Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    15 year old girl to be whipped for being raped

    Full story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21595814

    Let the islands go under water with this attitude towards women/rape victims. Good example of why Islamic Shari'ah law is a bad thing?

  2. #2
    Why don't they, like, sew unmarried women's vaginae shut if premarital sex is so bad?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Why don't they, like, sew unmarried women's vaginae shut if premarital sex is so bad?
    In some countries they do. It's ridiculously cruel and often causes severe health problems.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    In some countries they do. It's ridiculously cruel and often causes severe health problems.
    That is really fucked up and barbaric.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Full story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21595814

    Let the islands go under water with this attitude towards women/rape victims. Good example of why Islamic Shari'ah law is a bad thing?
    I don't see how punishing the victims is a bad thing
    /end sarcasm

  6. #6
    The Patient Mehbooba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Middle Earth
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    In some countries they do. It's ridiculously cruel and often causes severe health problems.
    Really? Which countries do you mean?
    Funny Bunny

  7. #7
    Good thing religion is here to save us!

    ohwait...

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Full story here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21595814

    Let the islands go under water with this attitude towards women/rape victims. Good example of why Islamic Shari'ah law is a bad thing?
    Well it is an extreme punishment she isn't being whipped because of the Rape and impregnation by her Step Father. The article states it as a punishment from another matter. She still shouldn't be flogged but facts and accuracy are important.

    The government has also said they are looking into changing the law about per-martial sex. And she wouldn't serve the punishment until she turns 18 so she will likely never face the punishment if the government does indeed follow their word.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-27 at 08:20 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    In some countries they do. It's ridiculously cruel and often causes severe health problems.
    for real?you got me interested link something to support what you just said,cuz i never heard of such thing before

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisif View Post
    Really? Which countries do you mean?
    Very prevalent in Africa and some middle east countries. Its exactly how the second poster described it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

    Very nasty stuff.

    On topic, they said she would be beaten for engaging in premarital sex unrelated to her being raped. The good news is that she can choose to wait until she's 18 to take the flogging. Oh third world, you so crazy.

  11. #11
    Banned PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    The good news is that she can choose to wait until she's 18 to take the flogging. Oh third world, you so crazy.
    Because who would flog a minor? What kind of savages do you take them for, Alixie!?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Why don't they, like, sew unmarried women's vaginae shut if premarital sex is so bad?
    in some countries they do worse, they surgically remove either the clitoris, or another part of the vagina so that when women have sex they experience pain.

    They call it something alone the lines of the female version of a circumcision.

    its horrible, but in countries where religion is above the law of the land (or rather "is"), this is what happens.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Xnon22 View Post
    for real?you got me interested link something to support what you just said,cuz i never heard of such thing before
    Female circumcision (google the term at your own risk). You hear about it mostly in Africa.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Because who would flog a minor? What kind of savages do you take them for, Alixie!?
    Ikr? At least they're nice enough to wait til she's over her traumatic experience of being raped, impregnated, and having her baby killed by her stepfather to punish her for the sin of sex. If she's even "guilty".

    Seriously though, violence against women and girls saddens me greatly, but Ive read enough of these stories to not be surprised anymore. Shit wont get better for a loooong time, if ever.

    They call it something alone the lines of the female version of a circumcision.
    I had an anthropologist professor keep calling it that when the subject was briefly brought up in class. I wanted to punch her in the face for begin so friggen ignorant for someone that studies cultures of all things.

    Its NOT circumcision when the process removes the entire clitoris, labia, via razor blades, and sewing what's left of the vagina up save for a tiny hole. All for the sole reason to prevent women from enjoying sex and so her future husband will have a guaranteed virgin wife. He gets to cut her open just like a gift box too. The woman has to go through that proccess of cutting and sewing every time she gets pregnant again and again. Why the flying fuck is it SOOO IMPORTANT that women (only) be virgins until a man claims her? Its astounding how so many cultures value female virginity that high to create cruel punishments to enforce it.

    ^Okay I lied. I still get mad when I hear of this kinda bs violence against women.

  15. #15
    Scarab Lord Jevlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Where the Monocles live.
    Posts
    4,504
    Should we pretend that we're chocked over this completely unexpected behavior?
    Something, Something, Something, Dark Side.

  16. #16
    Banned PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    10,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Ikr? At least they're nice enough to wait til she's over her traumatic experience of being raped, impregnated, and having her baby killed by her stepfather to punish her for the sin of sex. If she's even "guilty".

    Seriously though, violence against women and girls saddens me greatly, but Ive read enough of these stories to not be surprised anymore. Shit wont get better for a loooong time, if ever.



    I had an anthropologist professor keep calling it that when the subject was briefly brought up in class. I wanted to punch her in the face for begin so friggen ignorant for someone that studies cultures of all things.

    Its NOT circumcision when the process removes the entire clitoris, labia, via razor blades, and sewing what's left of the vagina up save for a tiny hole. All for the sole reason to prevent women from enjoying sex and so her future husband will have a guaranteed virgin wife. He gets to cut her open just like a gift box too. The woman has to go through that proccess of cutting and sewing every time she gets pregnant again and again. Why the flying fuck is it SOOO IMPORTANT that women (only) be virgins until a man claims her? Its astounding how so many cultures value female virginity that high to create cruel punishments to enforce it.

    ^Okay I lied. I still get mad when I hear of this kinda bs violence against women.
    I don't understand it, either. If you're living in a situation where children are important (both for free labor and for the whole dowry/bride price thing), wouldn't you'd be more interested in a woman that's already had a kid or two? At least then you know she's survived childbirth already, and isn't barren.

    Honestly, picking a virgin out would be a hell of a gamble, IMO. What happens if she dies in childbirth, or worse, ends up being barren? Whoops, try again?

  17. #17
    How this nutcase religion hasnt yet destroyed itself is beyond me. Is there really no-one in there that thinks that punishing a rape victim is like.. you know.. fucked up?

    I just dont understand how these hives of evil like sharia and North korea havent yet devoured themselfs on their own filth and cruelty. Day after day we hear of all kinds of screwed up shit going on in those places and still they paddle on.

    Infracted: Please refrain from religion bashing.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-27 at 06:21 PM.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Howard Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    3,944
    But hey, culture preservation, open-mindedness, tolerance towards other perople's traditions and beliefs!!!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Holy Paladin (retired)

    "This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

  19. #19
    Welcome to humanity....isnt it a great thing? and even better, if a country was to step in and stop them from doing it, you'd all cry fascism and creating false wars...

  20. #20
    Herald of the Titans Ave07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    2,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Very prevalent in Africa and some middle east countries. Its exactly how the second poster described it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_cutting

    Very nasty stuff.

    On topic, they said she would be beaten for engaging in premarital sex unrelated to her being raped. The good news is that she can choose to wait until she's 18 to take the flogging. Oh third world, you so crazy.
    I was thinking that but the poster as if they really sewed vagina's shut which is really messed up but isn't the same as that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •