Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why?
    Not going to lie, I had seen pictures of draenei and the Raven Lord mount, and thought they were wicked cool. I had only played one MMO beforehand. So draenei and mounts are essentially why I started playing WoW. xD

Which Race?
    At the very beginning, I went Night Elf. When I finally bought the game I went Blood Elf. Now, I'm mostly worgen and draenei -- they're my favorite races.

Which Class?
    I've switched a bit over the years, but hunter has always been my main. Pets mean the world to me. I love hunters.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    I've switched over the years, and I'm Alliance now because I just love draenei and worgen. I do have Horde characters, though. I'm not particularly a one-faction type of person, I can easily switch between them without caring much. I love a lot of the races though, and sometimes I think it's a shame I can't just play a race I like while still being able to be with my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    A friend introduced me after I got bored with Counter Strike Source, he did the same.

Which Race?
    Night Elf, because the guy that introduced me said to lol Don't regret it at all, Night Elfs have the best immersing zones imo. Plus I have so many memories in Darkshore.

Which Class?
    Druid. Again, the guy that introduced me briefly described what each class does and Druid sounded the best.

Why Alliance?
    Guess? The guy that introduced me was Alliance.

Why?
    I started caused i brought starcraft and it came with a 14 day trial I knew nothing about wow

Which race?

Human ,then i found out i dislike humans and healing is more of my niche, so i went with a nightelf druid (nightelf cause that's all they had)

which class?
    mage then a druid a resto druid no matter what class i play my main will always be a resto druid.

why horde/alliance?
    I started off with alliance and liked it for years..but then i always wondered about the other side, so i leveled a horde toon. Now i play on both sides. horde and alliance. I guess you can say i'm neutral amongst them. Hince my sig

Made by Visenna, TY<3

Why?
    I used to play Counter-Strike with a bunch of my friends, but they all started playing WoW. Once they hit 60 and started raiding Molten Core, I basically played CS alone. WoW seemed like such a time sink so I was hesitant to start playing, but all my friends were hooked on this game. I was in Vent with all my buddies and I said, if I can score a kill with one of the weakest guns in the game (TMP), I would join them in playing WoW. Somehow managed a kill. Bought WoW a few days later (12/24/04 or 05) and ended up spending all of Christmas and New Years playing WoW.

Which Race?
    Human. Wasn't a fan of the other races and my friends warned me that the NE starting zone was difficult to get out of. Still not a fan of Darnassus to this day.

Which Class?
    Paladin. Played one in D2 so I figured it would be similar. (lol) I didn't know there were other skill trees when I was leveling up and I actually grinded out 1-60 as Holy. Took me forever.

Why Alliance?
    Friends decided to play Alliance. I really had no choice in the matter. Probably would have picked Alliance anyway. I'm a sucker for the "good guys".

Why?
    A guild asked me and I had nothing to do. dec2012

Which race
    Worgen, passives seemed nice.

Which class
    Hunter. The guild told me to make one.

Why Alliance?
    Guild.

Why?
    My buddy in college was playing, and I was looking for an MMO. Here we are 8 years later.

Which Race?
    Human? I'm already human, boring. Gnome/Dwarf? Too small and weird! Ended up with Male Night Elf. Big and strong! Ready to tank.

Which Class?
    I knew I wanted a melee, and warrior appealed to me. The strong warrior who protects his team!

Why Horde/Alliance?
    My very first character that I got to like level 2, was an undead warrior, but then my buddy said, oh we're alliance, so I ended up going over to alliance with him. 8 years later, I am now a full char sheet of horde =D

Deleted
    why?
    It was a better fantasy game than Runescape and seemed like a more in-depth world full of adventure. I met many great people playing the game too

Which Race?
    Blood Elf, I liked the look of them when I was younger.

Which Class?
    Paladin, a hybrid just seemed like a good option for a first time character. Not to mention I wanted to wear plate gear.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Thinking back on it, I never associated myself with either. When I started I didn't hate the Alliance, or love the Horde. I choose Horde because I liked the look of Blood Elves. As I began to discover my faction, I began to really feel apart of the Horde, and that I had made the right choice in doing so. For the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    My ex-husband played for about a year, attempting to convince me to play, before he finally did. I had been irritated with the amount of time he spent playing. Turns out, the game stuck with me a lot longer than him (and longer than he did as well).
    Which Race?/Which Class?
    Night elf druid, because I had watched him play a boomkin and it looked fun...WoW was my first MMO so I just read over the character descriptions and decided it'd fit me well enough (I now have mostly Horde characters, with a priest main and a large variety of other classes as alts)
    Why Alliance?
    Again, because that's what he was and I didn't know anyone else who played at that time. When I eventually made the switch to Horde it was because I'd met people on both factions, some who had moved, but the server I was on had a much healthier Horde side. I now honestly prefer the Horde and my bevy of blood elves.

Why?
    My high school friends were playing it (circa 2006) and I was getting burned out on Final Fantasy XI, so I gave it a shot. I thought the game looked pretty stupid at first; coming from pretty graphics in FFXI to the more cartoonish style of WoW took some adjusting. After I got used to it, though, I found it infinitely more fun than FFXI.

Which race
    Human. I played a Hume on XI and I don't like change, ha.

Which class
    Warlock. I played on a PvP server and it was fun lighting people on fire. The questable and incredibly cool looking mount at 40 was a huge plus as well.

Why Alliance?
    S'what my IRL friends played. I also always liked the Alliance races more than the Horde ones.

Why?
    Couple of RL friends played the beta, and after watching it long enough I was convinced this wouldn't be the second coming of SWG (since it was my prior and only MMO experience before WoW).

Which race?
    Human, since that's what my friends all picked.

Which class?
    Warlock, because it had an "evil bastard" ring to it. Since then I've ended up on Horde and played mostly as Horde for the better part of my WoW experience.

Why Alliance/Horde?
    I like the Horde races and artwork more. They are a little more off the wall than the alliance races, which for the most part stick to RPG "stereotypes". That said, I am leveling up a human warrior now for the experience of the Alliance quest lines (and to tag along with some friends).

I was playing Lineage 2 in an internet cafe 8 years ago or so, and there was this guy that seriously raided on an undead mage. He convinced me to get an account and some time, and I started playing as a warrior noob with him sponsoring me with gold (5 gold was like a huge deal). I still played mainly l2, but I casually got to 60 after a while and tagged along to a few raids as a noob. I was still maintaining my position that WoW looks too cheap for me to take it seriously, and I did not like the GCD/casting mechanics.

Then TBC came out and I was sold. I rerolled to a warlock and stopped being a noob.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can grief people in lfr an make their game time unenjoyable

10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    My friend spent the whole year trying to convince me to start playing, after getting annoyed by his desire for me to play I picked up the game. He quit the game a month later... Yet i still kept playing since it my first MMO and a whole new and fun experience.

Which Race?
    Female Night Elf

Which Class?
    Warrior

Why Horde/Alliance?
    I did play alliance for a couple of months until I changed to horde and never looked back.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Deleted
    Why?
    Well I hear a lot about WoW back in 2006, it was very cheap at that time (20 Euro or so) so I just got it.

Which Race?
    Forsaken, I liked them the most, even though I kinda hate them today

Which Class?
    Mage, I was stoked by the Opening Cinematic of Classic, I loved the Mage.

Why Horde?
    Because I wanted to play as a Forsaken :P

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    I went into a gaming shop and asked if they'd heard any information about the game Matrix Online, the didn't know when it would be available in Australia. I went back and asked if they could recommend any other game like that (didn't know what an mmo was at the stage). They suggested World of Warcraft. That was April 05. About a week before my 21st. So my organisation was pretty bad for that night.

Which Race?
    Human. Which later became Dwarf.

Which Class?
    Warrior. Played a warrior up until CATA. Made the switch to a mage, best thing I'd done.

Why Horde/Alliance?
    I'd picked Alliance because I'd played Warcraft 1 and 2 and at that stage I didn't find anything appealing about that horde.

I was a Warcraft 1/2/3 player and I loved the universe. World of Warcraft seemed the next logical step. Unfortunately, it all went to shit in BC, Cataclysm and the last expansion whose rancid name I hate to even mention.

I was a human mage. I expected to cast Blizzard and do crazy damage like in other Warcraft games. Casting it for the first time was one of the worst experiences I had in WoW, right then at level 22 when I got it I realized something was wrong with this game. It was weak and pitiful.

Alliance because FOR THE ALLIANCE.

why?
    Because of WC3 and my friends were playing at the time.

Which Race?
    Human initially then NE.

Which Class?
    Mage at first, and then DK.

Why Alliance?

Because my friends were all alliance.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Why?
    I was addicted to WC3.

Which race
    Tauren. I played the orcs a lot in WC3 and was known to amass Tauren warriors. Needless to say I loved the race of Tauren and wanted to play one in WoW.
    Which class
    Tauren warrior. Same reason as the race.

Why horde/alliance?
    I only started as horde because of the Tauren.

Why?

i played wc3 games, and was very hyped when wow were released.

What Race?

human, i whould probobly have gone nightelf but they couldnt play mage.

Which Class?

mage. always play wizard

Why Horde/ Alliance?

We were a pretty big group of irl m8ts that decided to roll alliance on stormscale-eu, we had looked around on forums and irc and it seemd pretty many known mmo guilds from other mmos was gonna roll on that server aswell, so that settled it for us. As for alliance we reasoned "kidz will roll ud or orc, so lets go alliance to play with more mature players"

it whould have been incredibly funny if blizz could give us a chart for average age of the owner per account/main class played in vanilla. Whould be nice to settle that old debate for good...

why?
    Buddy in Junior high said it was really fun, this was during early vanilla.

Which Race?
    Human Priest. Really boring, took me about 3-4 months to get 60. Leveling back then was awful when you where completely new to MMO's.

Which Class?
    Paladin it being so imba in the game itself (Divine Shield > Heal = GG)

Why Horde/Alliance?
    Because he was alliance.