Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

This is also a quick guide to killing all the rares on the Isle of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper123 View Post
    Just because they showed the boss up to 5 players doesn't mean that's the cap...
    This coming from the guy who equates a 50% gain to doubling their health. Just stop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Will that feature apply to all rares in Azeroth/Outland/Northrend/Pandaria?
    Not sure if it will in the future (it should, imo!) but currently it only works on the new rares introduced in Patch 5.2.

Just because they showed the boss up to 5 players doesn't mean that's the cap...
    Yes, very true. I just looked through my massive collection of screenshots and found one of Progentius at 26.6 million HP (he normally has 7.59 million), which means it does work for 6 players at least (Solo hp of 7.59 million plus a 250% increase). If there is a cap, I don't know what it is, and it is high enough that you will almost never encounter it.

Quote Originally Posted by haaskilbas View Post
    I dunno all i see is this giving everyone the ability to kill opposite faction players without them being flagged by simply taggin it then standing back or near to keep the hp up on the mob. but i guess we'll have to wait and see how it works once fully implemented.

nevermind. didnt see the blue post looks like it will be faction specific only
    Currently, only the World Bosses use faction-specific tagging. The rares on the island give out loot to both factions involved. That could be a bug or could be intended... hard to say. Either way, on PvP servers you will probably end up killing each other first, and on PvE servers faction grievances aren't nearly as big of a deal.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    But what prevents other players from just attacking once and then watching the other player attack a mob with a fuckton of HP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrus Vakarian View Post
    But what prevents other players from just attacking once and then watching the other player attack a mob with a fuckton of HP?
    Hopefully they thought about that.
    Sucks that they have to implement safeguards in nearly everything just to keep people from screwing others up "for the lulz".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Hopefully the share has a cap so that it doesn't result in griefing and that you need to help with a certain amount of damage so people can't dot and wait. I'm personally don't like the idea of sharing cross faction. Nothing was more fun than killing alliance fighting rares. Spent a long time while leveling constantly trading kills with a warrior who was always at every rare I found.
    I like it for just this reason, I hate PVP and on a PVE server ... I have had several horde either attempt to get me flag OR get me killed to take a rare I was working on. Though I do get revenge by getting my hunter waiting till they are fighting (while still flagged because they were stupid to start with) and face rolling them with stampeed and taking the rare back. Point is this saves me and loads of other people trouble because of "special" people who like to steal rares that they didn't get to first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

What the hell. How does this improve things? You are happily killing a mob, someone else comes along boom health increased. Why not just share a mob without increasing health? You know, so that things become easier with multiple people? ...

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe uses the same tech as training dummies... if a player stops attacking for a few seconds, they exit combat, lose kill credit, and the health buff is removed. That's my guess.

Of course, if another player is killing a rare mob, I don't really see what anyone would have to gain from trying to troll, when they could just participate and potentially get loot. The Pandaria rare mobs in particular have really cool and valuable drops.

That tagging solution looks like a terrible idea and a disaster waiting to happen. What happens if I see someone fighting a rare spawn, run in, tag it, and simply run away? What if I do it with 3 friends?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    What the hell. How does this improve things? You are happily killing a mob, someone else comes along boom health increased. Why not just share a mob without increasing health? You know, so that things become easier with multiple people? ...
    Even with a 50% health boost it would be easier. An enemy with 10k health would jump to 15k health, but you'd have a second player contributing damage and debuffs, so together you'd probably be dealing at least double the DPS.

The health boost is just so that it doesn't completely trivialize killing rares and quest mobs, otherwise you could get a group of 10 or 15 people together and kill everything super easily, and every single person would get their own loot chances.

This is so going to happen. Either will people just hit the target once and then go and get a pizza to grab the loot when comming back....or there will be groups that will triple the HP just for the fun of it and watch players die.

Might become fun tho. Rare almost dead...next guy joins....rare again almost dead...next guy joins. Can't wait to see rare spawns with more HP than Deathwing...;-)
    Last edited by Pacster; 2013-02-24 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    That tagging solution looks like a terrible idea and a disaster waiting to happen. What happens if I see someone fighting a rare spawn, run in, tag it, and simply run away? What if I do it with 3 friends?
    That's the first thing that came to my mind after reading news. This will be a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sharing tags? In my wow? Omfg thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have me confused with someone else... Check your facts before hitting send dude...
    Well I don't think they'll be pandas, so it will be easier with decent gear. And not to mention that once you tag it, you're on the threat list. There are many classes with threat reductions, so yeah, you go AFK.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit what is up with people here? What kind of people do you guys interact with? When I see a mob and someone is hiting it in 5.2, ill just help him and get my loot, what is the issue? Why is everyone so freaking scared of change and shareing things with other players? I dont even think some of you realise or know how to read. You cant just simply it it and leave, it works like any other mob in this game, you need to be pretty freaking close to get credit to the kill, and be able to loot it. Why the fuck would you just hit it and leave? What kind of moron does this? You need to help kill the mob in order to aquire your loot. Honestly I ask again, with what kind of people do you play with that you are so afraid to shareing a killl with a fellow member of your faction. (I will kill the other faction still, that wont change.)

Not everyone needs to be a freaking asshole, unless you are one of them ofcourse.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-02-24 at 10:46 PM.

Deleted
    All the worries regarding the griefing aside, in my opinion, this is easily one of the best changes of the last few patches.
    Not having to camp a rare spawn by spamming /tar-/cast macros anymore? Amazing.

Because it would only be 50% more health, which isn´t that much. Yes, it would be a little annoying, but if your goal was to get loot, why not just keep attacking it, if the other person has aggro.. it would take almost nothing for the additional player to do 50% of the original mobs health.

Anyone who flat out trolled and only did one attack and then watched, would just be wasting their time as they would then have to sit around and wait a lot longer for the loot then if they just did some damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that they're fleshing out rare spawns more this expansion. I looove rare spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    /sigh at all the naysayers as usual.
    Blizzard sees an issue with the rare spawn/attitude of players, and tries to develop a system to counter it.
    If people do keep turnign up and tagging to increase HP, then leave, just report them. Blizzard are aware its a new system in place and isn't erfect, so they might have an internal policy of "If people act like dicks regarding this and we receive a report we take action", especially if it turns out to be continuous.

Why not let it come into effect first, and see how it plays out before being all doom and gloom about something. I for one welcome the change, as nothing is more annoying than seeing a load of asshats lining up dragging mobs onto you hoping you die so they can solo tag the rare instead. This way, you all get a chance at it.
    That is my thought too. The devs are some really smart guys. If I can read something and think of an exploit or annoyance in 5 seconds, the devs are probably already all over it. Only stupid players will try it, it won´t work and then they will learn it didn´t work.

It is very similar to the new 5% wipe thing n LFR. I am 100% sure that the first week there will be some players saying ´I am going to suicide so we get the 5% buff´..

One thing I am curious about. the 50% buff to the mobs health.. is that 50% current or 50% of their original health. Either way does lead to some problems. If I have a mob down to 1% and someone comes up and hits it, and it jumps up to 51% of it´s original health.. that will be annoying... especially since this can happen repeatedly (lol, use your executes wisely). But if the 50% is only added to the current health, then this can be easily exploited by friends. A mob that is down to 5%, gets hit by a second player, and would jump to only 7.5% health. If this is the case, it benefits the player (both actually) if the second player watches until the mob is low on health.

I updated the news with a few answers to questions. It only works for the new rares in Patch 5.2 and anyone who taps it once gets loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    One thing I am curious about. the 50% buff to the mobs health.. is that 50% current or 50% of their original health. Either way does lead to some problems. If I have a mob down to 1% and someone comes up and hits it, and it jumps up to 51% of it´s original health.. that will be annoying... especially since this can happen repeatedly (lol, use your executes wisely). But if the 50% is only added to the current health, then this can be easily exploited by friends. A mob that is down to 5%, gets hit by a second player, and would jump to only 7.5% health. If this is the case, it benefits the player (both actually) if the second player watches until the mob is low on health.
    50% of the original health.