269. This poll is closed
  • Horde

43 15.99%
  • Alliance

226 84.01%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    Wouldent it be cool if they was horde? A human/wolf race fighting for horde. Well ever since they announced worgen i wanted it for the horde!

So what do you think, horde or alliance?
    pre cata back when they were extradimenional werebeasts that fought the legion? sure.

post cata when almost all living worgen are former gilnean citizens who originally left the old alliance because they wanted to slaughter all the orcs and refused to give supplies to keep them alive? and who are now in a civil war against the forsaken? no chance in hell
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking, wouldn't it be sorta cool that someone developed a "strain" of the curse that affected a horde race? Either some alliance extremists looking to "punish" the horde, or the horde looking to harness the primal power that the worgen posses and BAM! orc worgen.

Also, I like the idea of some worgen making a "deal with the devil" with Sylvanas to reclain Gilneas. A la Godfrey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pre cata back when they were extradimenional werebeasts that fought the legion? sure.

post cata when almost all living worgen are former gilnean citizens who originally left the old alliance because they wanted to slaughter all the orcs and refused to give supplies to keep them alive? and who are now in a civil war against the forsaken? no chance in hell
    The pre-Cata "extradimensional werebeasts" would probably still fit better with the Alliance than the Horde mostly due to connections with the Night Elves, and a bestial race for the Alliance wouldn't hurt; the Blood Elves don't have the vibe of the rest of the Horde races yet they're still in the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde doesn't need puppies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldent it be cool if they was horde? A human/wolf race fighting for horde. Well ever since they announced worgen i wanted it for the horde!

If you had ever played through the Worgen starting zone, you'd have an idea of why the Worgen aren't likely to join the Horde willingly. Of course, if Sylvanas had them all killed and resurrected, then we'd talk Forsaken. The same Forsaken that attacked the Gilnean coast with a large fleet.

I'm sure the people of Lordaeron (forsaken) would love to have the Gilneans as their allies after they shut their big door and didn't wanna bother with anyone else. And I'm kinda disappointed that they're just werewolf'ish and not feral beasts from another world and so they're still very much humans, so they're not joining our Horde.

At least the goblins are still the same old crazy peeps.

No thanks, leave them at Alliance. Besides Gilneas HATED Horde and mistrusted Alliance. When forced to choose sides it gets pretty obvious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head

So the Orcs invaded Azeroth, Gilneas fought in the war and isolated themsleves afterwards. Then the Forsaken, who is a part of the Horde, attacks their city and deploys the plague to kill them.
    And you expect them to just turn to the Horde and said, "You know what, I know you savaged our beloved home, and killed those we love, you even killed our prince, but you know what, we forgive you, let's be friends."

Ain't gonna happen buddy, sorry to say it. Besides it makes more sense for them to be Alliance, and it's way cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    You can have them if we can have our Blood/High Elves back :P
    Bugger off - keep your manga toons, we'll take the Tauren!
    "The further a society drifts from the truth the more it will hate those who speak it" - George Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Alliance should get orcs trolls tauren forsaken goblin blood elf and pandas
    Horde should get humans, night elves, gnomes, dwarf, worgen and space goats.
    Garrosh hellscream for high king of the alliance !!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the horde stinks bad enough without the aid of puppy men chewing on their balls and pooping everywhere

Deleted
    No thanks, the ugliest race there is, they look like crap in any gear and have the worst animations of all the races.
    So with other words, the fit in nicely with the alliance

Deleted
    I hope that one day the darkfallen race would be playable, maybe in the horde, because if the alliance have werewolves i don't know why the horde can't have vampires.

in the comic Curse of the Worgen. The forsaken did take allegiance with the original worgens under the command of Ralaar Fangfire, known as Alpha Prime before the seige, the intent of the worgen under Ralaar was to pay service to the fall of Gilneas so he could locate and obtain the Scythe of Elune once more and prevent it being used against him and his army again.

Ralaars intent was to also obtain more for his army by infecting the gilneans, however it would be doubtful that Ralaar would have held true to the Forsaken and kept the alliance strong, though his main goal was to seek revenge on Malfurion and make him pay for his trickery on his pack - which could have mean an alliance with the horde would have proved useful to him.

But as the story goes in the game, the worgen infected were somehow saved their sanity and were able to break free of the control Ralaar would have had upon them, which means there was no way they could choose to go horde. The confusing part of this however is at the end of the questline Malfurion was accepting of the gilnean worgen and the druids. Which conflicts with the comic where Malfurion was so against the worgen and it's feral nature that he resorted to tricking Ralaar and his pack and forcing them into an eternal slumber in the emerald dream by using the Scythe of Elune against them. I read the comic before the worgen quest line came out, so this part of the story really confused me, I had expected Malfurion to had argued against allowing the worgen to reside in their backyard when they had been attacked by their own kinds in the worgen form in the past.

worgen for the alliance!

Worgen... maybe. Gilneans... not so much.

I have no problem with them being alliance, BUT if we could swap them for goblins... (I would do it in a heart beat)

Worgens are an ancient human kingdom that was allied with the Alliance, Sylvanas murdered their prince and tried to wipe them off the map like twice while Varian accepted them back in the alliance and Night Elves gave them a home when Gilneas became unhabitable because of the Forsaken plague.

There's literally absolutly and totally no reason for them to ever even consider joining the Horde unless you retcon 95% of their lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see why they need to be swapped. Gilneas is a staunchly Alliance realm, and the Gilneans are probably one of the most civilised human cultures. Even though they can transform into savage beasts, they are no less polished than the blood elves outside of those forms. So why would they, who thought the old Alliance wasn't harsh enough on the orcs, suddenly turn around and join the Horde? Because they "look" savage" in Worgen form? They're a bunch of Victorian tea-sippers, what on earth would they find in common with any of the Horde races barring the blood elves? I don't think the blood elves (or indeed, the Forsaken) belong in the Horde, but the Worgen do not either.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 11:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Diver 1980 View Post
    I hope that one day the darkfallen race would be playable, maybe in the horde, because if the alliance have werewolves i don't know why the horde can't have vampires.
    I would be happy with that but you can already make blood elf DKs look like Darkfallen, however with Lana'thel dead, sadly they appear to be extinct. If anything, I wish Blizzard had played more on the demonic nature of blood elves, and allowed them to shift into a felblood form. Alas, they took the fel away.

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Well tough! You can keep your poncy grape juice drinking elves!

We love our beard sprites .
    All the Alliance races are "poncy" in one way or another, dwarves included. The blood elves are no more "poncy" than any of the Alliance's other races, especially not in their TFT representation.

Most existing Alliance races detest the Horde, usually due to the orcs. None of them, and especially the dwarves, would ever join it. Even the addition of the blood elves to the Horde was done out of sheer desperation.
    Last edited by Zathrendar; 2013-03-03 at 12:00 PM.

They have no connection to the Horde whatsoever. Not even in their previous iteration as extradimensional creatures.