Deleted

[Fire] Glyph of Mirror Image

I know its a DPS increase to use Glyph of Mirror Image for Arcane, but what about fire? Is it a gain? Or maybe even a loss?

Deleted
    To my knowledge the loss/gain is so minimal that you should really bother about this.

Most of the time you'll be using more important glyph or situational ones depending on the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    For Fire I don't think it really makes any difference. Although, in 5.2. the Mirror Image Frostbolt is getting buffed so we'll have to do some tests again. For Arcane it's definitely a dps gain because the images go to 6 Charges and don't spend mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Things may have drastically changed since I last looked at this glyph, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The glyph is a DPS gain for Arcane, DPS neutral for Frost, and a DPS loss for Fire. The reason for this was that the Fireball they cast ends up taking too long and deals less overall damage than if they just spammed FrB and Fireblast.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Mirror image as a whole is the best dps per gcd (next to a combustion).

The only real reason why they are better as arcane, is that they increase damage with (your) arcane charges too.

It's still an overall gain for fire, as they will also take your Pyromaniac into consideration.

I've never tried it with frost, but I've heard that they take your frostbolt debuff into consideration.
    Last edited by spaace; 2013-02-25 at 05:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a minor glyph, and is well worth taking considering our options for minors. For Frost, we don't need the minor glyph as the mirror images default is frostbolt.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Mirror image as a whole is the best dps per gcd (next to a combustion).

The only real reason why they are better as arcane, is that they increase damage with (your) arcane charges too.

It's still an overall gain for fire, as they will also take your Pyromaniac into consideration.

I've never tried it with frost, but I've heard that they take your frostbolt debuff into consideration.
    Does the mirror images get stronger if you use the glyph + have 6 arcane charges up the moment you cast MI?

15+ Year Old Account
    I did a post on MI somewhere..

They basically copy you.. if you have buffs, they get them.. if you don't, neither do they.

Deleted
    Is glyphing mirror images still a dps gain for fire and arcane regarding this patch note:

Frostbolt cast by Mirror Images now deals 50% more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    Things may have drastically changed since I last looked at this glyph, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The glyph is a DPS gain for Arcane, DPS neutral for Frost, and a DPS loss for Fire. The reason for this was that the Fireball they cast ends up taking too long and deals less overall damage than if they just spammed FrB and Fireblast.
    False, for Fire they are a gain. Go to the dummies, and try one CD glyphed and one unglyphed and the glyphed one will do more damage (25-50k IIRC). Yeah it is minimal but still.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    False, for Fire they are a gain. Go to the dummies, and try one CD glyphed and one unglyphed and the glyphed one will do more damage (25-50k IIRC). Yeah it is minimal but still.
    did they happen to cast fireblast as they were summoned??

thought fire glyphed MI does less damage zzzz
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Did anyone test this with the new +50% to frost images? Is glyphed MI still worth it for fire?