[Music] Are you in a band? You share yours and I'l share mine!

So my band just finished our pre-production demo on a new track for our up-coming album and tour. This is not out in the public yet, it exists in a small part of the internet where only a few people know to look.

Well until I just posted it here.

The song is called "Define : Freedom"

https://soundcloud.com/bluelightride...define-freedom

Let me know what you think, don't be afraid to show your friends if you like it, and let me hear your music!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

15+ Year Old Account
    You serious? Don't you think it's kind of impudent of you to come here and brag with something...

...such amazing? :D really, that's great, I love it, even though it just started!

EDIT: finished it, I stand by my opinion!
    Last edited by Spray; 2013-02-25 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    You serious? Don't you think it's kind of impudent of you to come here and brag with something...

...such amazing? really, that's great, I love it, even though it just started!

EDIT: finished it, I stand by my opinion!
    I wasnt bragging, just showing! Thanks for your kind words though! Surprised so many views and nobody posting music, surely there has to be more musicians here on MMO champ?

not a bad thing trying to share your music everywhere and every way posible. we just recorded our first demo but i dont have the file else id put it here as well :P

about your song. good diversity. good buildup. just not my style. keep at it
    There is really no reason to get mad in a discussion. Unless u dont understand basic logic then rage away

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not in a band, but I play drums with a couple guys at the local bar for fun on the weekends. We don't have a name, we just do covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I'm not in a band, but I play drums with a couple guys at the local bar for fun on the weekends. We don't have a name, we just do covers.
    You own your own drumkit or play the kit at the venue? I used to go to a jam night every thursday with a group of guys who would all show up and share gear, play a bunch of covers over the night and get a few free drinks from the bar (since we we're providing entertainment). I've since moved towns but that was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You own your own drumkit or play the kit at the venue? I used to go to a jam night every thursday with a group of guys who would all show up and share gear, play a bunch of covers over the night and get a few free drinks from the bar (since we we're providing entertainment). I've since moved towns but that was great.
    They actually let me leave my own kit there so I'm not lugging it back and forth. I told them they could leave it out for other people to use, so it has kind of become the bar's kit. They pay for the upkeep though since it brings people in.

I used to be in a band that played for 85,000 about every two weeks in the fall.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    They actually let me leave my own kit there so I'm not lugging it back and forth. I told them they could leave it out for other people to use, so it has kind of become the bar's kit. They pay for the upkeep though since it brings people in.
    Ahh nice, there is a club in my old town that currently uses our PA system for that, we get to store it there and they get to use it provided they keep it in good shape and replace any damaged parts, speaker replacements etc. What drumkit do you play anyway?

Our drummer has a Ddrum kit, just like this one

Though it mostly gathers dust now as he's moved to an electronic kit with a Roland TD30

Deleted
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-laggspike

everything from funny stuff, to more serious stuff, i record everything my own, guitar, drums, bass etc

funny to see there are more out there playing

Quote Originally Posted by laggspike View Post
    https://soundcloud.com/dj-laggspike

everything from funny stuff, to more serious stuff, i record everything my own, guitar, drums, bass etc

funny to see there are more out there playing
    Your song "my life rock ver" reminds me of that song by Journey, found myself singing over it "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
    Took the midnight train going anywhere", catchy though. Some pretty good lead guitaring, tasteful and restrained in a sort of U2 Edge kinda way with some Noel Gallagher Oasis type leads, good stuff!.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh nice, there is a club in my old town that currently uses our PA system for that, we get to store it there and they get to use it provided they keep it in good shape and replace any damaged parts, speaker replacements etc. What drumkit do you play anyway?

Our drummer has a Ddrum kit, just like this one

[IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYuC0lGg57y195aZ8TJmO5WF2is3fYwC9Gr7bfCcR0K9bxRRUTug[IMG]

Though it mostly gathers dust now as he's moved to an electronic kit with a Roland TD30
    It's a 6 piece Avalon kit. Looks like this:

Don't officially have a band, but I do dabble in music production. I've kind of sort of got a band in the talks, but nothing real yet. I experiment a lot with many different genres. Just made a soundcloud account and uploaded a few demos/works in progress to be torn apart:

https://soundcloud.com/charles-rising

Tracks marked with "November Nothing" are songs to be done with my "band" if it ever goes anywhere. Tracks marked with "Synthetic Solace" are my own personal electronic experiments.

Everything there is very much a crude work in progress of something that I'd eventually like to do something with. I'll probably be adding a bunch of other works in progress later when I'm not at work. Got a couple interesting tracks at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Deleted
    Your song "my life rock ver" reminds me of that song by Journey, found myself singing over it "Just a small town girl, living in a lonely world
    Took the midnight train going anywhere", catchy though. Some pretty good lead guitaring, tasteful and restrained in a sort of U2 Edge kinda way with some Noel Gallagher Oasis type leads, good stuff!.
    aww so happy to hear! its a VERY old song for me, basickly the first song ever i learned on my guitar, and still trying to make it sound "right" today.. (8 years..) and i feel i can add some more to it haha

and yeah, about the "U2" thing, my girlfreid, and her freinds say the same!

but yeah, im VERY happy for comment like these, makes me want to grab the axe and just make more songs!

Post more of those pics on THIS thread!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."