Thread: SC2 external HD

Deleted

SC2 external HD

I heared it is possible to run WoW from an external harddrive. Is it also possible to run Sc2 that way? And if so, what info will the game save on the actual computer's harddrive?

Deleted
    I think it's possible.
    Some files will be "added" to your computer's HDD to c:\users\<user>\documents\Starcraft II\
    Account informations, map informations, screenshots are all stored there, while WoW saves these into its own folder (into screenshots and wtf folder).
    Also c:\ProgramData\Battle.net will be created, it is needed for the launcher, but WoW and Diablo creates that folder also, they're now all using the same-type launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixy View Post
    I think it's possible.
    Some files will be "added" to your computer's HDD to c:\users\<user>\documents\Starcraft II\
    Account informations, map informations, screenshots are all stored there, while WoW saves these into its own folder (into screenshots and wtf folder).
    Also c:\ProgramData\Battle.net will be created, it is needed for the launcher, but WoW and Diablo creates that folder also, they're now all using the same-type launcher.
    Yup, this is correct. I have a copy on my phone for usage at friends/wherever, it starts as normal and just builds the user files it requires. Handy thing is that Battlenet stores any hotkey settings you use. The only info it saves on the computer will be the username and any options you change. It doesn't save your password.