Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fist weapon transmog

Eya peeps.

So I noticed all newer fist-weapons are "one hands", where as the older fist-weapons are assigned to a specific hand (Mainhand/offhand).

So what about transmogs for fist-weapons? I know this might seem like a dumb question, and I've tried to clarify my question by googling the answer, but no success. So decided to ask here.

Did they make it possible for one-handed fistweapons to be transmogged into fist weapons with assigned hands? Or have they removed the assigned hands from earlier fist weapons?

Kinds regards

Cirk

Quote Originally Posted by Cirkeline View Post
    Eya peeps.

So I noticed all newer fist-weapons are "one hands", where as the older fist-weapons are assigned to a specific hand (Mainhand/offhand).

So what about transmogs for fist-weapons? I know this might seem like a dumb question, and I've tried to clarify my question by googling the answer, but no success. So decided to ask here.

Did they make it possible for one-handed fistweapons to be transmogged into fist weapons with assigned hands? Or have they removed the assigned hands from earlier fist weapons?

Kinds regards

Cirk
    They're making MH = OH, but certain exceptions will still be in place based on models

In the next patch? 5,2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost all fist weapons are already one-handed on live. There's only a few off-hands left, and no main-hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirkeline View Post
    In the next patch? 5,2?
    Yup. Removing a lot of transmog restrictions on weps.

Deleted
    On this subject does anyone know if I will be able to transmog my One handed sword into a fister next patch? Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    A shame you still can't mog a fist into a sword. Their cop out explanation is what pisses me off the most though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    On this subject does anyone know if I will be able to transmog my One handed sword into a fister next patch? Thanks!
    Nope. You can only mog a sword to an axe or mace, they need to share animations.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    Fist weapons won't be able to be transmogged into anything else. They "have to share the same weapon animations" (even though bows don't share the same animations as guns and crossbows but those can be freely transmogged between each other, so...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Nope. You can only mog a sword to an axe or mace, they need to share animations.
    It's asinine because you can mog a bow into a gun and they have different animations.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's asinine because you can mog a bow into a gun and they have different animations.
    I very much agree.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

To be fair though bows, guns and crossbows only affect one class, and so few are added each patch. If you couldnt interchange them and say Throne of Thunder only dropped a gun, anyone who hates guns or has better looking bows/crossbows would /rage.
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

no, you can only transmog together weapon types with similar animations, so fists can only be mogged with fists, you will be able to one handed sword>axe>mace though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezoar View Post
    To be fair though bows, guns and crossbows only affect one class, and so few are added each patch. If you couldnt interchange them and say Throne of Thunder only dropped a gun, anyone who hates guns or has better looking bows/crossbows would /rage.
    All of the best agi weapons are fists in ToT if I recall corrctly. Plus I'm a monk and monks can't see their fist weapons in combat. There are only agi fist weapons in the current tier as well. Blizzard has a fist weapon obsession this expac and it pisses me off.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-02-24 at 09:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Almost all fist weapons are already one-handed on live. There's only a few off-hands left, and no main-hands.
    This is true, if you're looking through your AtlasLoot or anything, don't look at what it states about the fist weapon being MH or OH, rather look at the tooltip, they've changed most of them to 1H quite some time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question, Can you mog fist weapons into daggers in 5.2? I stayed clear of combat as much as possible this patch because i hate fist weapons that bad. So ugly.
    Aye mate

No, fists can only be mogged into fists

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:48 PM ----------

All of the best agi weapons are fists in ToT if I recall corrctly. Plus I'm a monk and monks can't see their fist weapons in combat. There are only agi fist weapons in the current tier as well. Blizzard has a fist weapon obsession this expac and it pisses me off.
    Is it not so ironic that the fist weapons were most likely inspired by the martial arts of the pandaran monks, who taught their techniques to the other races, but said martial artists cannot use said weapons? :P (well obviously they can USE them, just not visually ;P )
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Deleted
    It's more that crossbow, bows and guns all have the same animation in the sense they all have an animation for explosive shot for instance. If you take a rogue, who uses Mutilate, said rogue has to use daggers. Daggers in that case can't be transmogged to fists/swords/etc because no animation exists for Mutilate for those weapons. That's the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    It's more that crossbow, bows and guns all have the same animation in the sense they all have an animation for explosive shot for instance. If you take a rogue, who uses Mutilate, said rogue has to use daggers. Daggers in that case can't be transmogged to fists/swords/etc because no animation exists for Mutilate for those weapons. That's the issue.
    Storm strike uses the mutilate animation and I believe raging blow does too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    It's more that crossbow, bows and guns all have the same animation in the sense they all have an animation for explosive shot for instance.
    Bows and guns/crossbows have different animations. If you load them in a model viewer you can see that they have separate ReadyBow/ReadyGun, AttackBow/AttackGun, etc., animations. The spell effect attached to the ability isn't relevant in this case. What matters is the animation performed by the character. And currently, transmogging a bow into a gun changes its animations from that of a bow to that of a gun, which means that they obviously can do that.

You're right that things like Mutilate have special animations that might look silly with other weapon types, but that's already solved: Stormstrike has its own special animation designed for maces and axes that would work fine with swords as well. Or, like Raging Blow, they could just use the Mutilate animation anyway even though it looks silly.