tonight and am going to most likely be playing Demo. I have a few fight specific questions and would also love some tips on the other 5 or so first bosses of the raid. My armory is below.

For example, on Jin'Rok, Should I be saving my Dark Soul for when the pools form? Or use it off cooldown?

On Horridon, do I keep Horridon dotted with Corruption/Doom and also have those dots on all adds and attempt to keep them up?

Same goes for Council? Keep Coruption/Doom on all targets? When I was doing LFR on this fight, it seemed like trying to keep Corruption up on all targets was both tough and a dps loss since the damage can be quite low and I have not mastered keeping dots up permanently with the dots being buffed with Dark Soul etc etc.

Any more tips on bosses would be lovely! And if there is a Boss Guide somewhere specifically for Demo, I would love a link! As I have no time today to really go searching for one. Thanks!

nvm.
    10char
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-05-10 at 11:30 PM.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Would love some experienced warlock advice.

Hey guys, I'm new to posting on mmo, been a lurker for years. lol I recently made the switch from a healer to a warlock for this expansion. Last tier I was affliction and not doing bad cause it was OP. But I went destro for the beginning of ToT and was just wondering if you guys would take a look at my logs and tell me if I'm doing things correct and give me some tips on how to improve. I use all the sites and guides I can but I feel if I can get some actual advice for me I'll be able to get some grounding on what needs to be fixed.

http www worldoflogs com guilds 74936(guild is thepanicattacks)

Specifically 7-05 to 9-05. Please and thank you in advance!

Also, this is my armory---http us battle net wow en character stormreaver Kutroz simple

Had to space it since I cant post links. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by kutroz View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to posting on mmo, been a lurker for years. lol I recently made the switch from a healer to a warlock for this expansion. Last tier I was affliction and not doing bad cause it was OP. But I went destro for the beginning of ToT and was just wondering if you guys would take a look at my logs and tell me if I'm doing things correct and give me some tips on how to improve. I use all the sites and guides I can but I feel if I can get some actual advice for me I'll be able to get some grounding on what needs to be fixed.

Also, this is my armory---http us battle net wow en character stormreaver Kutroz simple

Hi!

As a fellow lock, and one who has played the class since the dawn of WoW, my general advice would be to lay of the logs. Yes, they do give a nice hint of what you can expect, but they are never the absolute truth about what you can push out in forms of dps, since no fights are pure tank n spank with no moving or downtime. They however provide a nice hint of what you can expect and aim for, but dont use them as gospel.
    2nd i can always recommend ice-veins.com, due to lot of hard work has gone into their Destro guide, and my best tip would be to pratice the rotation on a dummy, and make sure you aim for the right stats depending on your spec. A few addons can always help, my tip would be "Eventhorizon" since it can help you time some cooldowns, and "Rainbowprocs" since it can show you when to dump CB´s with full procs etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going by your Jin'Rokh kill everything looks fine in what your using. RoF uptime is a little low but a lot of ppl have problems keeping it up. Main question would be is how you're handling embers. You should be keeping 3+ and chaosbolting when u get close to 4 and Dumping out ~7 when darksoul popped with your 2 set gemming looks fine (although my general rule is unless the socket bonus is more than double the into u get from a gem dont get it unless your hurting on hit).

Looking at Tortos(one of my favs) Needs moar havoc. I use a focus havoc macro and just keep Tortos focused and cast it on CD. and just to be picky i dont see potions on either fight. Without seeing you or knowing what exactly you feel you have problems with i cant give much advice from the logs and armory alone you look fine but your dps is kinda low from my PoV just seems like a practice thing.

Here are his links for ppl too lazy to remove spaces:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...utroz/advanced
    http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/74936/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kutroz View Post

Welcome to posting on the forums. We have a thread especially for help with your DPS, I've moved your thread there. Next time please look for a place to post your question before making a new thread.

Trying to figure out how to improve our destruction warlock's dps H-Tort

Hey guys. I literally have no idea about Warlock, so I'm hoping you can help me and my guild a bit. We're on Heroic Tortos and I feel our Warlock's DPS is low (in general I feel it low, but more specifically on this fight). Here is the logs from tonight:

Warlock Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...chont/advanced
    Overall raid - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...ses&boss=67977
    Lock specific - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/o...pes&boss=67977

Just trying to find out what he needs to do to improve. At 521 I feel its just way to low. If you need to reference any other fights for him you can look back on our other fights. Thanks for any suggestions you guys can make.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    Hey guys. I literally have no idea about Warlock, so I'm hoping you can help me and my guild a bit. We're on Heroic Tortos and I feel our Warlock's DPS is low (in general I feel it low, but more specifically on this fight). Here is the logs from tonight:

Just trying to find out what he needs to do to improve. At 521 I feel its just way to low. If you need to reference any other fights for him you can look back on our other fights. Thanks for any suggestions you guys can make.
    It seems he is assigned to kill Whirl Turtles. 5 Chaos Bolts in 2:28 min (like try #8) are waaaaaaay to few. To kill the turtles as quick as possible he should Rain of Fire the bats, FnB Immolate the bats and after that, with nearly unlimited embers, he can spam Chaos Bolt on the turtles.

He also never uses Havoc to cleave either Tortos or Whirl Turtles.

There are some other things he has to work on but more Chaos Bolts and using Havoc should greatly improve his dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRidi View Post
    It seems he is assigned to kill Whirl Turtles. 5 Chaos Bolts in 2:28 min (like try #8) are waaaaaaay to few. To kill the turtles as quick as possible he should Rain of Fire the bats, FnB Immolate the bats and after that, with nearly unlimited embers, he can spam Chaos Bolt on the turtles.

He also never uses Havoc to cleave either Tortos or Whirl Turtles.

There are some other things he has to work on but more Chaos Bolts and using Havoc should greatly improve his dmg.
    Okay thanks, I'll have a talk with him. Would it be better to assign him to the bats? I thought that destruction lock aoe was redic (because he does a lot on Primordius) but when I suggested that he be put on bats full time he thought it was a bad idea.

Thanks again!