Deleted

Swedish Eurovision - Really funny video/song check for laugh

I don't know if anyone of you find this funny, but when I watched the Swedish Eurovision yesterday this appeared. I thought it was a little funny, but so did not the rest of the people so it didn't go to final

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RkzsUIoEz0&t=1m40s

Deleted
    After the sham last year, I no longer have any confidence in a fair competition.

Deleted
    What was a sham the last competition?
    Last edited by mmoc7666622322; 2013-02-24 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    After the sham last year, I no longer have any confidence in a fair competition.
    You mean the sham that it has been since they introduced the popular vote and non-blind voting over 2 decades ago? I stopped watching it 4 years ago.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-02-24 at 08:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You mean the sham that it has been since they introduced the popular vote and non-blind voting over 2 decades ago?
    No idea what that means, but what I mean is that the Scandinavian countries give each other high numbers, then the muslim nations will do the same.... It is a popularity contest rather than a singing contest.

No idea what that means, but what I mean is that the Scandinavian countries give each other high numbers, then the muslim nations will do the same.... It is a popularity contest rather than a singing contest.
    Pretty much, the results can be accurately predicted these days on the basis of country alone, never mind performance.

That is exactly what I meant.

The eastern bloc votes for each other.

The balkans vote for each other.

The scandinavians vote for each other.

Bloody cheek that Israel, Kazakhstan etc are even allowed to enter. It is, after all, the EUROPEAN song contest.

That is exactly what I meant.

The eastern bloc votes for each other.

The balkans vote for each other.

The scandinavians vote for each other.

Bloody cheek that Israel, Kazakhstan etc are even allowed to enter. It is, after all, the EUROPEAN song contest.
    To be fair, there is a small part of Kazakhstan that is in Europe. As for Israel, they at least have proximity to Europe, I guess.

Deleted

Blame the he International Telecommunication Union for how the European Broadcasting Area look like and that include Israel.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It's not like it's some hidden pact. What sells in one sells in the other.

Still impacts the spirit of competition though. Everyone in the east votes high for each other, and so on.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

We don't let Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya or Egypt take part..

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 10:17 PM ----------

Blame the he International Telecommunication Union for how the European Broadcasting Area look like and that include Israel.....
    We don't let Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya or Egypt take part..

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Butler Log;20327840]We don't let Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya or Egypt take part..[COLOR="red"]

Who is we? Wikipedia list them as "Never entered, although eligible to do so"

What the fuck did I just watch?

Deleted
    I don't get it, whats supposed to be funny in that video?

Deleted
    I thought it was funny because something random as this was allowed to enter the Eurovision. You don't seem like a happy guy, I suggest you get some sense of humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised we even let something like that enter the contest! Pretty funny, probably would've gone to the finals if the song was bit better. And then we'd lose horribly if it went to Eurovision.

About the whole pact thing. Sure, most neighbouring countries vote for each other to some extent. But if it was only like that, and every year, the same country would win each time. And even then it wouldn't have to be the buddy-system, it could be that they share a similar taste because they're so culturally similar. And looking at the results from 2012, Sweden got more than 100 points more than Russia that came second, which would prove that song/performance matter. Because there aren't a whole lot of people in scandinavia, compared to other countries.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    The dude in the lion dress or whatever it is makes this win

10+ Year Old Account
    You had people dressing up in fur suits too, Sweden?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkBq0lbEg-4

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    which would prove that song/performance matter. Because there aren't a whole lot of people in scandinavia, compared to other countries.
    Did they change it? Last I knew a country gave 1-12 points to the countries their voters voted most for.

Also how come every kpop fan on these forums only seems to be about SM/girls generation >< No love for LOEN (understandable I guess), or starship or etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Did they change it? Last I knew a country gave 1-12 points to the countries their voters voted most for.
    Uhh, I kinda brainfarted. That last part didn't make much sense, and no they didn't change it. Still stand behind the first part though. (if countries always voted for each other because buddy-system then the same country would win every time, unless suddenly more/less people from some countries voted)

Also how come every kpop fan on these forums only seems to be about SM/girls generation >< No love for LOEN (understandable I guess), or starship or etc.?
    SM is one of the three biggest companies in kpop, and SNSD is arguably the most popular group. Which makes it highly likely that people that want to sport a kpop ava/sig does so about SM/SNSD.

Have seen someone with a 4minute signature around, though.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt