View Poll Results: Worgen for

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horde

    43 15.99%
  • Alliance

    226 84.01%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    I dont agree and also its pretty useless to argue about it since they wont change factions on an already existing character. Not to mention the lore they created to go with it.

    In addition Im pretty annoyed that they just invent a new race out of basically thin air instead of working with the already existing lore. There are soooo many races they couldve gone with.... centaurs, gnolls, kobolds, murlocs, naga, nerubian, ogres, quillbors, satyrs, sporelings, tuskarr and the list goes on. It just seems to mess up the lore even more to make up new stuff as they go along instead of just using what they already got, which is quite frankly a lot.

    Although who I am kidding, the lore went straight to hell when the spaceship landed with the blue aliens. If that didnt say that they just dont care then what doesnt.

  2. #42
    To those that say that Worgen lore was changed in Cataclysm, even in Vanilla the people of Pyrewood were humans by day and worgen by night, hinting heavily that worgens were cursed humans.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Findulidas View Post
    Although who I am kidding, the lore went straight to hell when the spaceship landed with the blue aliens. If that didnt say that they just dont care then what doesnt.
    Whereas it was perfectly fine when an inter-dimensional space portal opened and green aliens invaded.

    As to the main question people should really stop with these sorts of posts because they are pointless. Worgen will never be Horde. Blood Elves will never be Alliance and Goblins will never be neutral. Just accept that the races have ended up where they have ended up, and I personally much prefer the variety offered by the current combinations than having all the pretty races on one side and all the monster races on the other.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Whereas it was perfectly fine when an inter-dimensional space portal opened and green aliens invaded.
    That diffrent, because orcs were and are very much inherent in the medival fantasy setting and so are portals. Not to mention since warcraft 1. Also they arent in any way presented as aliens very much unlike draenei, which blantantly starts out escaping from a planet with a spaceship. There just is no other way about it. Orcs only started out being seen as aliens from bc when draenei arrived.

    Spaceships filled with crystals, blue faced humanoids with tentacles in thier face arent part of the medival setting that wow was. They were added without warning for no apparent reason. They really shouldve done it diffrently.
    Last edited by Findulidas; 2013-02-25 at 12:10 PM.

  5. #45
    "Spaceships filled with crystals, blue faced humanoids with tentacles in thier face arent part of the medival setting that wow was. They were added without warning for no apparent reason. They really shouldve done it diffrently. "

    I think it was clear in Warcraft 2 with Gnomish Gyrocopters that Warcraft was moving beyond the classic medieval theme. Today it's just a smorgsbord of any fantasy or sci-fi concept blizzard can get away with, and it works extraordinarily well in providing us players with variety.

    I was there when there was massive speculation as to what the Alliance race was going to be as Blood Elves had debuted at Blizzcon with no sign of their Alliance counterparts (in hindsight it was likely because they had scrapped the Pandaren and had to start over, given that the Pandaren had no believable link to Outland). I remember the reaction to the Draenei being very positive at the time and I am still very fond of them.

    As for them being added in for no apparent reason, the Draenei were an established background element in lore from as far back as the wc2 manual I believe. They had a link to Outland. They were used to flesh out the Eredar. They also fulfilled the Alliance need for a big race and the Alliance need for an exotic race. To say they were added for no purpose is to elevate your own prejudice against them to the level of fact, rather than misguided opinion, and I believe your opinion is misguided because I have shown four or five areas at least as to where they do have a purpose.

  6. #46
    Stood in the Fire Hattai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    dwarfs <-> bloodelves
    plox
    Get out of my Alliance. Same goes for any other belf lovers, wanna roll a belf? roll Horde.

  7. #47
    Ugh, This has been around since Cata was announced. The idea of a "scary" looking race joining the Horde despite the fact that said "scary" people would leave a faction because said faction was not brutal enough to the Horde.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    As for them being added in for no apparent reason, the Draenei were an established background element in lore from as far back as the wc2 manual I believe. They had a link to Outland. They were used to flesh out the Eredar. They also fulfilled the Alliance need for a big race and the Alliance need for an exotic race. To say they were added for no purpose is to elevate your own prejudice against them to the level of fact, rather than misguided opinion, and I believe your opinion is misguided because I have shown four or five areas at least as to where they do have a purpose.
    While I can agree on the first part, this one just isnt true. They changed the demons in wc2 to being eredar afterwards and thats it. Before wc3 there were no draenei. In wc3 the draenei where the same as the broken. They didnt have spaceships, they were just some kind of bitter and poor race with wooden stuff. Nothing like the crystal flying blue tentacle faced paladins they are now.

    Also the dreanei where not overly positively recieved. Burning crusade was, not the race. Indeed if you say Im biased then so can you be since you yourself stated that you are very fond of them. I dont agree that the alliance desperately needed an exotic race and If so that role couldve easily been fulfilled with furbolgs. As I recall it alliance was infact the most numerous back in vanilla and unlike now the horde/alliance ratios on servers werent completely unbalanced.

    Really though this discussion has boiled down to who seems to like what so there is no point in going on. The race will still be there regardless.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Hattai View Post
    Get out of my Alliance. Same goes for any other belf lovers, wanna roll a belf? roll Horde.
    no i just want dwarfs and no bloodelves

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    no i just want dwarfs and no bloodelves
    Well tough! You can keep your poncy grape juice drinking elves!

    We love our beard sprites .

  11. #51
    Pandaren Monk GeordieMagpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    U.K,England, Newcastle
    Posts
    1,833
    Here's the problem, sure worgens are ferocious in build (Wolves)

    however...

    Horde consists of,The orcs who came and ruined their whole Continent, starting from Stormwind to attacking Lordaeron and Gilneas, the trolls and goblins were also involved in the 2nd war , then the Forsaken have took over lordaeron and continuously plague-bomb Gilneas in an attempt to kill everyone and take it.

    On the other hide, their allies

    The humans of stormwind, some originally of stormwind and some from lordaeron, not to mention Genn and Varian know each other personally.

    The Night-Elves who helped them with their curse and fought to get through it with them.

    The Dwarves/Gnomes who fought with them in the 2nd war.

    and Draenei's like everyone.

    Clearly, The alliance wins this one.
    Last edited by GeordieMagpie; 2013-02-25 at 02:08 PM.
    Howay the lads!

  12. #52
    You can have them. You can have every race. Just give me humans with Orc or Troll racials.

  13. #53
    Stood in the Fire KinKarasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Surrey, England
    Posts
    493
    Why would Worgen become Horde after what the Forsaken did to their homeland and Sylvanas killing the King's son?

    Fuuuurrrr~
    | [ Pokémon Fan since 1998 ] | [ Friend Code: 0576 - 4026 - 0524 ] | [ Psychic Gym Leader ] |

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by bandcamp16 View Post
    The Worgen will join the Horde when the Alliance stabs them in the back and the Horde is rid of orcs and the forsaken
    Except the if the horde were rid of Orcs and Forsaken their would be no need for a horde.
    Hell the only reason the bloodelves are in the horde is because sylvanas mind controlled a human commander into trying to execute them all.
    The Tuaren would of most likely sided with the Nightelves if it had not been for the aid they received from thrall.

    The goblins and Trolls would be kind of screwed, but the Trolls might follow the Orc's leaving the goblins/undead to fend for themselves.
    As for the Panda's well they regretted joining the horde from the beginning thanks to warchief asshat.

  15. #55
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,991
    Just lol at this. No OP, you can get gnomes and we get tauren as a trade. Deal?

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    And yet, they're probably the most played race Horde side. I have no facts on this, just going by what i tend to see the most.
    You are correct actually, hit up http://wow.realmpop.com/ and you'll see that the Horde player base actually love their Blood Elves, by a huge margin.

  17. #57
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Give us Orcs instead of Draenei and then we'll talk.

  18. #58
    Alliance, just because Worgens are savage, dont make them Horde, otherwise, Why blood elves aren't ally then?

  19. #59
    No thank you, worgen are ugly i dont want to have them in my groups just like i dont want gnomes female dwarves humans and dreanie which is the reason i chose horde

  20. #60
    Moderator LocNess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Indiana, United States
    Posts
    3,166
    I would have supported this pre-cata. Now that I know what they look like and the such, Alliance can keep 'em. They also can take Goblins, don't care for them.
    Battletag: Rhaegas#1141
    Armory: Valefaran
    "Call Kenny Loggins because you are in the Danger Zone"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •