Deleted

Question Blizzard & data requests

Am I wrong in this situation? After the famous "data packages" collected by active civilians from a number of huge companies that offer their services under the EU, shouldn't I be allowed to access all the data Blizzard has ever collected about me or characters that I have played with as I'm a citizen of Finland?

http://www.europe-v-facebook.org/EN/...our_data_.html

I was just discussing an account suspension that I received recently and found the actions of the representative both hostile and uninformed. I was directed to make a ticket by the Billing & Account support that I called yesterday. Here's the chat that I had with the GM.

Link to the GM chat: http://i.imgur.com/vooyUMF.jpg

Personal data means personally identifiable information, not character data.

10+ Year Old Account
    He told you to contact legal. Conversation done. I would have been annoyed with you too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Personal data means personally identifiable information, not character data.
    That would do in a, let's say, character loots. But when I am suspended from playing during a time that I have paid for, it's got to do with my bank details & real name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    That would do in a, let's say, character loots. But when I am suspended from playing during a time that I have paid for, it's got to do with my bank details & real name.
    It has to do with your real name when it comes to the EULA, specifically the part where the agreement states "I will abide by the CoC".

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as the discussion remains on the idea of the information sharing and not vilifying the GM, this can stay open

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As long as the discussion remains on the idea of the information sharing and not vilifying the GM, this can stay open
    Thank you for reopening the thread, could you also move it back to the General OT as the point is, as you pointed out to allow, to discuss the idea at a company-level, not tied into World of Warcraft only.

Deleted
    It has to do with your real name when it comes to the EULA, specifically the part where the agreement states "I will abide by the CoC".

EULA have no priority against the LAW .
    You could agree signing EULA that you will donate 1 kidney to Blizzard . That doesn't mean the LAW will permit them to come and take your kidney .

So , EULA mean nothing against the UE laws.

I would imagine that EU Data Protection Law is similar to UK Law, in the UK you are entitled to put in writing a subject to access request although I do not see the point in this case.

If Blizzard was selling your information to 3rd party people, or allowing a 3rd party to use Blizzards data that they collected on your character while providing information not available through the general populations interface. (I.E. Telling the company you're a Male. Looking at your Character in game I can neither confirm or deny that you are a male playing that character.) I could possibly see you having a point. I don't think Blizzard releases that kind of information and it's kept on record for when you filled it out. It doesn't matter what they do with "fictional" data that is irrelevant to your personal life. Suppose they study your DPS numbers on a certain heroic boss fight, I don't see you being able to get Blizzard to release the "statistical" data they rendered from that. You agreed to a set of rules, if you break them there is a punishment. Just because you pay doesn't mean you can do whatever you want. Being banned and trying to play it off as I want the "time" I paid for is a bullcrap statement. You agreed to Blizzards User Agreement and now you have to obey their rules when playing. If you choose to cheat, hack, bully, etc. You can face the Ban Hammer. All players are treated equally.
    Last edited by Lirina; 2013-02-25 at 04:50 PM.