Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohkra View Post
    Ok, I'll try this again. I think I have it (WoL) on just me rather than the whole guild this time so someone will know who to look for (Tohkra). I am trying to figure out why in 5.4 my DPS has dropped like a rock, I have not changed up my rotation, and at the start of the fight I am breaking well over 200k more often than not but then as the fight does on I am down to almost 100k? I have tried going between aff & destro and see very little difference, and I know I am not carrying enough haste for aff but it really is my preferd spc, so any advice?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...9kz/details/7/
    your dot uptimes are low for aff, considering it's on normal difficulty.

Immerseus: 59% UA, 83% BoA, 63% Corr. MG usage is low aswell - 27%. Seed of Corruption, why are you using this on normal difficulty ? no matter if small adds are clumped up together, just SB:SS each one of them first, you'll get better dps by doing that than SoC-ing ( also, if there are not 3+ of them in 1 place, the SoC is wasted compared to SB:SS). Drain Soul the adds on how HP = more shards to do more stuff with them.
    Alternatively, if you don't have a shard ready for phase intermissions ( you should, since you DS <20% every time the boss gets in that phase, or are you?) just hardcast ua,boa,corr and SS these from the target add to the next one and so on, DS the last add for full shards, win.

Protectors: 82% UA, 92% BoA, 90% Corr. There is no way you can't shine on this fight, even if it's on normal difficulty. Keep dots rolling on every target possible at any given point in time and it's an auto-win ( means the dot uptimes should be over 98% here).
    try this at pull: pre-pot, SB:SS 1 add, MG until close to 10 stacks of BoA ( all int procs should have happened by now), DS, SB:SS again, SS these dots onto the other 2 targets ( get a mouseover macro or just tab-target for this), haunt the 1st add, MG until major CDs are about to fall off, SB:SS the 1st add, copy dots onto 2nd and 3rd, MG and keep dots rolling on all 3 all thoughout the fight. At phase intermissions, keep dots on all targets - 5 @ Rook's ( 3 despairs, He, Sun), keep dots on 4 @ Sun's ( 2 despairs, Rook, He), and so on.

hope this helps a bit.

Hi!

I did post this on page before, but didn't actually get a proper answer or any tips / help - specially for Single Target DPS, so just done a little copy / paste work to see if I can grab some more advice

Our Warlock was demo for the most part and the nerf to it hit her hard. She has recently changed over to destro and I know shes willing to try her best to improve her dps which was once number 1 by miles to now low-mid of the pack of our DPS'ers, so I can only know how frustrating something like this can be and to change your spec to try and improve your dps once again for heroics. I haven't mentioned her DPS to her yet, as I don't want to hurt her feelings in any way as shes always been willing to learn and to play at her best possible so I'm just trying to grab some tips I can give to her to help her improve faster.. In terms of mechanics and stuff, she is one of the best - just needs her dps again to back her up!

These are our logs - http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/271528/

I've done it so you can choose which bosses you'd like to look up more and hopefully I can receive some helpful points I can give to her, please keep in mind that she hasn't had much practice with this spec so is relatively new to it!

Tips for both Multi-Dot and Single Target fights would be most appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    your dot uptimes are low for aff, considering it's on normal difficulty.

Immerseus: 59% UA, 83% BoA, 63% Corr. MG usage is low aswell - 27%. Seed of Corruption, why are you using this on normal difficulty ? no matter if small adds are clumped up together, just SB:SS each one of them first, you'll get better dps by doing that than SoC-ing ( also, if there are not 3+ of them in 1 place, the SoC is wasted compared to SB:SS). Drain Soul the adds on how HP = more shards to do more stuff with them.
    Alternatively, if you don't have a shard ready for phase intermissions ( you should, since you DS <20% every time the boss gets in that phase, or are you?) just hardcast ua,boa,corr and SS these from the target add to the next one and so on, DS the last add for full shards, win.

Protectors: 82% UA, 92% BoA, 90% Corr. There is no way you can't shine on this fight, even if it's on normal difficulty. Keep dots rolling on every target possible at any given point in time and it's an auto-win ( means the dot uptimes should be over 98% here).
    try this at pull: pre-pot, SB:SS 1 add, MG until close to 10 stacks of BoA ( all int procs should have happened by now), DS, SB:SS again, SS these dots onto the other 2 targets ( get a mouseover macro or just tab-target for this), haunt the 1st add, MG until major CDs are about to fall off, SB:SS the 1st add, copy dots onto 2nd and 3rd, MG and keep dots rolling on all 3 all thoughout the fight. At phase intermissions, keep dots on all targets - 5 @ Rook's ( 3 despairs, He, Sun), keep dots on 4 @ Sun's ( 2 despairs, Rook, He), and so on.

hope this helps a bit.
    Yes, Thank you! Yes I was DS as he hits <20%. I need to re do my UI for some reason it's taking longer to SS than it should hence why I used SoC. But what I am not getting is why my uptime is so low, I am running both Affdots and Nugrunning for timers (I prefer nug for watching multiples). I'll check with some mouse overs but I am missing something because yeah....I need help.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tohkra View Post
    Yes, Thank you! Yes I was DS as he hits <20%. I need to re do my UI for some reason it's taking longer to SS than it should hence why I used SoC. But what I am not getting is why my uptime is so low, I am running both Affdots and Nugrunning for timers (I prefer nug for watching multiples). I'll check with some mouse overs but I am missing something because yeah....I need help.
    try running tidyplates for multitarget purposes + shadowed unit frames ( these add a bossframe for each encounter, making it easier to track dots on multiple target fights, like protectors)

Looking for some help on what I can do better on my Warlock. Here are the logs for Malkorok and Thok ( 1st Kill ). I use KJC because I find really hard to make good use of AD since I'm in the role of telling people where to go on Malkorok and the one calling out raid CD's on Thok. KJC allows me to focus more on the encounter mechanics and make mistakes than AD.

That said, I still feel like my DPS should be higher, but I'm not exactly sure what mistakes I am making. I have AffDots and WeakAuras to watch my procs and I try to react accordingly. We had a very good attempts at Blackfuse today and we should be able to down him tomorrow, so I have to fix the mistakes that I've been making to smooth out progression on Klaxxi and Garrosh, just not sure what those mistakes are.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Rhodianni

for Malkorok you should use area markers after each of his 3 aoe's and let know people before-hand they should not be in the direction of the marks once the 3rd is put down, since breath is going to hit there. for the stack-up phase, the people with debuffs need to make sure they're out of the group when the debuff expires, otherwise poof, you're dead.
    hence, not THAT much to talk about if you do it with common sensed people = you can focus on something else, like dot uptimes. for such a static fight, every dot should be over 99%, whereas you're at 97, 93.3 and 96. if you say you're using affdots to refresh @ procs, you should be good at doing that properly.

for Thok, idk really, more dot uptimes again ? and try to shift healing responsibility/CDs to a healer i'd say. alternatively, if you still wish to coordinate those, setup your mic/headset for detection when you speak ( i.e. not a push-to-talk button like I am, used to coordinate people like that, it gets hectic do to stuff properly if you're pressing another button just to talk).

that said, good luck on Klaxxi and Garrosh!

Deleted
    Hello there fellow mmo mates!
    This is not the typical fix my dps thread, since i know basics, but here goes;

Alright so im playing destruction on Malkorok and we are progressing on hc atm. Struggling with alot of movement combined with learning to avoid orbs (struggling ALOT)

Basicly i would like tips on anything you see, that im doing wrong. Since we didnt actually kill him yet (10% wipe) i want to know anything that can help out, as it seems dps is our issue atm. Below is a link to my armory, the closest kill attempt on hc, and the normal kill.

Armory:

Logs from;

Malk hc: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=8760&e=9088

Malk norm kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...s=9905&e=10082

Thx in advance!

Hey guys. Here is my parse for norushen last week. Needing some real help. Trying to max my character and start playing with the big boys
    However I just made this account for this purpose and wont let me post links.. ADMIN HELP>>?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

KK i am posting a few times?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanjn87 View Post
    Hey guys. Here is my parse for norushen last week. Needing some real help. Trying to max my character and start playing with the big boys
    However I just made this account for this purpose and wont let me post links.. ADMIN HELP>>?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

KK i am posting a few times?
    You gotta contribute before u can recieve help man.. jesus

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Dreamhax

How is dps your issue atm ? You have not gotten to the enrage once, hence it might be how you apply tactics that your group is struggling with.

As for tips, spec KJC + cast incin when you have to move = minimise DPS loss at the cost of a DS charge, since it's a fight where you move a lot, compared to others.

Other than that, cleave with shadowburn more instead of CB maybe ? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=8760&e=9088 10 CB crits vs 8 shadowburns, out of the 10 CBs I don't know if any are cleaved or you just cast one to kill the add asap, also, if the 8 SBs were used while cleaving or not, I have no idea ( mind you these numbers are for all the living corr. adds = damage from both you and your fellow lock raider, split that in 2 = 5 CB + 4 SBs assuming all are cleaved for.. how many adds are there in 10m anyway ? 25m raider here). still, I think you can improve by cleaving more with SB and maybe RoF more ? you do not RoF at all, while your colleague might be RoF-ing too much.

There are a total of 13 hits from RoF on the adds and a total of 74 hits on Malk, out of which none are yours. I might not be a destro expert, but RoF usage is still advised to be used on single target under high haste situations only and on multitarget ( when an add reaches melee) I don't see why you don't use it at all, it's not about the damage it does, but the ember generation from hitting 2 targets at once, resulting in (doh) more embers -> more CBs to be cast.

went through the logs a bit more, you used Havoc 5 times while your colleague did it 7 times, if you want to improve, considering cleaving more with this, preferably with SB more than with CB.

that said, gl on him, I have no more ideas.
    Last edited by Vexeer; 2013-10-29 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexeer View Post
    @Dreamhax

How is dps your issue atm ? You have not gotten to the enrage once, hence it might be how you apply tactics that your group is struggling with.

As for tips, spec KJC + cast incin when you have to move = minimise DPS loss at the cost of a DS charge, since it's a fight where you move a lot, compared to others.

Other than that, cleave with shadowburn more instead of CB maybe ? http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3...?s=8760&e=9088 10 CB crits vs 8 shadowburns, out of the 10 CBs I don't know if any are cleaved or you just cast one to kill the add asap, also, if the 8 SBs were used while cleaving or not, I have no idea ( mind you these numbers are for all the living corr. adds = damage from both you and your fellow lock raider, split that in 2 = 5 CB + 4 SBs assuming all are cleaved for.. how many adds are there in 10m anyway ? 25m raider here). still, I think you can improve by cleaving more with SB and maybe RoF more ? you do not RoF at all, while your colleague might be RoF-ing too much.

There are a total of 13 hits from RoF on the adds and a total of 74 hits on Malk, out of which none are yours. I might not be a destro expert, but RoF usage is still advised to be used on single target under high haste situations only and on multitarget ( when an add reaches melee) I don't see why you don't use it at all, it's not about the damage it does, but the ember generation from hitting 2 targets at once, resulting in (doh) more embers -> more CBs to be cast.

went through the logs a bit more, you used Havoc 5 times while your colleague did it 7 times, if you want to improve, considering cleaving more with this, preferably with SB more than with CB.

that said, gl on him, I have no more ideas.
    Really good tips! The issue with SB is that the mob simply dies too fast.. there spawns 1 mob on 1 man every rougly 15 secs so we both havoc+cb the first add, cb the 2nd.

But yeah when the mob is below 20% theres 500k left of it (i think) 3-3,5m hp is the mob in total so its either me or him who gets a SB off on the mob, we gotta be lucky to get it both of us.

Rof was i not even considering, pretty focused on everything else, but ill definently use that when meta/bl is up and when the add reaches melee.

Again thx, much appriciated.

Edit: The reason dps is our issue is that we "cheese" it by 1 tanking the Blood Rage and using most raid cds i the first Bloodrage phase hence we dont have anything if we reach the Blood Rage phase once more. If all dps'ers do 275k on average we'll reach that timer.

Our 10% wipe was @ 5:28 which is around that time he should be dead.
    Last edited by mmoc4f97a785e0; 2013-10-29 at 10:30 AM.

@Dream

One thing that I found really helpful this week is actually to take AD instead of KJC and, even though it sounds bad, never worry about movement except for Implosions and moving for Arcing Smash/Breath.

You can safely soak the orbs just fine if you take GoSac + Soul Link + Soul Leech. This will give you about a ~150K shield on you, which I believe is the amount of damage that the orbs do anyway, so you while your shield gets knocked off, you won't take any damage. Outside of the first few seconds of a Phase 1 and Blood Rage, the healing is actually not too bad for this and you can only get screwed if your shield gets knocked off before a Seismic Slam.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-49...=11672&e=11983
    Logged pretty well doing this last week, and I definitely could have had better havocs/Sburns.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Ragnarokex/
    hello my fellow Warlocks
    i play as Destro and i am 534 at the moment
    most of my gear is LFR and i am loose dps on fights
    i do lot's of tests on Raid Dummy. my dps start good and then fall down to low and i can't bring it back
    My Start Rotation i test 2 Stat Rotation
    Pot/Precast Immolate
    (Doomguard
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Dark Soul/On-Use Int
    Incinerate
    Incinerate
    Incinerate
    Incinerate
    Chaos Bolt
    Immolate
    Incinerate to 2 Embers
    Chaos Bolt
    My second Start Rotation
    Pot
    Dark Soul
    Chaos Bolt
    Cue
    Conflag
    Conflag
    Incinerate
    this point some time my tinkert pross up and i do one more Chaos Bolt
    and then after i start to cap Embers to 3.5 and cast Chaos Bolt if i don't get trinket procs
    keeping Immolate up refresh it when it remain 5 seconds or when i see useing the addon affdot that it will get more i refresh it
    i use addons to track my trinket procs
    still i start good and do nice dps on start but it fail down very fast and i can't mange to get it back like i start with 200-300k and fail down to 130-140
    is that ok for my gear and Rotation/
    I read all the guides mmo icey vens still can't find my problem.

