Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739

    Karzai orders US special forces out of Afghan province

    The Afghan president has ordered US special forces to leave Wardak province within two weeks.

    The decision was being taken due to allegations of disappearances and torture by Afghans considered to be part of US special forces, said a spokesman for Hamid Karzai.

    The strategically significant, central province of Wardak has been the recent focus of counter-insurgency operations.

    A US statement said it took all allegations of misconduct seriously.

    But the US could not comment specifically on this latest development "until we have had a chance to speak with senior government officials", the statement by a spokesman for US special forces said.


    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21566295

    This could cause a shitstorm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    25,862
    Karzai is probably just appealing to the masses because he is worried he'll get beheaded the moment US Forces leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Both of those links don't provide any evidence. They make unsubstantiated statements

  3. #3
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Karzai is probably just appealing to the masses because he is worried he'll get beheaded the moment US Forces leave.
    That will probably happen anyway, but the fact that US troops are being ordered out is a huge news. The US has no choice but to agree to it or admit they had no intention of installing democracy at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Karzai is probably just appealing to the masses because he is worried he'll get beheaded the moment US Forces leave.
    Exactly my thoughts.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    I am shocked that people do not understand how important this news is, this is major news yet the biggest subject on the main page is whether or not you should use adblock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am shocked that people do not understand how important this news is, this is major news yet the biggest subject on the main page is whether or not you should use adblock.
    Man/woman, you are in a WoW forum...

  7. #7
    Legendary! Reg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am shocked that people do not understand how important this news is, this is major news yet the biggest subject on the main page is whether or not you should use adblock.
    I'm just not sure what there is to discuss. US needs to get out unless they want to look like assholes. *shrug*

  8. #8
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Man/woman, you are in a WoW forum...
    Which contains some retards, but on the the hand some of the smartest people I have met on the internet reside here. The average person here is very capable of understanding the situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  9. #9
    I guess now we'll see if the US is the big bad imperialist aggressor that masochists have been painting.

  10. #10
    Pull out the units working with the afghans in question then send in new forces???

  11. #11
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I guess now we'll see if the US is the big bad imperialist aggressor that masochists have been painting.
    Thats just it, they either back down and prove what they have been saying along about installing a democracy, or they ignore it and vilify themselves infront of the entire world. The legit leader of Afghanistan tells them to fuck off, they HAVE to do it or they are hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  12. #12
    Legendary! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    6,490
    I dont think the US has any choice, simply to cut down on the amount of friction that is being caused they'll have to pull out of the zone.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Which contains some retards, but on the the hand some of the smartest people I have met on the internet reside here. The average person here is very capable of understanding the situation.
    The idea of my post was that in WoW forum, even in the Offtopic section, people may not share your point of view about what is important.
    Anyway, i just hope that Karzai will hold together till end of his elected time, no matter how big d... he is. And that the next one after him will too.

  14. #14
    I am Murloc! Skroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Karzai is probably just appealing to the masses because he is worried he'll get beheaded the moment US Forces leave.
    This.

    Only reason Karzai has engaged in all of his stunts the last 5 years.

    Let's remember for a second that we are talking about THE Hamid Karzai. This is a guy who was George W. Bush's guest at the 2003 State of the Union. This is the guy who had the exceedingly rare privelege of addressing Congress. This is the guy who was considered so important that upon the invasion of Iraq, foreign policy thinkers and people inside the war effort lamented "Iraq has no Karzai".

    Fast forward to 2013 and it's like somehow our Karzai got replaced with his evil goateed doppelganger from the Mirror Universe.

    Karzai's Presidency is over in a year or so. Afghanistan has term limits. He's had two terms as President on top of one term of Provisional President an a period before that as defacto leader. After that he is on his own. Chances are, he goes to live in France since he'll never know safety in Afghanistan.

    But he only does this stuff because Mirror Universe-Karzai turns out to be more real than 2003-Karazi... that is, a politician, not a saint.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord Asseymcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    983
    Aren't they just kicking them out of a certain area? Not all of Afghanistan, and they mentioned the US Special Forces. Which, in the way they used SF, they meant all of the US Special Ops units. Didn't say anything about the conventional units, no?

    So, they will probably withdraw all of the units under SOCOM and leave any conventional units there. If there are any there anyway. And they will probably remain in Afghanistan, just not in that province anymore.

    But if I'm misunderstanding this, do tell. I'm very curious to how this will turn out.

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    Aren't they just kicking them out of a certain area? Not all of Afghanistan, and they mentioned the US Special Forces. Which, in the way they used SF, they meant all of the US Special Ops units. Didn't say anything about the conventional units, no?

    So, they will probably withdraw all of the units under SOCOM and leave any conventional units there. If there are any there anyway. And they will probably remain in Afghanistan, just not in that province anymore.

    But if I'm misunderstanding this, do tell. I'm very curious to how this will turn out.
    To me, it is giving the US forces a reason to leave Afghanistan early, which means there is trouble elsewhere. My guess is Africa, we havent interfered there for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  17. #17
    Warchief Reqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    To me, it is giving the US forces a reason to leave Afghanistan early, which means there is trouble elsewhere. My guess is Africa, we havent interfered there for a while.
    Africa is good for me.. Same place, different shit.......

  18. #18
    Dreadlord Asseymcgee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    To me, it is giving the US forces a reason to leave Afghanistan early, which means there is trouble elsewhere. My guess is Africa, we havent interfered there for a while.
    Well...they wouldn't run out of action there me thinks. Many parts in Africa that are just fucked up.
    Somalia, the Congo, Zimbabwe etc. I would be more afraid of the diseases than the people in those areas though.
    Last edited by Asseymcgee; 2013-02-25 at 01:52 AM.

  19. #19
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Africa is good for me.. Same place, different shit.......
    Less IED's though, at least at first until they are tought how to make them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    I do sympathize with these so called terrorist organisations. As far as I'm concerned, at least they are fighting for something they believe in, and for what they see to be the greater good. They're not fighting to line the pockets of statesmen, governors and oil barons. I wish we could the same about the people on this side of the planet.
    Hobbes talking about Al Qaeda and ISIS.

  20. #20
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,370
    Please let us leave... dear lord.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Sennheiser HD598 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •