Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I want to be famous.

I want to get into streaming. I recently started doing it after buying a really stronk computer for perfect conditions when I play and so I can stream on highest quality.

I want to stream challenge modes mainly as there is not many people who do that.

Any tips how to get many viewers and how to make people enjoy watching my stream?

Develop a memorable personality. That, or a cool accent.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

When we do CM's I don't really talk much. I just call out for when I switch hunter pets for different buffs. When I pop ancient hysteria/when I use CC/interupt/trap or when its actually needed.

I got a russian/norwegian accent if it matters.

most of the time its rest of the groups who talk a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    You will find most people dont give a shit what your playing if you can keep people watching because you have a personality then you'll do ok, once you get a good viewer base going you start doing give aways etc, now if you were a girl all you need is cleavage and the world is your oyster.

Also go into top streamers streams and watch how they behave, some totally ignore the chat, were others try and answer questions as much as possible, some streamers also don't just play wow they mix it up, sometimes it can hurt the streamer because viewers are so used to seeing wow only.
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-02-25 at 09:58 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    You will find most people dont give a shit what your playing if you can keep people watching because you have a personality then you'll do ok, once you get a good viewer base going you start doing give aways etc, now if you were a girl all you need is cleavage and the world is your oyster.
    Its just a hassle since I stream 90% of the times challenge modes. And if we wipe its a 10 minute break before we start again because invis pots not reseting :P

I usually have 4-10 viewers and drop to 1-3 during that downtime before we can go again. I think it was about 3 days ago we steamrolled through 5 golds in a row with no wipes I had 15 viewers

I'm not gonna do giveaways as I don't have the money to do so.

Deleted
    Post ridiculous videos that will get attention, make people believe you are better than you actually are (like Swifty, Athene, etc), make trollish statements that make you look stupid but get you even more attention. Constantly bad mouth the game to get people talking about your "opinions" on forums, everyone loves a bit of negativity.

Try to find some decent "exploits" that can reduce your CM times too, also I have an alt on your realm that has faster times than you so you really need to step that up.

First of all... talk a lot. Keep people more interested in YOU than the game. Also how is your internet? Aka can you stream in full HD? That normally helps. Also get a good quality microphone so there is never any cracking sounds. Make yourself sound proffesional. Also play popular streaming games like SC2 and any dota-like game (Dota 2/LoL). Would most likely be best if you are really good at them.¨

To be honest i don't think you can get much of a following only playing WoW...

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Post ridiculous videos that will get attention, make people believe you are better than you actually are (like Swifty, Athene, etc), make trollish statements that make you look stupid but get you even more attention. Constantly bad mouth the game to get people talking about your "opinions" on forums, everyone loves a bit of negativity.

Try to find some decent "exploits" that can reduce your CM times too, also I have an alt on your realm that has faster times than you so you really need to step that up.
    We don't care about times. We do boosts only. Carrying 1-2 people cant really give us times.

10+ Year Old Account
    google "how to win at let's plays/commentary" by wow crendor. watch both of them. dont do anything that is shown in the vid. i know that isnt the same thing as streaming but it is helpful none the less
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    google "how to win at let's plays/commentary" by wow crendor. watch both of them. dont do anything that is shown in the vid. i know that isnt the same thing as streaming but it is helpful none the less
    Think I know somewhat what to do to keep my viewers, point is nobody writes in chat or asks me any questions to answer :P

ill watch those vids when I get home from school

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Its just a hassle since I stream 90% of the times challenge modes. And if we wipe its a 10 minute break before we start again because invis pots not reseting :P

I usually have 4-10 viewers and drop to 1-3 during that downtime before we can go again. I think it was about 3 days ago we steamrolled through 5 golds in a row with no wipes I had 15 viewers

I'm not gonna do giveaways as I don't have the money to do so.
    Well yeah lol giveaways is something you might want to do in the future, as someone said quality of the stream is a biggie too not all can view 1080p let alone 720 once you get a good viewer base,you can ask twitch and try and get partnered and then you get money from ads and also a resolution button then people can change resolutions. Challenge modes would get boring, so another thing to do is have viewer run for mounts etc get them involved. And if u come across someone called Amhai be nice to him as far as i know he has dontated like $30,000 to a few streamers lol
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-02-25 at 10:07 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Think I know somewhat what to do to keep my viewers, point is nobody writes in chat or asks me any questions to answer :P

ill watch those vids when I get home from school

also another decent way to gain viewers is to record everything you stream and post anything you find particularly memorable on youtube. that way if people find you on youtube and enjoy your content they can find and start watching your stream.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like a big issue with this is something you mentioned yourself -- the downtime if you wipe. I hope this doesn't sound too negative, but it may be worth it to figure out something that's better to stream (i.e., more consistent). I think that generally people want to see something that's going to capture their attention the entire time they're watching it, whereas with CMs and especially with invis potions, they need to find something else to do for 5-10 minutes after every pull. Raiding, at least, only requires as much time as it takes to get everyone zoned in and buffed up.

Maybe I'm totally off base though. I'm drunk, so if there's something confusing there, I will be happy to attempt to clarify. Just let me know. <3

EDIT:
    also another decent way to gain viewers is to record everything you stream and post anything you find particularly memorable on youtube. that way if people find you on youtube and enjoy your content they can find and start watching your stream.
    This is a SUPER GOOD IDEA. What a good brain this dude has.
    Last edited by Praxis; 2013-02-25 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Quoting a post made while mine was being written

Don't I need to know how to edit movies to do this? I got no idea how to edit films. Let alone I don't even know how to take them from my twitch and then POST it on youtube.

I got a shit monitor, 19" inches. I can stream on 1080p quality but the resolution is small because of my screen.

I read what you said about mount giveaways. I got very much gold and I can indeed do giveaways if I get enough viewers. Lets take an example here: Once I get 100 subscribers from Auchindoun EU I will choose a random person in the chat and give him a mechano hog.

Would that be a good thing?
    Last edited by a little Kappa; 2013-02-25 at 10:09 AM.

Pretend you fell asleep and forgot to turn the camera off.

Then lay down in bed and proceed to get naughty exhibitionist style. (Preferably with a significant other.) Instant fame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personality is important, interact with your viewers otherwise they will start craving for attention and start spamming the chat with profanity etc, ive seen that happen many times when a big streamer dont interact with the chat. Answer questions, ask them questions. Try to get sponsored so you can do giveaways.

I really dont think you will become a big streamer by just playing challenge modes or heroics over and over unless you were famous from the start, you have to mix it up. Or just become a "pro" LoL player and get 100k viewers.

Setting out with the intent to be famous will never make you famous. You are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

If you are passionate about something that others are passionate about, that's how you get attention. Give people what they want, and they will flock to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crypt View Post
    Personality is important, interact with your viewers otherwise they will start craving for attention and start spamming the chat with profanity etc, ive seen that happen many times when a big streamer dont interact with the chat. Answer questions, ask them questions. Try to get sponsored so you can do giveaways.

I really dont think you will become a big streamer by just playing challenge modes or heroics over and over unless you were famous from the start, you have to mix it up. Or just become a "pro" LoL player and get 100k viewers.
    I can stream rated BG's aswell! I'm 2 times hero of the alliance and 2.4k+ 3v3 exp on 3 different warlocks and my rogue. Would people enjoy me streaming a varety of content like HC raiding/3v3 arena/rated bg and CM? I'd be happy to watch my fans ask question and I'd answer them of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a russian/norwegian accent if it matters.
    That sounds interesting, I would check it out simply because of that haha.

Also play games while drunk, people seem to love that.. I for one do not, but oh well :P

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    That sounds interesting, I would check it out simply because of that haha.

Also play games while drunk, people seem to love that.. I for one do not, but oh well :P
    I don't drink alone or when I'm playing games.