1. #1

    need some help with ww monk

    hiya ppl i am in some need of help with my ww monk i got some dps problems.
    the guild is doing a clean sweep getting rid of the (bad) players for faster/better progress and there expecting me to do a minimal of 90k dps on each fight
    and my question is it doable for me?

    and any of u got some tips how to min/max my dps?
    and is my gear enchanted/gemmed correctly?


    my UI: http://prntscr.com/tyhfe
    my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%AEty/simple

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Brewjin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bristol,CT
    Posts
    97
    Your gear is defenetly good to break 90k plus but you gemming into pure haste! That's a nono you should gem full agi in red and agi/hit in blue and agi/haste or crit in yellow! You have to get that attack power alot higher and ur crit is very low for you gear.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewslee View Post
    Your gear is defenetly good to break 90k plus but you gemming into pure haste! That's a nono you should gem full agi in red and agi/hit in blue and agi/haste or crit in yellow! You have to get that attack power alot higher and ur crit is very low for you gear.
    hmm mr robot tells me pure haste is better for some reason O.o and is it an easy 90k break or need to push it

    got any tips aswell about the rotation or if anythings wrong with my spec?

  4. #4
    Biggest tip : Don't use AskMrRobot retardly, don't just use their stat weights are they are so wrong. Get to around 4k haste then reforge to crit. Gemming Agi in red, agi/hit in blue and agi/haste or crit in yellow but NEVER straight haste.

    Looking at your gear you can at least pull 105-110k with that gear.
    Last edited by Miuh; 2013-02-24 at 10:49 AM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Biggest tip : Don't use AskMrRobot retardly, don't just use their stat weights are they are so wrong. Get to around 4k haste then reforge to crit. Gemming Agi in red, agi/hit in blue and agi/haste or crit in yellow but NEVER straight haste.

    Looking at your gear you can at least pull 105-110k with that gear.
    do u happen to know the correct stat weights for ww monk? so i can change it on robot
    and i got almost 7k haste atm so i got like 3k tomuch ?
    Last edited by Xtremerr; 2013-02-24 at 11:04 AM.

  6. #6
    like he said, 4k should be fine. enough to where you're not energy starved yet not so much that you cap out. stat weights are gonna change some with 5.2 as well, so keep an eye out for that. mastery will be looking pretty strong.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Looking at your gear you can at least pull 105-110k with that gear.
    No, don't throw with numbers that are FAR FAR off. It's impossible to pull 105k with an ilvl 489 WW under normal conditions, not even on a dummy not even close. To me those numbers made up and total bullocks.
    I stand corrected if you show me prove of your numbers.

    Brewtalitly should be able to pull 87k - 89k consistent on bossfights, given all dps increasing buffs are available and his skill is somewhere between great and awesome.

    If you're guild is asking 90k consistent from you with your current gear you going to have a difficult job.
    Last edited by Sersel; 2013-02-24 at 11:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I don't celebrate National Native Americans Welcomed Us With Open Arms and Helped Us Survive the First Winter That We Were Woefully Unprepared For and We Repaid Them By Taking Their Lands, Raping Their Women and Murdering Them Day....
    Several Indian tribes see this holiday as the beginning of a process by which they tragically lost their land, and their population was decimated. Every year Indians come together in Plymouth to commemorate their "national day of mourning."

  8. #8
    ok changed my gems and reforged a bit with reforgelite i am at 3.6k haste now
    @Sersel my gm been doing some sims and this is what he got file:///C:/Users/Linebarrel/Pictures/brewtality.html (this is when i had 7k haste almost)
    and this 1 with alot of crit and 3.6k haste ( file:///C:/Users/Linebarrel/Pictures/brewtalityy.html )

    and i use these weights on reforgelite http://prntscr.com/tyssj it still wants me to go above the 4k haste that i tell him to go/stay on,so i am confused and in need of serious help/detailed info about how to fix the reforge cuz now everything seems to be getting worse instead of better :P

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 02:19 PM ----------

    any1 here that can shine some light on this and help me out ?
    Last edited by Xtremerr; 2013-02-24 at 11:58 AM.

  9. #9
    Use the advanced mode and put stat weights in, reforgelite has been buggy for me for haste cap.

    BTW your pictures are on your computer you have to upload them so we can seen them (http://imgur.com is a good one)
    And don't forget that even if you are around 4.1k haste it doesn't matter, you have to be confident on the amount of haste you want (some people go for 3.5k some closer to 5k).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Use the advanced mode and put stat weights in, reforgelite has been buggy for me for haste cap.

    BTW your pictures are on your computer you have to upload them so we can seen them (http://imgur.com is a good one)
    And don't forget that even if you are around 4.1k haste it doesn't matter, you have to be confident on the amount of haste you want (some people go for 3.5k some closer to 5k).
    could you tell me the stat weights? cuz i got no clue what they are

  11. #11
    Well the stat weight depends on your gear, you should try doing a Simcraft with your char, it will give you an idea of your stat weights.

  12. #12
    Moderator Alysmera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    748
    Problem is that simC values haste differently than crit, since mathematically haste > crit due to haste being more valuable point-for-point (425 haste vs. 600 crit for 1%).

    Generally speak, however, haste and crit are roughly similar as far as stat weights go. I personally (at least, previously) have used 1.3 for haste and 1.33 for crit, though my weights have recently changed with upgrades (both are slightly more valuable for me). I usually use WoW reforge and set them that way, and add a haste cap of ~4.2k (I've found it's mathematically impossible for me to get too far below that with my gear - plus, WoW Reforge is a bit buggy with upgraded items).

    Mine typically looks something like this. Obviously you can edit stat weights or move the haste up/down (and you'll want to use your own character, NOT mine )

    Also, OP, I can see where you can probably grab a few upgrades via crafted pieces. Chestguard of Nemesis is 496 and itemized very closely with Chestguard of Instant Petrification. There are also 496 crafted gloves that you can use. It may not help much - but it should help some. I picked up a Nemesis chestguard around the drop of 5.2 since I still only had a rep chest for around 40K, but it should be lower by now. You should also consider purchasing the 496 ring from Dominance Offensive to relpace your 470, in addition to DO's 496 belt. There are actually a few different VP pieces you could use, including some of the 489s.

  13. #13
    well i got some new gear now and did some reforges does it look alright now or still bad?

  14. #14
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtremerr View Post
    ok changed my gems and reforged a bit with reforgelite i am at 3.6k haste now
    @Sersel my gm been doing some sims and this is what he got file:///C:/Users/Linebarrel/Pictures/brewtality.html (this is when i had 7k haste almost)
    and this 1 with alot of crit and 3.6k haste ( file:///C:/Users/Linebarrel/Pictures/brewtalityy.html )

    and i use these weights on reforgelite http://prntscr.com/tyssj it still wants me to go above the 4k haste that i tell him to go/stay on,so i am confused and in need of serious help/detailed info about how to fix the reforge cuz now everything seems to be getting worse instead of better :P

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 02:19 PM ----------

    any1 here that can shine some light on this and help me out ?
    If you want to show files on your pc to someone on the internet, you need to upload them somewhere, so they can access it. A local path like c:/users/blabla is useless to us as we dont have your harddrive. :P

    Try www.imgur.com or similar!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sersel View Post
    No, don't throw with numbers that are FAR FAR off. It's impossible to pull 105k with an ilvl 489 WW under normal conditions, not even on a dummy not even close. To me those numbers made up and total bullocks.
    I stand corrected if you show me prove of your numbers.

    Brewtalitly should be able to pull 87k - 89k consistent on bossfights, given all dps increasing buffs are available and his skill is somewhere between great and awesome.

    If you're guild is asking 90k consistent from you with your current gear you going to have a difficult job.
    With 2 510 weapons you can pull 95-100k easily, and 105k if he is good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •