Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    http://www.article.com.ng/news/so-ki...ge-in-nigeria/




    So, basicly, a porn star (and I'm kinda' using an euphemism here, she's a whore), 'celebrity' wannabe gets payed an obscene sum of money for basically nothing, while people are starving in the "streets".
    What the f*** is wrong with our world? Are there any morals left?
    Discuss.
    i'm sorry but if you think this is fucked up look at what some ceo earn on bonusses while saying there compony is doing so bad and take money from normal hard working people instead. in the netherland the ceo of the sns bank gave him self 1,6mil euros over the past 2 years. just to find out the goverment needed to buy the bank. and there will always be rich and poor people.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    i'm sorry but if you think this is fucked up look at what some ceo earn on bonusses while saying there compony is doing so bad and take money from normal hard working people instead. in the netherland the ceo of the sns bank gave him self 1,6mil euros over the past 2 years. just to find out the goverment needed to buy the bank. and there will always be rich and poor people.
    1.6 million euros for 2 years of work vs. $500,000 for 45 seconds of 'work'.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    You shouldn't feel obligated to give up everything you have, but paying $649 to see Kim Kardashian for 45 seconds when you're in a country full of people that desperately need money? I know I'm exaggerating, but come on. That kind of wealth gap just can't be justified.
    It wasn't that much money to see Kim Kardashian for 45 seconds. It was for http://www.afritickets.com/site/even...-LIKE-A-MOVIE/ Kim Kardashian was only hired to host the red carpet event and to attend it. She did that and did more the 45 seconds of it.

    Why should people be attacked for spending their money on something they want to? Why can't they spend money on entertainment just because someone in their country is starving? How do you know that the people that bought tickets also don't give a lot to charity? How much of your money do you give to charity?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2013-02-25 at 07:29 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    "pennies a day can save a child in africa"

    literally THOUSANDS of children's lives could have been turned around with that money... this isn't just about the absurd amount of money thrown around in US media... this is about money that COULD have stayed within the local government and been spent on necessities that are being outsourced to foreign humanitarian funds...

    Although, I just gotta say.. props to Kim for taking that email from the Nigerian Prince seriously and getting her half million dollars. I'm still waiting on mine. =/
    just because the a fund raising company says they could save 1 child for a 1 dollar doesn't mean it is happening.
    if you see what ceo's of fund raising companys earn you will not even give them 1 penny. and in the netherland there was a fund raining companys for every euro they got they invest 1,25 euro. now tell me how can you invest someting you didn't even earn?

  5. #45
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    1.6 million euros for 2 years of work vs. $500,000 for 45 seconds of 'work'.
    It wasn't 45 seconds of work, but who cares about facts right?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It wasn't 45 seconds of work, but who cares about facts right?
    Was it anything close to the ratio of work to money that the CEO has?

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  7. #47
    Starting to think rhorle is a member of the Kardashian family...

  8. #48
    Herald of the Titans Valarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cymru
    Posts
    2,877
    I don't particularly care what she's doing, or being paid but to the people defending her morals:

    Don't be so fucking naive.. You really think that sextape was leaked? She's a whore - FACT. She knows what she's doing.

  9. #49
    Bloodsail Admiral Hextor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    1,072
    loki504, I totally see your point, but there are major differences. A CEO has responsibility over the lifetime savings of hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people and some thousands of jobs in his bank. He has higher education and a deep understanding of economy.
    We could argue he's overpayed, but we're talking about a private business. And I don't hear about people in Netherlands dying by the thousands everyday - cause of hunger or diseases that the rest of the world cured decades ago (not to mention civil war).
    Last edited by Hextor; 2013-02-25 at 07:37 AM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    http://www.article.com.ng/news/so-ki...ge-in-nigeria/




    So, basicly, a porn star (and I'm kinda' using an euphemism here, she's a whore), 'celebrity' wannabe gets payed an obscene sum of money for basically nothing, while people are starving in the "streets".
    What the f*** is wrong with our world? Are there any morals left?
    Discuss.
    Welcome to real life. People have been paid obscene sums of money basically for ages, while people are starving in the "streets". It's NOT something that you can only see in Nigeria. Btw, it was also you here being immoral making a disgraceful statement about someone who seems to get easy money for doing almost nothing (nothing says that she won't put it to charity etc.) And yeah, it's not like there's a pimp involved for having sex so why call her a whore? Everyone knows you're trying to put a trash-label on her with that comment. She can do with her body what ever the hell she wants and you can only cry about it trough internet and put idiotic and emotionally poor intelligent judgements about other people. Go and get laid more often and grow up while doing it.
    Last edited by silverequinox; 2013-02-25 at 07:39 AM.

  11. #51
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    923
    Yeah it sucks, but if that's what people who have the money want to do with it then it's there call. I can guarantee that if you had $500,000 you wouldn't spend every penny on feeding everyone who's hungry in the world.

    It doesn't work like that i'm afraid.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral Hextor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    1,072
    The 'pimp' was eventually revealed to be her mother by the media. My 'judgement' is a well known fact.
    Personal attacks are the new decisive arguments... I'm gonna go get laid and grow up now :/
    Last edited by Hextor; 2013-02-25 at 07:49 AM.

  13. #53
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    We could argue he's overpayed, but we're talking about a private business.
    This was a private business that hired a celebrity for one of their company events. If its okay for private businesses to over pay their employee's then why is it an issue her? Just because it happened in a country where people starve? Thousands are starving every day in the United States. Its a fact of life. That doesn't mean that it is immoral to spend money, and large sums of money, on things you want to.

    For all you know the company that hired Kim also donated money to help the people of Nigeria. Do you know that they didn't? If you had 500,00 dollars would you spend it all helping people? Or would you spend it on the things you want?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It wasn't that much money to see Kim Kardashian for 45 seconds. It was for http://www.afritickets.com/site/even...-LIKE-A-MOVIE/ Kim Kardashian was only hired to host the red carpet event and to attend it. She did that and did more the 45 seconds of it.

    Why should people be attacked for spending their money on something they want to? Why can't they spend money on entertainment just because someone in their country is starving? How do you know that the people that bought tickets also don't give a lot to charity? How much of your money do you give to charity?
    I said that I was exaggerating. I know that it wasn't just her on stage for 45 seconds.

    My point is that holding events for rich people where you're paying celebrities $500,000 for 45-second appearances have no place in a country with socioeconomics as fucked up as Africa. It's hard to draw the line at a specific point, but the situation is so overwhelmingly bad in Africa that this sort of thing is just unreasonable.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-25 at 07:48 AM.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Starting to think rhorle is a member of the Kardashian family...
    By that logic I'm a bunch of things that I'm not.

    Bergtau's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability that somebody will mention Godwin's Law approaches 1.
    Hitler wasn't all bad, I mean, he DID kill Hitler.
    An accident is something that you did not mean to do at all. A mistake is something that you regret doing.

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral Hextor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    This was a private business that hired a celebrity for one of their company events. If its okay for private businesses to over pay their employee's then why is it an issue her?
    That certain private business has responsibility over people's lives, actually. In a country that fares very well compared to Nigeria. It's hard to draw the line, as Eats Compost said, but it's not the same situation.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    The 'pimp' was eventually revealed to be her mother by the media. My 'judgement' is a well known fact.
    Personal attacks are the new decisive arguments... I'm gonna go get laid and grow up now :/
    Still stating her a whore when obviously she's a victim of pimping and abuse of her mother as you clearly have said is a double standard that burns your grounding for asking "do people have moral" when yourself aren't acting like one. In many perspects we're all whores, but we don't go out and call people with such low statements as we don't call people "niggers" since it has original means of inequality among people. Also, if you could get 5000$ for loosing your virginity would you be ready be treated like trash for the rest of your life after it? Afterall sex is natural and incomings are a good thing and even better if youself enjoy and want it?

  18. #58
    Dreadlord Harmonious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    My point is that holding events for rich people where you're paying celebrities $500,000 for 45-second appearances have no place in a country with socioeconomics as fucked up as Africa. It's hard to draw the line at a specific point, but the situation is so overwhelmingly bad in Africa that this sort of thing is just unreasonable.
    I'm assuming it wasn't the government who paid for the visit, as far as I can tell it was people's own personal wealth that financed it. In that case it's not their responsibility to be feeding the poor. If it was the government who paid for it then fair enough I can see the point, but at the end of the day $500,000 isn't a lot and wouldn't go a long way to feeding all the poor in the country, it's a tiny amount.

  19. #59
    Can any one of you honestly say you wouldn't take that kind of money for 45 mins of easy work if it were offered to you?

  20. #60
    Not sure how I can say this,

    Try as we might, Africa can not be saved by throwing money at it. History has shown this.

    I've always wondered if we need a certain threshold for people to care though.

    If 1,10,100,1000 or 10,000 people are starving should we help ? What about people dying ?
    Maybe as long as these people die or starve in small no's we won't notice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •