Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    But what prevents other players from just attacking once and then watching the other player attack a mob with a fuckton of HP?
    Because it would only be 50% more health, which isn´t that much. Yes, it would be a little annoying, but if your goal was to get loot, why not just keep attacking it, if the other person has aggro.. it would take almost nothing for the additional player to do 50% of the original mobs health.

Anyone who flat out trolled and only did one attack and then watched, would just be wasting their time as they would then have to sit around and wait a lot longer for the loot then if they just did some damage.

I love that they're fleshing out rare spawns more this expansion. I looove rare spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    /sigh at all the naysayers as usual.
    Blizzard sees an issue with the rare spawn/attitude of players, and tries to develop a system to counter it.
    If people do keep turnign up and tagging to increase HP, then leave, just report them. Blizzard are aware its a new system in place and isn't erfect, so they might have an internal policy of "If people act like dicks regarding this and we receive a report we take action", especially if it turns out to be continuous.

Why not let it come into effect first, and see how it plays out before being all doom and gloom about something. I for one welcome the change, as nothing is more annoying than seeing a load of asshats lining up dragging mobs onto you hoping you die so they can solo tag the rare instead. This way, you all get a chance at it.
    That is my thought too. The devs are some really smart guys. If I can read something and think of an exploit or annoyance in 5 seconds, the devs are probably already all over it. Only stupid players will try it, it won´t work and then they will learn it didn´t work.

It is very similar to the new 5% wipe thing n LFR. I am 100% sure that the first week there will be some players saying ´I am going to suicide so we get the 5% buff´..

One thing I am curious about. the 50% buff to the mobs health.. is that 50% current or 50% of their original health. Either way does lead to some problems. If I have a mob down to 1% and someone comes up and hits it, and it jumps up to 51% of it´s original health.. that will be annoying... especially since this can happen repeatedly (lol, use your executes wisely). But if the 50% is only added to the current health, then this can be easily exploited by friends. A mob that is down to 5%, gets hit by a second player, and would jump to only 7.5% health. If this is the case, it benefits the player (both actually) if the second player watches until the mob is low on health.

not good with computers
    I updated the news with a few answers to questions. It only works for the new rares in Patch 5.2 and anyone who taps it once gets loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    One thing I am curious about. the 50% buff to the mobs health.. is that 50% current or 50% of their original health. Either way does lead to some problems. If I have a mob down to 1% and someone comes up and hits it, and it jumps up to 51% of it´s original health.. that will be annoying... especially since this can happen repeatedly (lol, use your executes wisely). But if the 50% is only added to the current health, then this can be easily exploited by friends. A mob that is down to 5%, gets hit by a second player, and would jump to only 7.5% health. If this is the case, it benefits the player (both actually) if the second player watches until the mob is low on health.
    50% of the original health.

That rare spawn health scaling is kinda cool but when 10 people jump in to get it to is it just going to turn into a raid boss? and will be hard to kill. Im just glad that its power doesnt scale as well.
    Last edited by Dark Exerus; 2013-02-25 at 11:43 AM.

You will still get loot with just one hit while the mob is alive, even if combat drops.

Great. a hunter come along. Fire one arrow. keep questing and get a shot at loot from your hard fight. I think this system gonna get dropped or changed really fast

One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people "stealing" mobs during daily quests or when killing a rare spawn.
    inb4 "One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people hitting rare spawns once and returning to what they were doing previously, getting credit/loot for no effort and making the other player work 50% harder for nothing" when 5.3/5.4 hits.

Seriously...they should just leave the health as it is, after all a normal mob or boss's health doesn't increase when you're in a group right?

Not to mention many people (myself included) want to solo the rare for the challenge, in this patch it'll be far worse than the idiots who spam invites while you're killing a rare on your way to 90.
    Last edited by Staticus; 2013-02-24 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Staticus View Post
    inb4 "One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people hitting rare spawns once and returning to what they were doing previously, getting credit/loot for no effort and making the other player work 50% harder for nothing" when 5.3/5.4 hits.

Seriously...they should just leave the health as it is, after all a normal mob or boss's health doesn't increase when you're in a group right?

Not to mention many people (myself included) want to solo the rare for the challenge, in this patch it'll be far worse than the idiots who spam invites while you're killing a rare on your way to 90.

I really think the devs will have some safety mechanisms in place. For instance, I can think of 3 right away

1. A person must re-attack the mob every 10 seconds or lose their ´tap´.
    2. A person must do a minimum of 20% of the overall damage to the mob to receive loot.
    3. Any mob with less than 10% health cannot be tapped by another player.

My guess is they will have a minimum of those 3 rules in place. I think any new feature that gets added to the game has some negative sides to it, and certainly no matter what, there will be some annoyances with this new system. But think about how much better this would have made golden lotus dailies overall... 3 steps forward, one step back is still progress.

I wish the warlock spell Cataclysm made it live. /cry

I like how RETARDED blizzard is with that Rare/Quest Spawn thing. Do they not realize the huge amount of trolling people could do? Hit the mob once. Increase HP by 50% for the one player. Just sit there and let the one player do all the work.

GENIUS. Just let them flag it for themselves but don't increase the HP -_-

I hope they will find a way around potential abuse, but otherwise this is an awesome change to rare NPCs.

I wish this applied to all rares, so everyone could gather around Sulik'shor/Scritch and we'd all have a huge party.

I would imagine they do it like war online.

You get bonus to your roll depending on your contribution

Brewmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I like how RETARDED blizzard is with that Rare/Quest Spawn thing. Do they not realize the huge amount of trolling people could do? Hit the mob once. Increase HP by 50% for the one player. Just sit there and let the one player do all the work.

GENIUS. Just let them flag it for themselves but don't increase the HP -_-
    Though if the player is a hunter / mage or rogue and they see the other player do this all they have to do is feign death, invis or vanish and thus dump the now higher HP mob on to the other player that decided to troll..

love the rare sharing thing

(Great posts, Simca! )

I don't really like the thought of rares turning into massive raid bosses if there's no cap on the hp buff, and faction-sharing loot doesn't make any sense for PvP servers (or even PvE). Hopefully, Blizzard will expound further on this 5.2 rares system before the patch is out.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM/Surv Gekkani - Disc/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost/Fire Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Demo/Destro Yin - WW

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Haha GW2 copy paste
    It indeed is, it's not a bad thing though, but they probably should have done it way earlier, then again they do have many technical limitations on this game quite often.

The rares, their difficulty and their rewards look promising, but as many others have said, strangers can be asshats, tag them and then don't help whoever tagged the rares first. Maybe change the system to give loot and kill credit to those who contribute a % or fixed amount of damage?

Lets all make the same comment about tagging a mob and not helping to kill it! Oh wait

Hey Blizzard. How about copying the combat system from Guild Wars 2 while your at it, instead of having to press 50 bajillion buttons to execute precise rotations while trying to slowly move out of circles of pain and death.

The mob tagging idea is kind of interesting. I do agree that hunters, mages, and such can potentially get away with a kill. But the thing is, wouldn't an average player 'want' to help kill the mob to kill it faster and move on rather than sit and wait for it to be dead? Just a thought. I know some players 'will' sit and wait. But personally for me, I would help fight to get the job done. The increased health pool makes sense in that case if you think about it. It would actually be worse if it stayed the same. I think the logic behind the increased hp is to simply almost force the person tagging the rare to fight it to end it quicker.

That's just a thought for those coming up with a conclusion.