Deleted

Paypal account is limited, asks me for a credit card I don't have

about a week ago, I got 3 messages from PayPal:

1) Bank account added
    2) we're transfering funds to your bank account.
    3) suspicious activity detected, account has been limited.

they've asked me 3 things, namely change password, change secret questions and confirm a creditcard. I could do the first 2, but not the 3rd, because I don't have a credit card. I've sent them a message stating I cannot confirm my credit card. I now received another unusual activity measurement, with another code, and they asked me to explain 2 transactions I made, which fortunately I could do. however, I still didn't receive a message about my credit card.

i've disputed the transaction and it has been reversed.

I started using my paypal the 16th of January, and already i'm running into severe issues with it. I wanted to use it as a means to pay online, without having a visa card, but that has started to backfire now, mostly because I reused passwords... dumb me, FUCK!

I'm wondering what I can do otherwise now. my personal thought is that I should just cut my losses, get all my money off my paypal account and just stop using it alltogether, but I hope I can avoid that if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you only needed to verify a bank account with Paypal to "Verify" the account. I've never had to attach a credit card.

Can you get a debit card attached to your checking account and just use that to verify it?

EDIT: If that doesn't work, I would stop using paypal and get one of those reloadable prepaid card things to do online purchases and bill pay.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-02-25 at 03:18 PM.

Deleted
    Paypal sucks, and it always has. You could try emailing support or calling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    i use paypal for 2 years now and also had several of your problems til i added a credit card.

you should know that the use of paypal for transactions is severely limited without a credit card (most online shops don't accept paypal unless linked with a card, didn't know why...).

if i were you i would do one of the two things:

-cancle paypal and use something else
    -add a credit card

i don't know how hard it is to get one where you live but i just had to call my bank and 2 days later i had my card. no problems ever since.

Deleted
    I've used paypal for many years without a CC and never had any problems regarding that. I did do a chargeback once and my account got blocked. They also asked me for Secret question password change and Verify CC. As i don't have a CC i just had to call them and they asked me to verify my bank account number instead.
    It was done within 10minutes and all was fine again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure all of those e-mails you got were legit? At work, we get a lot of mails seemingly from paypal, but they're phishing attempts that I always take care of so that the less savvy users don't get any ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    currently not available... guess i'll have to talk to my parents about a credit card then. does it work with prepaid cards?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    currently not available... guess i'll have to talk to my parents about a credit card then. does it work with prepaid cards?
    This is how it works with Paypal. I've been using them for years. I never not once used a credit card I owned. What you do is, go to a store and look at prepaid cards. Find one then register it online before you do anything. You add this to you're paypal account make sure you have same zip code when you submitted it online that you do on you're account. Now just "add credit card" and then you're done. Paypal had some serious complaints They will limit you're account even if nothing is wrong. Just to get you to provide more information. That's how they operate.

I've heard of them limiting accounts with no problems. Just to get you to link a bank or credit card. Hope this helped