Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    It matters, but not at something as low as 200 latency. As long as he's spamming whatever spell he wants to cast, 200 latency is going to have basically 0 DPS loss.
    This really isn't true, for several reasons.

The most glaring is that spell queuing only prevents there being a delay between every cast, it does NOT help (and in some cases, actually hurts) your ability to respond to procs. This is especially important with Lava Surge. And yes, 200ms is easily in the range you'd see that; I moved servers at one point after the introduction of spell queuing, and just by changing servers my DPS went up about 5%, consistently. That was going from ~120ms to ~45ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

The most glaring is that spell queuing only prevents there being a delay between every cast, it does NOT help (and in some cases, actually hurts) your ability to respond to procs. This is especially important with Lava Surge. And yes, 200ms is easily in the range you'd see that; I moved servers at one point after the introduction of spell queuing, and just by changing servers my DPS went up about 5%, consistently. That was going from ~120ms to ~45ms.
    Well, yes, that's true. I hadn't thought of that. I still don't think that 200 latency would mean the difference between seeing the appropriate ~14% increase he should see on the PTR and seeing a loss in DPS like he did.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

I dont think the 200ms change would be a 14% difference unless he was just missing LS procs like crazy. But still the 5 min test that was done would not be sufficient enough to warrant panic as of yet lol

@ Endus ..... Where do you think ele will stand come 5.2? I was able to go back to my shaman for this patch and need an offspec. Is enhance really that much ahead of ele?

Quote Originally Posted by Purenight View Post
    @ Endus ..... Where do you think ele will stand come 5.2? I was able to go back to my shaman for this patch and need an offspec. Is enhance really that much ahead of ele?
    It should still be a little ahead overall, I think, but not as much as it is currently. I'm still waiting for more data; there's been a ton of changes across the board and I'm not willing to make any firm declarations as to where we'll stand once the dust settles. We should be better off than we've been so far in MoP, though.

It should still be a little ahead overall, I think, but not as much as it is currently. I'm still waiting for more data; there's been a ton of changes across the board and I'm not willing to make any firm declarations as to where we'll stand once the dust settles. We should be better off than we've been so far in MoP, though.
    I would hope we're better off than 5.0/1 considering we had LB buffed by 20%! xD