Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reason to cap valor points for 5.2 for Fury warriors?

I've scanned through the level 522 valor gear and there seems to be nothing exciting. I might just get the legs for 2250 points because the ring and trinket do not look appealing at all. Anyone else think we are better off upgrading our current gear?

I think that a couple items would be worth it, but that's from a guy who doesn't do normal mode so I haven't looked much at that.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    I've scanned through the level 522 valor gear and there seems to be nothing exciting. I might just get the legs for 2250 points because the ring and trinket do not look appealing at all. Anyone else think we are better off upgrading our current gear?
    Haven't done the exact math but depending on what ilvl items you have, the added strength and general stat budget may make up for the worse itemisation.

15+ Year Old Account
    same thing as usual.
    if you are full hc and maybe even upgraded geared (~515ish), 522 normal loot may only be a minor upgrade. but with a gear like this, chances are that you will clear normal mode in the first reset anyways, and afterwards it's all 535 heroic gear anyways.

if you are full normal geared with some upgrades (~500ish), 522 normal most likely will be upgrades, even if the secondary stats are not optimal.

oh and just saying, the amulet is neutral reputation, so that is basically a free 522 epic, I'd save AT LEAST 1250 valor points for patchday.

and afterall, blizzard stated more than once that valor gear is most likely designed to help non-hardcore-kill-all-in-first-ID-raiders to gear up more quickly if they desire to, but it is not in any way mandatory to be successful.

The ring, bracers, gloves, legs and belt are all pretty well itemized for fury at least. Ring and bracer could be available the first week depending on how much rep you get from bosses, and both could take a while to replace, at least in 10man. The gloves and legs are available at honored so for many people they prob won't be an option if they already have hc and/or tier pieces. Knowing my luck though, I have a feeling I'll be buying at least 4 pieces of valor gear while waiting for better things to drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Bracers are crit/exp, considering the BiS bracers for t14 are hit/mastery these are a pretty decent upgrade while waiting for the correctly itemised random bracers to drop.

I probably wouldn't valor cap as a warrior but I would try to be at least 2k. The Neutral neck is meh for warriors but the Friendly Ring and Bracers are nice for the Crit on them. Depends on how fast trash will get you to 2999/3000 Neutral for the one boss kill you need to get Friendly.

Yes, you should valor cap. I'll most likely be getting the ring and bracers @ friendly ASAP.

I'm going to try and sit at 2k on patch day so that I can 'cap' the 1st week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming I get a 2nd one hander before the patch, I'll be upgrading that and have 750 valor going in. Bracers will be first buy, followed by ring. I won't be too interested in the necklace right off, but might get it third, unless I get the heroic garalon necklace in the next week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
    I'm going to try and sit at 2k on patch day so that I can 'cap' the 1st week.
    Just curious, why not get 3000 before the patch instead of 2000? You can still get your 1000 points the first week of the patch.
    The Raid rep has a reward at neutral. Which as most rewards often do, cost more than 1000 points to buy.

So assuming you had 3k going into the patch, after getting your neutral reward item which i think is 1250 points, you would now have 1750, and would now have 1750 points, and after capping for the week you would end on 2750. Where as if you went in with 2000, you would have 750, and at the end of the week be at 1750.

That would make it much easier to pick up your next upgrade as you had more points. This is still true if the neutral reward item costs more than 1250 points.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Just curious, why not get 3000 before the patch instead of 2000? You can still get your 1000 points the first week of the patch.
    The Raid rep has a reward at neutral. Which as most rewards often do, cost more than 1000 points to buy.

So assuming you had 3k going into the patch, after getting your neutral reward item which i think is 1250 points, you would now have 1750, and would now have 1750 points, and after capping for the week you would end on 2750. Where as if you went in with 2000, you would have 750, and at the end of the week be at 1750.

That would make it much easier to pick up your next upgrade as you had more points. This is still true if the neutral reward item costs more than 1250 points.
    I'd assume because the necklace isn't that great, especially if one already has the heroic garalon necklace. Thus, any valor past 2k is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    I'd assume because the necklace isn't that great, especially if one already has the heroic garalon necklace. Thus, any valor past 2k is wasted.
    If you're at the valor cap you won't earn any extra valor towards your 1k weekly cap, or so I've heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If you're at the valor cap you won't earn any extra valor towards your 1k weekly cap, or so I've heard.
    Yes, but you also won't have anything to spend it on, meaning it's effectively wasted since you can't spend it.

Deleted
    These are the things most of players will go for most probably(who have cleared heroic Will of The Emperor for trinket)

Item Level Name Primary Stat Secondary stat 1 Secondary stat 2 Valor Cost
    522 Band of The Shado-pan Assault Strength Haste 645 (1.52%) Crit 467 (0.78%) 1250 Valor Points
    522 Bonecrusher Bracers Strength Crit 613 (1.02%) Expertise 522 (1.54%) 1250 Valor Points

You can also buy this trinket at friendly.

Name Passive Bonus Proc Bonus Valor Cost
    Brutal Talisman of The Shado Pan Assault Expertise Rating 1467 (4.31%) Strength 8800 1750
    Last edited by mmoc653cdc43e9; 2013-02-26 at 07:47 AM. Reason: wat

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post

Sorry I'm getting back so late. What you said is very viable, and in fact I should probably do that. It's just pretty much as others have effectively said, I won't have much to spend it on. I'm weighing capping vs getting a last minute item upgrade and sitting at 2250. The neck is a tangible upgrade for my position, so it does sound like a way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone have any clue how long it takes to get friendly with shadow pan? I'd get the necklace right off, and bracers/ring next week. (3750 valor costs, I'll have 3k going in if it's this week, and just take the 250 valor loss if I can get friendly within a week if it drops the 12th instead, instead of upgrading a piece of gear and going in with 2250 valor.)

I'm curious about that trinket too, it gives ~586 crit through reforging. Guess it depends on the ICD, which I'm assuming is 75 seconds. So 15/75 seconds uptime or 1/5th for an average of 1760 str. So 586 crit+880 expertise and 1760 average strength? Seem's pretty solid over skullrender medallion. But that means getting the neck/trinket first and waiting an extra week to get the bracers and another to get the ring.

So option one: Go in with 3k valor, and get the necklace- down to 1750 valor. Get friendly that same week, and cap valor, get trinket. Down to 1k valor. Wait another week, and get bracers, end week 2 with 750 valor. Get ring week 3, 500 valor.

Option two: Go in with 2250 valor, having upgraded my 1hander in bags once in case I get a one hander first week. Buy necklace and bracers week one, end with 750 valor. Get ring week two, end with 500 valor.

Option three: go in with 3k valor, and get the necklace first, and bracers/ring after friendly. End week with 250 valor. Do nothing week two, and get trinket or something else week three.

Now, this assumes that friendly can be reached in a week. I'm going to assume it can be. Personally, I'm leaning towards what would be my option three.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-02-27 at 07:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Does anyone have any clue how long it takes to get friendly with shadow pan?
    Rumours say it takes roughly day (if you can clear first boss at new raid) to reach friendly with Shado-Pan assault.

Do you *start* at neutral with Shado-Pan Assault, or do you start below that and have to work to neutral? If you start at neutral then I think you definitely want to be at 3k on patch day. If you have to do some questing to get to neutral you may waste valor if you're already capped.

Anybody know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    Do you *start* at neutral with Shado-Pan Assault, or do you start below that and have to work to neutral? If you start at neutral then I think you definitely want to be at 3k on patch day. If you have to do some questing to get to neutral you may waste valor if you're already capped.

Anybody know?
    I doubt you start at any type of "unfriendly" rep, so yes you'd start at neutral, and need 3k to get to friendly.