Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes yes obviously novels are a deeper medium than games. That doesn't mean the quality of the novels is as good as the games.

For example, Varian's entire backstory. For example, Me'dan. For example, Broxigar the time travelling Orc who stabbed Sargeras in the foot. Okay so some of these are from the comics, but still.
    Okay. Tell me why those are technically flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And sure you can say everything is subjective and then inform me that this crap is up to the standard of the game's background lore. But I'm not going to believe you all the same.

P.S. Games are not terrible for storytelling, they are simply different mediums and they each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
    I'm not talking subjective. I'm talking objective. "Opinions mean little," remember? I couldn't really care if you think that orcs are cool or uncool or if the pandaren aren't your cup of tea. What I AM saying though is if you want to say something's bad, you'd best better be able to say WHY, and "why" can't be because "I don't like them or how they were implemented."

And I said games are terrible COMPARED to novels, which is true, if a bit of an exaggeration. The only thing games are better than novels at is interactive and variable story. That's really it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That's not to say all the good is in the novels and all the bad is in game. Knaaks novels for example have some character related troubles, but I think Golden's novels are much better. But I point to Thrall as one example. His character is handled much better by Christie Golden than in the Elemental Bonds questline. The novels and short stories actually shed light on Garrosh's psyche and motivations yet the games squander it.
    Where? I mean, there is a short story written about Garrosh, and is quite ok, I give it that. But novels? Like Tides of War, you mean? In this novel Garrosh is simply defined as mad blooddrinker who want's to efficiently ruin any form of DNA utilizing creature nearby. I have to say, readin this novel actually made me understand the lore LESS, as it pretty much forgot about any remaining personality in Garrosh and concentrated in putting him in big, bad dragon outfit. And the games actually present a well drawn line of his life. We know how he started out, what his origins are, what can be his motives. The book pretty much removes it.

In short, this book sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Well the orcs have a problem, only a few old are left and many very young orcs eager to prove themselves, the generation in between is almost nonexistent, which is why Garrosh is so popular among the Orcs. The young ones don't know the consequences of war yet.
    Okay but why do they have to prove themselves against the Alliance? Why not go enslave the Quillboar or murder all the Centaur or something?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Okay but why do they have to prove themselves against the Alliance? Why not go enslave the Quillboar or murder all the Centaur or something?
    Because the Alliance were harassing their borders and continuing the conflict?

I mean the book "Cycle of Hatred" describes the Horde and Alliance dynamic to a T.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Plot armour is impossible to overcome when cdev writes for Horde, to disregard that is to disregard reality. btw OP is Horde, so know thy flamebait...
    Please, you talk about plot armour? The Night Elves have screwed over the Dragons and Ancients constantly with losing artifacts of great power that can be used to prevent an evil empire from reclaiming their strength to summoning Demon gods who will destroy the world AND almost destroyed it themselves. Night Elves have the most plot armor of all.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 04:43 AM ----------

For everyone confused about Garrosh, here, I will give you the rundown because Obviously people don't understand him.

He wants what is best for his people. And he does is a VERY Orcish way. He Takes what he needs and wants.

Land, Food, Supplies. This are what the Horde needs. Would the Alliance give them food? Water? Would it give them lumber and places to live? No, Not the Elves and not the Humans, the Horde needs to take what it needs.

However, Garrosh has taken it to far, in doing what is best for his people, he has caused damage to the water ways of durotar and causes turmoil with the elements.

The road to hell is pathed with Good Intentions, but you need to remember that the Horde was not in as good a position as the Alliance was beforehand, only under Garrosh have they even had the chance at such Luxuries

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the sake of clarifying, Salandrin was at one point Alliance before (supposedly) race-changing, and became an example of an overly devoted faction fanatic to compensate for previously being the opposite faction (it happens all the time).

So yes, they're Horde (supposedly), now. They were initially a Night Elf (if that has changed at all), and got a little weird after making even worse Horde-bashing threads than this, "Race-changed" and started going crazy Alliance-bashing. I expect another race-change back to Alliance considering what's been going on in forums lately.

It's their bit, their routine. A weird character they've created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Just for the sake of clarifying, Salandrin was at one point Alliance before (supposedly) race-changing, and became an example of an overly devoted faction fanatic to compensate for previously being the opposite faction (it happens all the time).

So yes, they're Horde (supposedly), now. They were initially a Night Elf (if that has changed at all), and got a little weird after making even worse Horde-bashing threads than this, "Race-changed" and started going crazy Alliance-bashing. I expect another race-change back to Alliance considering what's been going on in forums lately.

It's their bit, their routine. A weird character they've created.
    Faction bashing is stupid, Fanboyism is doubly stupid.

the Only thing people should agree on is Garrosh is a douche, Night Elves are stupid and Dwarves need like 10 times more screentime as they are the best race in the Alliance bar none.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Dont forget that the Orcs were easily manipulated and used as puppets by the Legion where the Night Elves fought them off alone. The Orcs came to destroy Azeroth, not save it as you claim. And lastly, without Malfurion there would be no Azeroth for multiple reasons, one of the main ones being he defeated Xavius inside the Emerald Dream. Not a lot is known about that other than the Emerald Dream somehow keeps the fabric of existence in tact. Xavius was one of Sargeras's top commanders and infiltrated the emerald dream with his army. That is why the druids had to go into the emerald dream shortly after the war of the Ancients, to keep the existence of the world from being lost forever. Where were the mighty orcs then?

lol NE are the reason the legion came to azeroth in the first place, the lich king gained power because humans were stupid. Horde was smart and left.
    Pretty sure all the aspects helped the nightelves in the WoTA.

---------- Post added 2013-02-27 at 08:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud2038 View Post
    Dont forget that the Orcs were easily manipulated and used as puppets by the Legion where the Night Elves fought them off alone. The Orcs came to destroy Azeroth, not save it as you claim. And lastly, without Malfurion there would be no Azeroth for multiple reasons, one of the main ones being he defeated Xavius inside the Emerald Dream. Not a lot is known about that other than the Emerald Dream somehow keeps the fabric of existence in tact. Xavius was one of Sargeras's top commanders and infiltrated the emerald dream with his army. That is why the druids had to go into the emerald dream shortly after the war of the Ancients, to keep the existence of the world from being lost forever. Where were the mighty orcs then?
    Werent most draenei also corrupted by the legion and didnt 2 of them become you know Kil'jaeden and Archimonde? Eredar = fel orc

Anything with "Exile" in the thread title or started by Salandrin should be considered to be nothing but trollbait.