Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I give you a 2/10.

OT: You are an ass.

Wait it applies both ways !

Quote Originally Posted by Kalanu View Post
    I don't believe for a second that the story is true. It makes absolutely no sense. What you are intending is Muslim bashing.
    Also I doubt very much that a Middle Eastern Male or south European male would ever punch one of your parents in the face. That is one of the ugliest things you can every do.
    And if anyone did, lets say out of self defense, they would be ashamed by it and would NOT talk about it on a forum.
    I have middle eastern acquaintances who are gay, and who had (have) a very difficult time, they are in permanent internal conflict with themselves and their family.
    What part makes no sense? He didn't like his controlling and regressive parents, so he left.

Why would someone be ashamed of their self-defence? Do you just fancy victim-blaming?

It's funny, you said you were 18 and an adult, but I don't see anywhere in your post where you actually behaved like an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    What part makes no sense? He didn't like his controlling and regressive parents, so he left.

Why would someone be ashamed of their self-defence? Do you just fancy victim-blaming?
    Because it's his first post, he just registered, and it's a volatile topic. Religion talk isn't allowed on the forums. Please put the pieces together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    I'm going to have to say yes.

Mostly because regardless of the actions of your family, you should of at least talked to them like an adult and express yourself in a rational matter. Otherwise it makes you look incredibly childish in the whole (atheism is really hip and cool and anti society) kind of way that has cropped up more and more. Now I'm not saying that the very conservative and religious views of your family is in the right, that I cannot say. What I can say is that you were being a jerk and I hope you grow from this by someone giving you an honest response. Also it should note, if ever in your life you act in a way that after the fact you can't help but think "Did I do something wrong ?" you likely at least handled the situation in a terrible way.

Lastly even if you hate them for everything they stand for, they likely still love you.

Honestly the fact that I even have to explain these things makes me laugh, people should learn emotional intelligence.
    Atheism is really hip and cool and anti society? Really? It's a fad? Nothing to do with the avalanche of evidence that there is no invisible sky gods and people are more free to think what they want instead of being under the crushing pressure of a religious boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Atheism is really hip and cool and anti society? Really? It's a fad? Nothing to do with the avalanche of evidence that there is no invisible sky gods and people are more free to think what they want instead of being under the crushing pressure of a religious boot?
    I like how a post like this doesn't get modded but if someone trash-talked an atheist in the same fashion they'd be modded.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post

There was no Self Defense mentioned in the story. A child should NEVER EVER punch a parent in the face!
    And check it out, it was his first post + newly registered. The whole story stinks to high heaven!

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I like how a post like this doesn't get modded but if someone trash-talked an atheist in the same fashion they'd be modded.
    Wow thank you sooo much! Ive been wanting to say that for a long time, just haven't had the courage. Afraid of getting banned.
    Im really happy someone feels the same way i do on this forum. The hypocrisy here is very ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    How am I trash talking exactly?

There was no Self Defense mentioned in the story. A child should NEVER EVER punch a parent in the face!
    And check it out, it was his first post + newly registered. And the whole story stinks to high heaven!
    that's BS, if you got a fucking psychopath of a parent like this dude claims, you better damn believe it's ok to punch them. i slapped the shit out of my mother once because she was drunk and acting foolish. he is perfectly in the right for doing what he did, if he did it.

I don't believe for a second that the story is true. It makes absolutely no sense. What you are intending is Muslim bashing.
    Also I doubt very much that a Middle Eastern Male or south European male would ever punch one of your parents in the face. That is one of the ugliest things you can every do.
    And if anyone did, lets say out of self defense, they would be ashamed by it and would NOT talk about it on a forum.
    I have middle eastern acquaintances who are gay, and who had (have) a very difficult time, they are in permanent internal conflict with themselves and their family.
    It is ridiculous to assume that every Middle Eastern guy is like that. Also, I was born in Pakistan, which isn't even in the Middle East.

Alot of people seem to be thinking that I am a troll because I joined today. Think what you want, I am not gonna bother to try and convince you that this really happened.If you really think that I am a troll then just ignore this thread and move on. Report me if you feel like you have to. I don't care one way or the other. Just stop whining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Honestly... I don't believe this story actually happened.

It just sounds too much like the "perfect storm" of events and too well-thought out of a short narrative to seem real...

Either way, regardless of it being truthful or not - the point is still true that any family who pushes massive agendas should be rebelled against.
    Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. But to remain on topic, unless you like the strict rules of any family setting, rebel if you don't like it.

Closing, since this is just a copy/paste from other places on the internet.