Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Apocalypse, sad?

When someone dies it is sad, but is it sad if everyone dies?

This thread makes me sad.

And angry.

Thanks a lot.

no, it's a blessing.

no more war, no more pain, no more suffering. it's the way the universe and reality should be, non-existent.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    When someone dies it is sad, but is it sad if everyone dies?

Not my sorrow anymore about others ( except close relatives). I'm dead or close by, why bother with milliards ( billions to you) other lives ?
    Last edited by ranzino; 2016-07-09 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no more war, no more pain, no more suffering. it's the way the universe and reality should be, non-existent.
    Speak for yourself..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it's often sad when someone dies but this is meant to be natural so it's fine, if everyone dies then it's very sad because it means we failed to survive as a species and every art and things we created is lost certainly forever.

Physicist are most likely the only persons who could save humanity.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    no, it's a blessing.

Oh, the universe will kill us. late, but it will, and on a large scale. AFAIK the universe in such scenario ends in a cold state, everything burned out and fading until everything remaining is at zero Kelvin.

The Rest Is Silence, "Hamlet"

10+ Year Old Account
    As you need others to relate sadness, then if you mean all living things dying, then no it would not be sad.

However you are presumably talking about humans when you say "everyone" and as there have been pets that have shown sadness at the death of their owners, it would qualify as sad.

If it's sad then you are a spiritual person.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Oh, the universe will kill us. late, but it will, and on a large scale. AFAIK the universe in such scenario ends in a cold state, everything burned out and fading until everything remaining is at zero Kelvin.

Correct

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Sit...r_the_Universe + http://www.astronomy.ohio-state.edu/...0/notes42.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post

There is certainly a way to prevent that with a high enough level of technology. If we were cells with a nucleus 2 billions year ago, what will we be capable of in 2 billions year ? Asking us to avoid the end of the universe now is at least like asking a cell with a nucleus to build a machine to go on the moon. Fact. I even doubt cells had consciousness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm definately not a religious person but i find thinking about the anihilation of the human race sad.

This is a very weird topic though

Deleted
    no, it's a blessing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Speak for yourself..
    ^Agreed.
    Not everyone has such a negative view on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    One doesn't need to be spiritual to have feelings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    ^Agreed.
    Which is lucky, a world full of whiny little emos sounds horrific and dull.

did you take a break from slitting your wrists to make this thread?

If everyone is dead, who is there left to feel sad about it? Death isn't inherently sad, so I can't even say the death of a single person is sad. It's the status quo that living things die, people getting killed is sad cause they're being robbed of their life. Same thing with disease, and other lamentable ways that death occurs. But living a full life before death, I find that is something to be celebrated. That's assuming no emotional investment in the person, as the loss of such people hurt regardless as it's someone who was close to them. But plenty of people die around the world that if we had an innate disposition towards sadness from death, we'd be permanently in a state of sadness.
    It would be a lamentable thing to have the entire population wiped out, as there is still much for humanity to do and achieve.. but I'd be dead too so couldn't feel anything at all. But I suppose it would allow for new forms of life to flourish, as there would no longer be pesky humans all over the place dominating the ecosystems of the world. Nevermind that the universe at large hasn't even seen the light of our sun from before the Earth formed, so hardly going to notice that we're long gone should another sentient life see it some day. Either way, we'd be dead so no more sorrow to be had from us, nor joy, rage, love, etc. Just corpses that will be broken down by decay, used to sustain new life, and repeat till all life on the rock is gone and most likely the rock itself when the sun expands. Which will also fade away, and depending on how those atoms fair may even be blasted across the cosmos by the remnants of the solar wind to some day encounter other worlds, stars, by knowing our luck.. get stuck in a black hole for the rest of time.

Deleted
    It's not always sad when someone dies. If a terrible person which genuinly was nothing but a damaging factor in life, then it is a blessing that said person dies.

So, evaluating each life individually, i think you'd find that destroying the world would destroy all the good, with all the bad.

I'd lose my ability to joke about sex with @Celista , But then again, threads like these wouldn't excist. I kinda value my small moments, above your strawman question, so, yeah, it would be kinda shitty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    ^Agreed.
    True, there's plenty of joys in life. Just not the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Sometimes I have this wonderful dream where I crafted some spectacular way to just kill off all of humanity but myself, and somehow they all knew exactly who was responsible for their collective demise right before it happens.

Then I get to just wander the world myself, like a Twilight Zone episode. \o/
    The one where he can finally read all the books he wants, except he drops his glasses, they break, and he can no longer see to read?

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    True, there's plenty of joys in life. Just not the sun.
    "there is no light, only darkness!" - Lich King ?

I proved him wrong when I killed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.