Voters
245. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde

154 62.86%
  • Alliance

91 37.14%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    This thread man....faction has nothing to do with community/server attitude... im actually confused by this topic. Well it is a Saladrin thread, all those previous threads didnt get closed becuase they were the best topics -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Gamers 10 years ago: Shitty WoW comments on Thottbot.
    Gamers today: Shitty WoW comments everywhere else but Thottbot.

I've had bad people to deal with on both sides
    I've found it harder to deal with other Horde players whenever I play as Horde

I am an altoholic, but never got toons past 30. I am trying to refine my ways.

I think it varies.
    Twas brillig

I agree in that it varies.
    For instance: On my main's server (Horde) we've got really good players, but the community isn't that great.
    On my alt's server (Alliance) the community is really good, but player skill is pretty much behind.

Neither.

It's all a product of bias, usually confirmation bias. Something convinces you that Alliance or Horde is all bad players and you start to seek evidence to confirm that bias.

When in reality, there is no inherent reason why either faction should be more skilled than the other. There is no skill test that must be accomplished before picking horde that you can skip to play alliance (or vice versa) so why would the skill be unbalanced for a reason other than random distribution?

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

I leveled 5 characters to 80 on Horde side by spamming dungeons. I leveled one character to 80 on Alliance. The best group I had on Alliance side, was worse than the average Horde group I had. The worst Horde group, was better than the average Alliance group. Most Alliance groups were HORRIBLE. Most Horde groups were pleasant.

I have noticed the same thing with pugs at max level too. Horde just appears to have more mature players.

Pre-BC Horde. Since then its been the same on both sides for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    If it's too hard, go to bed and forget about it.

- Manakin.

Neither.

Alternatively, both.

I've played both factions equally and here is my experience:

Horde:
    -Teens, Some douchy some nice
    -Kids, The same kids you find on xbox live, obnoxious and stupid
    -Adults, Usually early 20's with the occasional parent in the 30's. Respectful

Alliance:
    -Teens, Same as horde but more nice than douchy
    -Kids, surprisingly the kids on alliance are well behaved. usually because they have parents playing the game and they are kept in check
    -Adults, Mid-Late 20's respectful

They both have their trade chat trolls but i find more of that stuff in horde /2 than in alliance /2
    Bane

I've played both. Both factions have the same potential for idiocy.

I voted Horde though, as it was with Horde players where I have had most of my best WoW experiences.

Depends from server. For example on Burning Legion (Server where i play) idiots are in both, but i think horde gots more of them, just because there is more horde than alliance on my realm

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Well honestly I think its a fact that the horde have better players as seen above. I also think the community is a lot stronger horde side.
    It all depends on what the standard is for being better. Som ewould consider PVP to be most important, others community and again others may find raid progression more important, hell there could even be people that think the amount of players decides which is the best faction.

From personal experience I'd choose Alliance since I have had bad experience with Horde when i started out. Experience was so bad that I even deleted those toons and rerolled on Alliance at that time. This does not mean that either faction is 'better', that's just my experience and lots of other may have different experiences.
    The absence of a neither or equeal option in the poll makes this question irrelevant or even useless really.

P.S. Did not choose

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Depends from server. For example on Burning Legion (Server where i play) idiots are in both, but i think horde gots more of them, just because there is more horde than alliance on my realm
    Pretty much this. I play on several servers and both factions, communities in general depend on the server and some are sooooo much better than others.

I have played both factions and my personal anecdotical experience is that alliance is nicer.

I have played on: US - Alleria (alliance), US ravencrest (alliance), US quel'thalas (Alliance), US ragnaros (horde), US Illidan (horde) and EU dun modr (alliance) and maybe the horde on both us- ragnaros and us-illidan is horrible, but man, those people sucked.

Cant speak for the entire game, but I've never managed to get an alliance character above level 40 due to not being able to stand the immature annoying "community" that dominates that faction.

Then again horde has its fair share of muppets to

Horde, especially on Stormscale EU. HAH!

Seriously though, no difference.
    deviantArt | queue: closed

in this world full of people there's only one
    and if we only live once, I wanna live with you

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I have played both for a long time. I feel like the Horde usually have the better players skillwise but alliance have the a more friendly community.
    On the servers I've played on throughout the years I've had a similar experience. But I'm sure it's the other way around on some other servers.
    Black sunglasses with skinny jeans, that's me
    With groovy steps, skinny red, that's me
    All my people on the web (click me)
    All my people on sites (click me)
    singin' lalalalalalala

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    I honestly think that the only reason this poll is schewed towards horde is that there are just that many more people who play horde for the obvious op racials etc.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Sarthan View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/

Well honestly I think its a fact that the horde have better players as seen above. I also think the community is a lot stronger horde side.
    sorry but thats just plain fail logic. better player doesn't mean better community. and they race/faction/realm transfer from time to time. its just depend on the racials they got.. and better players means most of the time more elitest jerks. i'm sorry but eletest jerks are not what i call a better community...

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I honestly think that the only reason this poll is schewed towards horde is that there are just that many more people who play horde for the obvious op racials etc.
    That and the fact there's more Horde posters on this forum as the innumerable "which faction do you play?" threads would indicate.
    But yes the "better" part is down to racials. There is nothing inherent about either faction that would attract a better player just judging by aesthetics.