* i got this [Leggings of the Horned Nightmare] and i use [Leggings of the Night Sky]
    should i use Leggings of the Horned Nightmare?

Please Help

Thank you So much

Deleted
    Yotam regarding ur opener;
    just saw real quick u can squize in more dmg by fitting in an incinerate before you immolate (incinerate beeing in the air)

Also i would suggest you to use cds before the double conflags for more ember regen (and possibly more cbs within ur DS)

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/voljin/Xkos/advanced
    Hi everyone, i need your help, i don't understand why since the beginning of 5.4 i under-dps all fight.
    Here is my logs on Malkorok 10 HC, With overall the same stuff
    First on Afflock : worldoflogs.com/reports/2rubkoj77aq215fu/sum/damageDone/?s=9080&e=9387
    Second on Destro : worldoflogs.com/reports/wpa5iizbbrfzejjj/sum/damageDone/?s=4442&e=4715

On first Fight, as you can see, i'm behind the off-tank ... i played this fight with UVLS and 11% Hit
    On Second fight, i'm (very) far behind the first dps.

Deleted
    Hi there,

We have a warlock in our team who's dps is significantly lower (on average about half that of the other lowest dps). He is struggling to identify areas for him to improve upon and as far as we can see as a guild it isn't a gear issue. Any help would be appreciated/ advice/ criticism, thanks!

Please find logs here from the past few months using this warlock: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/277259/
    The armory of the char in question is: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...t/Tenra/simple

Deleted
    Hey guys, hope u can help. I am not a warlock but one of my guildies is and as i ve not played my warlock since vanilla its hard to give constructive critizism.

wol link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...=11496&e=11988
    wol link: other raid day with thok where he had massive problems, hunter miles ahead and only 4 ilvl better gear O.o http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...ses&boss=71529
    armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rthas/advanced

he plays destro almost exclusively but we (the other raid members feel) he should do way more dmg than he does but stuff like "u suck" probably doesnt help him too much. any tipps would be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by mmoc14773dad0e; 2013-11-06 at 10:03 AM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...pes&boss=71504

Would appreciate any feedback on our warlock's performance. She's a good player who stays out of bad stuff and copes well with mechanics, but I don't know if she could be doing much better dps.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/t...pes&boss=71504

Would appreciate any feedback on our warlock's performance. She's a good player who stays out of bad stuff and copes well with mechanics, but I don't know if she could be doing much better dps.

Thanks!
    Her DPS isn't awful, but it would help if she could get used to Destruction especially going into heroics and Garrosh. Her DoT and Haunt uptimes though are excellent as Affliction, but she could be using Soulburn: Soul Swap more often to refresh DoTs with multiple procs.

There are 4 main procs/buffs she should be watching - Dark Soul/PBI/KTT/Meta gem and lust also. My general rule of thumb is that I have 3 or more of those up, I almost always SB:SS to get my DoTs to maximum or close to maximum duration, and will do it with 2 of those buffs up if I have 2 or more shards. This will make her DoTs more powerful which nearly every damaging ability for Affliction relies off of the strength of the current DoTs.

Final piece of advice is for her to get used to using Archimonde's Vengeance over KJC. Choosing when to activate Dark Soul and also gaining an extra Dark Soul is huge for Affliction since you can time it when your other procs come up. This change alone should help her DPS by ~10%. There's really not a whole lot of movement in normals and it's perfectly fine to eat some non-fatal damage as a warlock sometimes if it means finishing an important cast.

So 3 main things: 1) She has really good uptimes, but management of refreshing DoTs during procs is key. SB:SS during times of multiple procs. Make sure she has Affdots addon. 2) Archimonde's Vengeance > KJC for practically every fight. 3) Get a Destro spec - it will help on Garrosh and heroics.

Deleted
    For starters, I don't feel that my DPS is terrible, but I do feel like I could be doing a fair bit more.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2ya4l3nksuv0j176/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oathe/advanced

I don't know what else I can add. Rip me a new one!