Thread: New PC build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I meant to type 700w, typed 1000w because that's what someone else had typed, I went back and corrected it. The other reason I bought the power supply that I did is that it had a lot of very good reviews (majority where positive, with people either saying it lasted for a couple of years) and was a good price compared to other power supplies of similar or lower wattage.

Same thing with wanting an I7, yes I don't currently do anything that needs an I7, but I'd rather have a system where I can replace the processor rather than rebuild from scratch all over in 8 or so years simply because that's how it will probably be. Hell it's why I had to split up the costs of the components rather than buying them all up front, it's much easier for me to buy the components piecemeal then all at once. This desktop could conceivably have to last me another 8-10 years, so I want it to be something that I can improve on with a part here and there so I can make it last as long as I need to. If I ever get to the place where I can be dropping 1 or 2 grand into a top-end rig then awesome, but until I get there I won't plan on it.
    We get what you're trying to do,its just...ridicoulus.You want 32GB of RAM,and then you ask will onboard graphics be good...and all that for gaming among other stuff?Nonsense.

Listen,you can't get a computer that will do everything "beautifully" in next 10 years or so with money you have,or better to say,willing to spend.Not even a one you can upgrade so it can last that long.Just get a really good balanced build which will last you around 5 or so years.You don't know whats gonna happen then,so don't plan something as PC computer to last 10 years.

And also,LOTRO cant even use 4GB of ram,i don't know where you got that info that it is "ram instensive",it isnt't,simple enough.But you can't run it with intergrated graphics - thats for sure.So get balanced build,instead some "future proof" build that actually isn't future proof.
    Last edited by Palcica; 2013-02-24 at 11:20 PM.