Page 61 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Again no... those banknotes were backed by gold.
    Gold only has a stable value when the government has a currency that they back. There are no examples of any material having a stable value in a place without currency.

The US government had no hand in those systems whatsoever. The only reason the US dollar was legislated the only legal tender is because you had exchange rates from bank to bank and state to state which hindered trade (but did not stop anyone from generating wealth).
    Yes, the government did, as explained above.

No, the literal root of fiat currency is debt. If the US government paid back every penny it owed to everyone out there, money would still be in circulation.
    Market economies fall apart when the government has no debt, unless it is a heavily micro-managed economy.

No, you're the one with flawed logic. Could you please explain why I would continue working for an employer that didn't pay me? Or why anyone would work for an employer that didn't pay them? You don't need a gun to enforce that exchange. Either he pays up or he doesn't get anything done.
    "I'm not working for you anymore" doesn't recoup stolen wages. You need a government for that.

No, you're the one with flawed logic. Could you please explain why I would continue working for an employer that didn't pay me? Or why anyone would work for an employer that didn't pay them? You don't need a gun to enforce that exchange. Either he pays up or he doesn't get anything done.
    You work, he doesn't pay you, the government points a gun at him and makes him pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Gold only has a stable value when the government has a currency that they back. There are no examples of any material having a stable value in a place without currency.
    And again you're historically wrong. When gold backs a currency that currency becomes vulnerable to supply shocks of the commodity. The commodity determines the currency's value. Not the other way around. You can keep flailing at this if you like, though.

In fact, when the opposite was attempted through legislation (Currency determining the price of gold) the system fell apart.
    Last edited by Laize; 2013-02-26 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Notice how when I asked you to clarify your position you just started flaming?
    Right, because your vitriolic commentary during the Romney tax nonsense and DOJ gun walking scandal wasn't anti-republican in nature at all.

"I'm not working for you anymore" doesn't recoup stolen wages. You need a government for that.
    I'm not contesting that. I'm contesting the idea that you'd keep working for an employer who didn't pay you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Right, because your vitriolic commentary during the Romney tax nonsense and DOJ gun walking scandal wasn't anti-republican in nature at all.
    What does that have to do with anything?

I asked you to clarify and you started flaming. That's not exactly indicative of good faith debate.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:28 AM ----------

I'm not contesting that. I'm contesting the idea that you'd keep working for an employer who didn't pay you.
    Company towns amounted to pretty much exactly that.

Company towns amounted to pretty much exactly that.
    I'm aware of company towns and the problems they produced.

I'm also aware the legislated dollar fixed that. I'm not contesting that American legal tender legislation was bad.

What does that have to do with anything?

I asked you to clarify and you started flaming. That's not exactly indicative of good faith debate.
    You'll have to excuse me for not believing you're capable of such a debate.

I find this very ironic.

Could just answer his question instead of continuing to flame.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    If people seems like they want repeal the 24 amendment. I suggest repealing the 2nd amendment right after.
    Fallowed by the first amendment.

Personally like I have said many times over the whole system needs to be redone due to the fact the times have changed 10000% since the 1800's

The amendments and all is hurting more then helping.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think the democrats are sad and pathetic and Obama is terrible, and I've never had a problem conversing with anyone about it on here.
    You think the dems are sad and pathetic and obama is terrible.

Now back up your claim with facts on why you feel this is true and not "JUST BECAUSE I SAID SO"

Until then please stay quite.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 02:44 AM ----------

you refuse to answer his question and keep flaming him.

So you will have to excuse us for not believing you're capable of a debate.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-26 at 02:44 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I find this very ironic.
    I'm glad Wells, I really am.

You're among friends in this thread, be careful you don't shut down the forums with all the reverberation in this echo chamber.

Guys, cut out the back and forth crap and move on with the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Levitt View Post
    Hello everyone,

As most of you already know, Caucasians will no longer make up the majority of American's at some point between 2044 and 2052. Historically, the Republican Party has catered to the "White Male" and has upheld an archaic vision for the country in an age where the relevance of their message is waning.
    You have to remember, the republicans were the ones who freed the slaves. The Republicans were the ones who gave the African Americans rights. Historically, African Americans were predominately republicans, the party of Lincoln. Only recently have they changed to the democrat party, for who knows what reason.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    You have to remember, the republicans were the ones who freed the slaves. The Republicans were the ones who gave the African Americans rights. Historically, African Americans were predominately republicans, the party of Lincoln. Only recently have they changed to the democrat party, for who knows what reason.
    I think everyone knows exactly what reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Guys, cut out the back and forth crap and move on with the discussion.
    Don't take this the wrong way but your 63 pages to late. this topic has been derailed in so many ways its not even funny.

The only things not talked about in this thread is "Consoles/Movies and Pokemon"

If there is anything we did learn in this thread its that The Cake Was A Lie.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    This is the same bubble you were sitting in when you lost the last two.

Watch less Fox "News".
    You've just made the fatal assumption without any information. You didn't even make an inference from the opening sentence. If you can't even accomplish that little in a reply than you have no business replying to me at all.

I don't care for either "party" I may care for one person over another but I opened by saying I don't believe in artificially designated titles. Now a reasonable rational and logical person would realize what that means. However, since you did not let me spell it out for you.

I do not believe in republicans, liberals, conservatives, democrats or whatever you'd like to label them. And I don't even own a cable television plan. Any inferences I make are based on reading articles from all three sides of the political debate. And based upon that inference I believe democrats are destroying themselves, just like the republicans will destroy themselves in the eight years after that.

It's a cycle and until we get a good president it will keep repeating itself. Now when your ready to step up to the big boy table where free thinkers are allowed, feel free to reply to me.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I think everyone knows exactly what reason.
    It doesn't seem to be common knowledge that the parties used to be flipped. Dems were the conservatives and Repubs were the liberals.

Whichever party the southern states belong to seems to be the one that becomes the most hardline.

It doesn't seem to be common knowledge that the parties used to be flipped. Dems were the conservatives and Repubs were the liberals.

Whichever party the southern states belong to seems to be the one that becomes the most hardline.
    Very true. Though history isn't a strong topic for a lot of people. Which is understandable. A review of the founding of the parties and they're stance over the past hundred years would be an interesting eye opener for a lot of people.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"