Poll: Do you think Turkey should one day join the EU?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    The problem with splitting Ukraine is that the people from the east and the west are very intermingled. Contrary to popular belief there is no real border that you can draw.
    You are right in that the people are intermingled very much, at the same time what other solution is there? One portion of the population trample on the other half? I myself have grandparents, an aunt and a niece in the West and we've talked about letting them stay with us in Kiev if needed. I know not everyone has the option of leaving but I just don't see currently other effective workable solutions. Plus there are far too many far right radicals in the West and I'm simply afraid for my relatives' lives because they are Russian-speaking and hold other political opinions. These protesters aren't exactly known as people who are tolerant of other opinions, even though they like to hold up the big shield of "democracy" whenever questioned about their abuses. Like I said before, the cops scare me a helluva lot less than the people on the other side of this issue. If I were faced with a group of them, I'd definitely speak Ukrainian and lie about my political views in order to avoid being hurt or killed. And you say human rights violations by the government? We have seen nothing yet about human rights violations than what's to come when these people get into power.

Deleted
    hmmm... this thread seems familiar...