Screw Liquid Cooling...

... I want this!

The stuff it's submerged in goes for around $250 a gallon and is called Novec 7000. It boils around 35c, so it's perfect for cooling minus heat sinks. The processor they have under full load is a first gen i3, it maxes out at 50c with one exhaust fan! Extremely impressive with no heat sink, and I'm sure if they even had a stock cooler on it, the temperatures would be incredible.

Also it apparently isn't the absolute mess that mineral oil is, and dries relatively fast with no gunkyness afterwards.

/want
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    /hipster glasses

I did submersion cooling before youtube was popular.

Mineral oil definitely is a pain in the arse, but it was fun to do. And I made a fishtank into a computer!
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    and messy cleaning afterwards i bet chazus? :P

but yeh the project is cool damn it's so expensive

The results are allready damn impressive but i'm wondering if the temps would be lower granted using some less dyi parts (meaning the tape mostly ) since while tape does seal pretty well there's allways going to be some leakage so the return condensation isn't optimal (granted it can never be optimall but i think it would make the overall more efficient)
    Last edited by mmoc6959c42593; 2013-02-25 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I'd love to see this fully developed using a SLI or Crossfire setup with some bad ass lighting. Millions of tiny bubbles with color-shifting LEDs anyone?
    Just buy a HAF, pretty much the same effect.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Looks awesome but... i doubt i would bother XD Looks like it takes hell a lot of maintenance

Deleted
    well only the refilling would be messy with the current setup but with better closure of no sticky tape you wouldn't need to refill that much. my p4 is stuck with a zalman Z1 cooler tower (worst decision ever but i got it for almost no money so /meh) and only reason i needed to refill that sucker was due to paint clovering off on the inside (washing a tower 1/3rd of your size aint fun i can tell ya that) if not for that i could pretty much leave it unrefilled for about a half year to a year

And granted that water doesn't return as good as that stuff to liquid form i don't think there would be too much maintenance going on ^^

Hahaha, I actually did that with a 30L aquarium and alot of babyoil like 12 years ago. It was interesting tbh, but it sure was messy. Great cooling though but I still would prefer the much cleaner custom watercooling loops to that.

If only someone would make a submerge specialized case it would certainly be more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    If only someone would make a submerge specialized case it would certainly be more interesting.
    There is the Puget systems kit.

All I saw when I watched this was.... no dust!