View Poll Results: What expansion concept would be best for the next expansion??

Voters
249. This poll is closed
  • Burning Legion w/ Demon Hunter Hero Class

54 21.69%
  • Burning Legion w/ New Races

50 20.08%
  • Burning Legion w/ 4th spec

31 12.45%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ Tinker class

9 3.61%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ New Races

7 2.81%
  • 4th War Expansion w/ 4th spec

6 2.41%
  • Emerald Dream w/ New Class

17 6.83%
  • Emerald Dream w/ New Races

15 6.02%
  • Emerald Dream w/ 4th spec

6 2.41%
  • Naga Expansion w/ New Class

4 1.61%
  • Naga Expansion w/ New Races

23 9.24%
  • Naga Expansion w/ 4th spec

15 6.02%
  • Other (please specify)

12 4.82%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Every Demon Hunter ability was given to another class. Immolation and Meta -> Warlocks, Evasion -> Rogues, Mana Burn -> Priests.
    You have just found the perfect solution. Give every one of those classes a 4th demon hunter spec.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    something that leads to a warcraft 4 rts sounds really good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    something that leads to a warcraft 4 rts sounds really good
    I really want MoP to be the spark that starts a global conflict. I want atrocities to happen all over the place, and civilization in tatters. Just as things calm down and both sides pick up the pieces, the Legion shows up to finish the job.

Deleted
    Naga and more naga. Playable naga too. Ahem.

Ok, I want a South Seas expansion or something. It could include:
    -new race neutral playable naga.
    -of zones, something new like: Zin'Azshari(a full city zone, an entire zone being a city, with some big buildings, inside of palaces and temples etc, talking about a zone the size of Gilneas or something, but only city, this to show how big the night elves were and how many died); an underwater cave (with air, not water, giant cave); murloc and makura land (underwater zone, water zone), Kezan, Zandalari, Kul Tiras, The Lost Isles, Tel Abim and Pirate Cove (forgat name of the pirate island). All are zones, and they're closer to one another, as to not create a feeling of portal and separation like in Cata, so you can fly from Kul Tiras to The Lost Isles, from Kezan to Tel Abim and so on. You'd be around Vashj'ir as land so to say.
    -new mounts: boats (obvious why, little islands dotting the landscapes with secrets on them you'd like to explore)
    -new feature: sea battles
    -new PvP areas: Kul Tiras and Kezan (surprise!). Each 2 hours or so, a faction attacks the other one, so let's say the Alliance attacks Kezan with ships and stuff, as Horde you are on the defensive, as Alliance on offensive, but most of battle is either on ships(there's the capital ships of both factions, these are npc ships with a fixed route, they meet and board eachother for people who like regular PvP fighting with their character), using ships (to damage the capital ships, this is like demolishers or siege tanks in WG) or on land (on the beachfront of each of the zones, so if Alliance win, they establish a base there and they get quests in Kezan while the amount of quests Horde has decreases, same on the opposite side, though they don't get inside the capital cities, but they're outside and the npcs change their speeches)
    -Alliance new expansion "capital" is in the remnants of Kul Tiras. The Horde one is in the remnants of Kezan. Both were hit hard by the Cataclysm, both have rebuilt a bit, but not enough, and people will be able to lead efforts (similar to Molten Front) to restore the beauty of their faction capitals, we're talking drastic changes, like new colossal fortresses rising from the rubble, entire fleets, skyships, towers, alchemy labs etc being rebuilt.
    -raids we have enough ideas, from the pirate raids to the naga ones, murloc ones, makura helping us as a neutral faction and working with the renegade nagas, we have the Lost Isles raid ideas in the Tomb of Sargeras, and so many other ideas.

-ships can be solo ships, which are smaller, like mini fregates and guild ships, which are like guild houses or castles. Both types of ships can be taken into battle but if they get destroyed you need to either pay for repairs or get the materials and repair it yourself (sort of like crafting).
    -mobs are no longer taggable, every player who attacks a mob gets their own loot.
    -nodes are "instanced" per player, every player has his own nodes so nobody can steal

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well to be fair, Priests don't have Mana Burn anymore, and Evasion, Meta, and Immolation is a bit different than the DH version. Immolation Aura is pretty similar though.
    Evasion really shouldn't count since it's horribly underused on rogues. It's mostly a PvP cooldown.

The biggest sticking point would be Metamorphosis, which honestly never felt very demonology to me anyway. Even with the introduction of Demonic Fury.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I really want MoP to be the spark that starts a global conflict. I want atrocities to happen all over the place, and civilization in tatters. Just as things calm down and both sides pick up the pieces, the Legion shows up to finish the job.
    The Legion will never win, because that is the end of Warcraft. Just like we will never kill Sargeras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Burning Legion of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxicon View Post
    Burning Legion of course.
    Due to its crazy popularity, I firmly believe we're not going to see the Burning Legion again until the expansion after this one. Unless Blizzard makes this a ten-level expansion pack and goes balls to the wall for the 10-year anniversary of the game.

Burning Legion & Demon Hunter for sure.

I want to play a Demon Hunter!

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    4th War Expansion w/ Tinker class

The Alliance vs. Horde is what I grew up with (Played Warcraft 1/2). I know the game has evolved beyond that, but it still interests me more then the other threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Truthfully, I think Naga and the Legion go hand and hand. Anything with Azshara is going ultimately involve Sargeras in the plot.

In fact, I can see the final tier being the Tomb of Sargeras where she attempts to revive him with the Legion's help
    Azshara is the kind of person whose ambition will drive her to all lengths of madness. What you describe seems like a segue into a Legion Expansion, following one dedicated to dealing with Azshara and N'zoth.

Deleted
    YaY! The Burning Legion win!!! I hope, thwat is the next expansion!!!
    But please, High-Elfs for the Alliance. Don`t really care, what new race for the Horde, coz I don`t play Horde.
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2013-02-25 at 05:52 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves for Alliance and Mok'nathal for the Horde

Deleted
    Burning legion

No new races
    no new classes
    no new specs

Deleted
    It has to be a legion expansion imo.

Personally I would like for us to head through an Outland portal to another world to save a race and their world from being decimated (like the Draenei) and/or corrupted into a new legion weapon (like the Orcs).

We possibly gain a new neutral race.
    Demon Hunters reform their order and become a new hero class with Illidan being resurrected to lead the fightback.

Deleted
    I think it's rather obvious that we have legion expansion after MoP, but nothing's confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above. We've already done Burning Legion (twice if you played WC3), Vashj'ir was enough Naga for a long, long time, and Emerald Dream...just no...we've had WAY too much of this Cenarion/Druid/Hyjal junk in the game already...WAAAAY too much.

I'd rather see some kind of a third faction come into play, like the Defias Brotherhood or something, make an expansion about them trying to take advantage of how thin the Horde and Alliance are spread and all their infighting and seize the opportunity to come into power. Bring out Kul'Tiras and let's take back Stromgrade, I don't know, something other than Burning Legion or Emerald Dream...PLEASE!!

Out of these choices, I'd like to see a Burning Legion expansion the most. The catch is, I'd only want new races if one of them were ogres, otherwise I want a Demon Hunter class.

Of course, I hope they do the Burning Legion justice this time. Last time we spent most of the expansion fighting their enemies, the Illidari, instead. As long as the Burning Legion is back, with everyone on their proper sides, and us fighting the proper enemies, I'll want to see it happen. Hopefully, this would also come along with bringing back Alleria and Turalyon, as well as bringing back the Illidan from Warcraft III instead of the guy from Burning Crusade.

I think Azshara could be used in a Legion expansion, considering her past with them, but I really hope she gets her own time to shine. And by that, I mean that I hope she has nothing to do with the Old Gods either, aside from them granting her power. In fact, I specifically want to see her betray them. I'm sick of the Old Gods being this infallible explanation for everything bad. They need to take some solid hits, and Azshara has the potential to do it.

Deleted
    Naga's expansion with 4th specc. ONLY if Shamans would get tank specc!

Deleted
    I honestly don't understand why people say it "HAS" to be a Legion expansion? I mean ok, the black prince hinted about it, so? In Wrath we had hints of a naga expansion (Borean Tundra naga lady), emerald dream (Crusader Brindenbraid questline), Legion (the Scarlet Crusade leader meeting again).

Burning Legion Expansion:

Orcs and Humans removed due to annihilation by the Legion. Other races finally get a story that isn't a hackjob of terrible lore and even worse retcons.