Deleted

Stone of Jordan question

What makes a Stone of Jordan good and expensive ?

I mean,I know it has damage against elites which can roll up to 30%,but what are the other stats that make it valuable?
    I found one with +14 fury,-4 fury on hammer of ancients and 29% elitedamage

Dont know how much I should put it up for // Dont know how to price the ones I may find in the future

Deleted
    its the elite damage which tends to drive the price up, 29% out of a possible 30% is extremely good.
    your paper DPS will drop, but the true DPS against elites is what matters,.
    Best this to do is to search Stone of Jordans via elite damage of 27% upwards and then look for one that has similar stats to what you have and you will get a rough idea of what yours is worth.

Pain in the arse way to do it, but unfortunatly there is no way to filter any further on SOJ.

Deleted
    And this drove me to my confusion because the ones that have 29% are as cheap as 500k.

Deleted
    But which ones are they ?
    are they the same as what you have ?
    I dropped a 23% one for WW barbs about 2 months back, managed to get 10 mill for it. It really depends on the other stats too.

so you need to be checking for ones with +fury and -4 Fury cost on HOA This can only really be done by manually inspecting each one on the AH, since the AH Filtering is crap.

Deleted
    If the bonus damage is cold, that makes it worth more, since cold damage snares.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    If the bonus damage is cold, that makes it worth more, since cold damage snares.
    And certain classes have abilities that take advantage of snares, like demon hunters' culling of the weak passive (increases damage done to snared critters by 15%).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordixlol View Post
    What makes a Stone of Jordan good and expensive ?

I mean,I know it has damage against elites which can roll up to 30%,but what are the other stats that make it valuable?
    I found one with +14 fury,-4 fury on hammer of ancients and 29% elitedamage

Dont know how much I should put it up for // Dont know how to price the ones I may find in the future
    Well at first just the elite damage, 29% is a bigger chunk of dps then your other ring will give you.
    The resource is just for convenience, the -4 fury on HOTA is where your SoJ begins to shine (Making it quite expensive, i think -4HOTA means about 30Mil alone, possibly more)
    And to top it off, the extra dmg adds to all black damage (non elemental damage, like - min damagae + max damage, as found on weapons, rings, necks, offhands etc) and cold can slow as said.

10+ Year Old Account
    And the fact that it counts in PvP too makes more lucrative. Especially a HoTA SoJ like you got.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

A Hammer of the Ancients SoJ with a good roll is really expensive, mostly because of how it works with it's near (or even over with best CC rolls) 100% crit chance means you can get it really close to costing no fury at all to cast.

Other ones can add just plain huge damage bonuses like sweeping winds bonus damage.

Just think if you are a 500k dps barb, +30% damage to elites is like 160k~ ish dps. There's no ring out there that's going to give you 160k dps alone.

It can have crappy/worthless rolls like every other legendary. And of course perfect or really good rolls are extremely expensive, like every other item on the AH right now.