Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Isle of Thunder Rare Spawns, 5.2 Rare and Quest NPC Sharing, Blue Tweets, TCG Art

TryHard: Demonic Essence Farming Route, Blue Posts, Fan Creation of the Week: /r/Diablo's Short Story Winners, Weavesilk Tyrael

Patch 5.2 - Isle of Thunder Rare Spawns
    We already talked about the new rare spawns that drop some of the Direhorn mounts, so let's take a look at the new rare spawns on the Isle of Thunder. Thanks to Simca for helping to gather much of this information. You will need to kill these ten NPCs to earn the Champions of Lei Shen achievement.

Ra'sha is the eleventh rare spawn. He is somewhat weaker than the others, not an elite, and drops Ra'sha's Sacrificial Dagger.

The rest of the rare spawns have a chance to drop a Key to the Palace of Lei Shen and Shan'ze Ritual Stone. Every kill also will reward you with 15 x Valor Points. You can find a description of the encounter on the NPC pages.

Patch 5.2 - Quest / Rare NPC Sharing
    One of the complaints that often came up in the Blue Tweets was people "stealing" mobs during daily quests or when killing a rare spawn. Patch 5.2 attempts to make things a little bit better with a new system that lets you share mobs. Currently, any mob that is flagged as a quest mob on live gives you credit when you participate in the kill, but Patch 5.2 takes this one step further.

When you encounter another player killing a rare spawn or quest flagged NPC, you can just start to help them kill it. Doing so will increase the maximum health of the NPC by 50% and give you a chance to win loot, completely separate from the other player. If someone else comes along to help out, this will increase the health by another 50%, and give them a chance to win loot as well. You will still get loot with just one hit while the mob is alive, even if combat drops.

This system allows anyone from either faction, in your group, solo, or in another group to take part in killing these NPCs and get a chance at the loot, without affecting your loot chances. For now, it only works for the new rares and big quest mobs introduced in Patch 5.2. Please note that this does not work for normal quest mobs (Kill 20 of X...), only the bigger ones that are usually named and have an icon on their unit frame.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    My point is that you have never been able to balance classes in the past, this makes it even harder.
    But players want their guy to be the highest DPS so they don't have to switch. Not sure how to solve that. (Source)
    I think it's impossible to balance say Fire, Frost and Arcane to be identical on every single boss. (Source)

Positive feedback on what basis? Because on the PTR the seal hasn't been working correctly at all.
    While actual testing is the most valuable, I'd say we get 75% of our feedback just from player reaction and theorycrafting. (Source)

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Survival Hunters - Black Arrow shares a cooldown with Explosive TRAP. Working as intended, but why? This baffles me.
    We don't want you to have to drop a trap as part of a single target rotation. (Source)

Are you nerfing Silencing Shot because noone uses Wyvern Sting and Binding Shot? I think a better answer is SS as baseline!
    Silencing Shot is really powerful and the short CD just felt like too much. (Source)

Why can BM hunters Use Stampede in arena, And Dks cant use Army of the dead, It would be fun for Unholy to have this in arena.
    There is a teensy bit of damage potential between the two. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    why nerf arcane into the ground instead of buffing frost with a small arcane nerf?
    Because Arcane is ahead of everyone else (along with Affliction). We'd have to buff everyone else (including the bosses). (Source)

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    MWs wont stop Jab Jab Uplift, we'll just get more spirit to compensate. Possibly make t30 talents gen 1 Chi (2 for Chi Burst)?
    You don't have to stop. Just don't be sad when your mana down. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    would you consider the possibility of efficiently leveling as a Holy paladin (or ranged dps paladin new spec)?
    Have you tried it in MoP? Ranged Judgment with Holy Shock and Denounce works pretty well for DPS. (Source)

GC, most Rets today are crying for sustained damage and not burst. Please re-evaluate this outdated assumption.
    Go look at my Twitter feed a month or two ago. I speculated we could nerf Ret CDs and buff sustained. The earth trembled. (Source)

You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid
    There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together. (Source)

Could you explain why you won't change Devotion Aura to also include Phys damage 5.2? At least for Holy Paladins.
    We don't want every CD to be a carbon copy. Mantid just happened to have a lot of physical AE. Not the case for every boss. (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    The 20% mindblast increase is a promising first tweak for shadow priests. Any chance mb haste scaling from ptr will come back?
    Explain why your DPS needs it. What percent of relative DPS will you lose in the course of 5.2 because of scaling? (Source)

instead of buffing mind blast damage, why not scale the cd with haste? Would help stat scaling a bit.
    Will your relative DPS drop 10% over the course of a tier because of haste scaling? If not, why does it matter? (Source)

When are you going to stop focusing on disc all the time and pay some MUCH needed attention on holy? (PvE)
    We think Holy is in a really good place. They just get overshadowed by Disc so their representation is low. (Source)

And you still lose 25% output in the stance you're not in while no others healers have to deal with this. Why?
    Chakra is the Holy priest resource. You could ask why Holy paladins need to build up Holy Power before using WoG or EF. (Source)
    chakra is a resource alright, a resource for frustration, and will to bump my head in the wall.
    Holy without Chakra is just a generic healer, a Molten Core priest. If you don't like Chakra, probably not a good spec for you. (Source)
    I know you've talked about doing that before, and it really is the only way to make Chakra actually fun.
    We agree it would be more fun with more different spells per stance. Making swapping super easy just makes swapping not a thing. (Source)

Let me ask you this, do you think Sanctuary, in its current state, is a good spell?
    A good spell, yes. A high HPS spell, no, and it wasn't intended to be. You can layer it with other heals though. (Source)

so disc priest wont crit anymore but get a bubble instead... why are you nerfing priest so much? Being oom constantly sucks.
    Your crits will "only" be 130% but now non crits will be 130% too. (Source)

will pws critting simply mean pws absorb is 2x or does it create da for 100% when crits? For pvp I hope it creates da.
    PW:S crit is just a double absorb. (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Does the t15 4pc 7 second gcd stack with the glyph of Adrenaline rush?
    Yes. (Source)

how many patches will the devs ask and wonder why rogues pop isnt high enough when we have been telling you for months energy
    Not a recent phenomenon. My pet theory is rogue pop started to drop as soon as gank -> guaranteed kill became less likely. (Source)

regen is TOO low, therefor the class is SLOW and UNFUN, want to bring your rogue players back up? Increase the sodding regen!
    Our vision for rogues is not to have enough energy to fill every GCD. That makes energy not a thing. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Any chance at destro locks seeing the cataclysm spell thay we read about? survival is tough without blood fear. thankyou.
    Cataclysm didn't help with that. Melee just stepped away then stepped back in. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Why should warriors be "forced" to stay in Battlestance?
    Mostly because that's our design intent. You can go Defensive or Berserk for short situational reasons. (Source)

hate to pester but could you hit me with some insight?
    Shield Barrier was just a little too good with high Vengeance. I don't think you'll notice much of a change. (Source)

PvE
    Hey , i was wondering if the gear without a drop source on the new raid are trash loots or arent going to be implemented ?
    Normal drops trash loot (and there is no heroic trash). In LFR, you can get those pieces from the bags that only have gold today. (Source)

Ra-den Limited attempts? Seriously? I am disappoint, #LevelALLTheAlts!
    At some point, cutting-edge guilds making 500 attempts a week is no longer a test of skill. It's a test of endurance. (Source)

And that's not my standard. That's standard.
    The intent of Ra-Den is to be insanely difficult. Most heroic guilds should not consider him a part of progression. (Source)

thunderforged increases logistics problem for 25. It makes things worse. If this is the only solution this expansion...
    Remember, the main goal of Thunderforged is to keep Jin'rokh kills interesting after 12 weeks. (Source)

I could see that if the 5.0 raids were en masse on farm, but they aren't. Most raiders haven't cleared Terrace.
    Most raiders have, because they play LFR, and they're ready for something new. (Source)
    How many % of players raid lfr, and how many % of players raid hardmodes? Have you got any current numbers?
    I do, but it's probably not appropriate to share them. A whole lot of people do LFR. Very few do heroic raids. (Source)
    That should not be interpreted as developing heroic raids is a waste of resources. We don't agree with that conclusion. (Source)

What is "the Mechanar Syndrome"? I've noticed you have mentioned it several times.
    Players chain ran Mech because it was the most efficient way to earn BC dungeon currency. Efficiency in MMOs can trump fun. (Source)
    You mean like dailies? Perfect example whether intended or not.
    Mmm, not really. A better example would be if Klaxxi offered more valor than Golden Lotus so everyone just ran Klaxxi. (Source)

do you take those metrics into account when tunning drop chances? Just curious, not complaining.
    No, we're worried that would cause a vicious cycle. We drop gear by number of potential users, not current class popularity. (Source)

this is crude and simple but true. current progression: LFR-----------Normal---Heroics. should be: LFR----Normal-----Heroics
    Some of the normals had berserk timers that were a little tight. If you beat the mechanics you should probably win N (but not H). (Source)

Challenge Mode dungeons are great fun! How do you feel their acceptance is? Above or below expectation? Or on par?
    I think we will see more players do them as they run out of other content to do. We always knew their niche would never be huge. (Source)

For the purposes of RPPM, do the Haste buffs (Melee / Spell) contribute to the proc rate?
    Yes. (Source)

Misc
    http://t.co/iy4hOZD2 Read the Disc feedback
    The irony of the epeen stereotype is WoW players like to argue just as much about whose is shorter. (Source)

On the PTR forum:"Your next mind flay can be channeled while moving after a successful, non-instant cast mind blast" Thoughts?
    I would get rid of every cast while moving if I could. It would be better for the game overall. (Source)

WoWDB Addon Data Collection
    Finding the locations of the new Patch 5.2 Rare Spawn NPCs or adding new data from the other Patch 5.2 additions is done with the help of many players. The more people that contribute data, the more accurate and quickly we can update the database.

To help out, just click here if you have Curse Client already installed.

When you are playing the addon will gather data and save it. When you are done playing, Curse Client will see the game close and upload the collected data from the addon. You can see the last time data was uploaded by looking in the Plugins tab of the options, as well as making sure the addon is enabled there.

If you have any WoWDB related feedback, you can post in this thread or send us an email.

TCG Art Update
    Blizzard has updated the Trading Card Game art gallery to feature ten new pieces.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-02-25 at 07:15 AM.

Rare npc sharing is the best thing that has ever happened ever.

Nice feature sharing rares although I suspect most people prefer to solo them for the achievement of doing so rather than having people help them out. But it's still nice.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone attacks your rare, then it gets 50% more health, and the other person just sits back, does it still keep the health?

Deleted
    Haha GW2 copy paste

Is it only me who can already see mages running around casting 1 ice lance on tagged mobs? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper123 View Post
    Hahaha I can just see grief with this NPC sharing. If a player just attacks the NPC once it will add 50% to the bosses health, imagine lots of players attacking the same mob, soon it will get out of control. Blizzard really don't think things through very well...
    Or maybe you don't fully know how it works.

Deleted
    In before trolling another players by hitting rares once just to double their health.

Deleted
    Hahaha I can just see grief with this NPC sharing. If a player just attacks the NPC once it will add 50% to the bosses health, imagine lots of players attacking the same mob, soon it will get out of control. Blizzard really don't think things through very well...
    Luckily, most people don't have these negative thoughts like you do.

Deleted
    Rare spawn sharing would have made all of my rare spawn camping in MoP up until this point a lot less painful. Great change.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 09:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Peklet View Post
    In before trolling another players by hitting rares once just to double their health.
    Someone who thinks that a 50% increase in HP doubles a mob's health. Enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare NPC's Sharing will be awesome I think!

Will that feature apply to all rares in Azeroth/Outland/Northrend/Pandaria?
    Because if it does, how would it apply to TLPD/Aeonaxx/Poseidus, for instance? 50% chance on winning the mount or will give you the mount?

Having a chance to win loot? What does that mean? He's killing rare X that has 100% drop chance of Y item and if I help him, he gets the loot and I've a chance to win it as well? Because if the chances are equal to LFR drop loots, it'll be better to just wait for the respawn and get 100% chance on loot xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Does this also affect sha?

Btw unfair advantages on pve servers

Cross faction sha kill. Wonder what happens on a pvp server?

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Does this also affect sha?

Btw unfair advantages on pve servers

Cross faction sha kill. Wonder what happens on a pvp server?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    All world bosses are now Tap to Faction. This new system offers every eligible player of the same faction that engages a boss the chance to earn loot. Under the new system, players will only be able to earn loot from each world boss once per week, but bonus rolls apply. Bosses will now respawn more frequently as well.

It caps at 5 increases, relax d00d.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Having a chance to win loot? What does that mean? He's killing rare X that has 100% drop chance of Y item and if I help him, he gets the loot and I've a chance to win it as well? Because if the chances are equal to LFR drop loots, it'll be better to just wait for the respawn and get 100% chance on loot xD
    It's basically a complete separate roll of the loot table - as if you had killed it by yourself with nobody else around - for every player involved in the kill.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they finally took to their senses and implemented rare spawn sharing. There should maybe be some kind of pre-requisite for loot, whether that being you'll have to do certain amount of threat, healing or damage. Or else I do have the feeling people would exploit it in one way or another (tagging and doing nothing afterwards).
    Last edited by Pancha; 2013-02-24 at 09:32 PM.

I dunno all i see is this giving everyone the ability to kill opposite faction players without them being flagged by simply taggin it then standing back or near to keep the hp up on the mob. but i guess we'll have to wait and see how it works once fully implemented.

nevermind. didnt see the blue post looks like it will be faction specific only
    Last edited by haaskilbas; 2013-02-24 at 09:34 PM. Reason: new info

BUff everyone else they say that's arcane has been what, 20% then 8% then another 22% then 3% in nerfs?

Hopefully the share has a cap so that it doesn't result in griefing and that you need to help with a certain amount of damage so people can't dot and wait. I'm personally don't like the idea of sharing cross faction. Nothing was more fun than killing alliance fighting rares. Spent a long time while leveling constantly trading kills with a warrior who was always at every rare I found.

finnaly nice solution for mobtagging