Chevron: If our fracking well explodes, pizza and soda is on us!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/a...zas-on-us.html

"It was a horrific event on every level. One worker at the rig was not found and is presumed dead. The fire -- who posed enormous risks to rescue workers and to the surrounding community -- burned intensely for five days before it was finally extinguished. Despite reassurances, neighbors surely worried whether toxins were released in the fiery aftermath."

"Tucked inside the envelope was a gift certificate to Bobtown Pizza, courtesy of Chevron. It entitles the resident to a free large pizza, and before you say something like, “Boy, is that chintzy,” you should know that was just the beginning, that the coupon also entitles the holder to a 2-liter soda.

Is there a catch? Well, sort of – the certificate is good for a "special combo only." Remember, Chevron's yearly profits declined in 2013 and the firm made just barely over $21 billion. You weren't really expected pepperoni, too, were you? (Note: the pizza certificates were first reported by No Fracking Way and Raging Chicken Press -- I called (!!) the pizza shop and confirmed that about 100 of the certificates were distributed by Chevron.)"

How many idiots do plans like these go through? Nobody thought this was a bad idea?

Actually this is kind of smart. You know if they accept this compensation they would probably lose any rights to bring a lawsuit.

Deleted
    erm so where's my coupon?

Nothing to see here people, there's no reason to pursue efficiency technologies and green energy, natural gas is safe and the future of the economy.

[/s]

Could have been worse. Could have been McBucks.

From what I read, toppings are not even included in the coupon. Blasphemy.