Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-09-14 at 07:28 PM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Time to blow some life in this thread again.

- Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account

Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-09-07 at 03:45 PM.

15+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    So bringing this from the death as this is the only place i can adress this is here

So few weeks ago i was at Qlimax which is ofc a legendary party when it comes to hardstyle it was prob the first real hardstyle party to become very popular and the dj's that where present that evening all did a great job i realy enjoyed it but there is one thing that annoyed the crap out of me and thats Headhunterz because hes been stating that hes moving away from hardstyle and he hasnt created a real hardstyle track since... i cant even remember when but what annoys me if that Q music asks him to come so he agrees does his thing for an hour with a lot of good headhunterz oldies that we all love to hear from him and wish he would make again and then it striked me damn im here in 2014 listening too tracks from 2007-2009 and a bit from 2010-2012 and i was like fucking hell this dude didnt actualy make something good hardstyle wise for a loooooong time why the hell is this dude at a party like Qlimax and he annoyed me even more by playing one of his new deep house tracks on a party like freaking Qlimax which is strictly Hardstyle/Raw-Hardstyle/Hardcore.

I like the dude but seriously if hes saying in a blog and on twitter that hes moving away from Hardstyle and moving too Deep house then dont come and play at party's like Qlimax, Defqon or Decibel go do some EDM or Ultra bullshit.

Another thing i noticed is that dj's that use to be realy good buddies with him are also kinda moving away from him even someone like Wildstylez which is prob one of his best friends isnt hanging around with him or going on tour with him anymore because where heady moved away from Hardstyle, Wildstylez got even deeper into the genre even creating his own Hardstyle lable.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-12-24 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Headhunterz played at Exchange LA (which is by far the premier club for electronic music here in California) last weekend and a lot of my friends who are really into hardstyle complained that he didn't play enough of it. I was at home watching the livestream from my computer, he only played hardstyle for maybe the last hour or so of his set. It's true, his style has changed a lot. Unfortunately that happens to a lot of producers, especially as EDM is peaking right now and getting extremely popular all over the world. You start to hear producers explore different sounds and you see different genres and styles blending together, which isn't always a bad thing, but I certainly understand how die-hard fans would be upset when one of their favorite artists starts to sound too different.

It happens in every genre, not just hardstyle. W&W used to be one of my favorite producers when they still made trance/trouse but lately all they've been doing is big room and ironically they have two collabs with Heady which kind of combines big room and hardstyle. I actually don't think it sounds that bad but it definitely sounds weird hearing a hardstyle kick at 128bpm, it needs to be bumped up to at least 140 IMO.

The only reason Heady still gets booked for Qlimax is because despite the fact that he doesn't really make or play much hardstyle anymore, he's a huge name in the scene and is well-established. Even though hardstyle purists may not like him anymore, having his name on the lineup will definitely increase ticket sales and draw in more people. The same thing happens with trance, W&W always plays at ASOT events even though they don't play trance anymore and all the trance fans will turn off the stream or go watch another stage whenever they come on, they're there simply because they started producing in that genre and made a big name for themselves there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    The only reason Heady still gets booked for Qlimax is because despite the fact that he doesn't really make or play much hardstyle anymore, he's a huge name in the scene and is well-established. Even though hardstyle purists may not like him anymore, having his name on the lineup will definitely increase ticket sales and draw in more people. The same thing happens with trance, W&W always plays at ASOT events even though they don't play trance anymore and all the trance fans will turn off the stream or go watch another stage whenever they come on, they're there simply because they started producing in that genre and made a big name for themselves there.
    Believe me they dont need his name on the lineup for the party to be sold out its sold out every year with or without heady hes been surpassed by a lot of hardstyle dj's that are currently playing as for other producers changing style take tiesto he went from being one of the biggest if not the biggest name in trance too a dj that only plays top 40 songs of the current hitlist.

I think headhunterz problem with hardstyle is that it became harder back in 2008 when headhunterz came out with his album Scantraxx Reloaded and Project One together with Wildstylez his tracks where quite hard for that time and where ground breaking in the scene but after 2010 hardstyle became a lot harder and faster to a point Raw-Hardstyle came in and he did try to create a Raw hardstyle track in a reaction to the fans that complained that he had not made one which was Doomed but after that it went all downhill it seemed that he didnt want to go that route and didnt like the route hardstyle was going tho he kinda was one of the dj's that started it.

I respect that he follows his heart and does what he wants but he realy needs to stop bitching about it on facebook and twitter and interviews in magazine's we all know it now he even started puting text in his new tracks stating that he doesnt care what the haters think and only follow his heart lol i do however find it funny hes still promoting Hard With Style which is his own hardstyle podcast which he is hardly doing himself lately and also his own label lol

Edit: Seriously this was from last week... he even started changing his hardstyle tracks to deep house...

Last edited by Vestig3; 2014-12-24 at 11:54 PM.

shame i was really into headhunterz and the project one tracks are basically all awesome.

well heres a bump for a track i listened to recently, not sure if anyone posted it but.. i have to admit it actually made me like coldplay.

been a bit slow, haven't found many amazing new tracks but its a new year, i checked out a 2015 hardstyle mix and it sounded kinda trancy, it seems hardstyle is raw style and current hardstyle has morphed into some sort of trance pop abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was in Japan recently, bought some random CDs there about what seemed a bit hard (talking about music ).

They didn't disappoint.

On a different style, I really loved Dustbrain Chariot, not very hardcore but some really good music in there. (only a crossfade demo on the page)

Some random compilations also had a some very good tracks. Wolf of Hardcore Street by Ozigiri (couldn't find a link ><), Qureless had some good tracks too, couldn't find exactly those I found (like "Hardcore child prostitution mediation man") but here's a good example.

Was also surprised at how ""soft"" M1dy sounds now (you can skip the first minute), compared to how I knew him 10 years ago (alum 覚醒機 Is Back!!!).

And a reaaaaally good surprise, a full album of t+pazolite vs. Rough Sketch, and to quote the first comment "How is that j-core? This is pure gabber ffs", not from this disc, but similar style, even further away from jcore I'd say, less piano/fluffy stuff, harder sound.

Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    he even started changing his hardstyle tracks to deep house...
    So I guess I'm not quite up to date on current terms for different EDM, but I always thought deep house was that slow, long, meandering type of progressive house that someone like Danny Tenaglia played, not what Headhunterz is playing in that video. I've stayed away from anything described as Deep House because it's always bored me to tears. I guess the term/style is shifting a bit? I don't mind what he's playing so if that's what is now known as Deep House I won't avoid it.

Like last summer Kaskade played a show in Chicago as a special "Chicago Deep House" show. I didn't realize it before going that he was doing that so I got to spend $50 being bored out of my mind for 2 hours.
    Last edited by Nellise; 2015-02-04 at 11:22 PM.

I've been following the top 40 for quite a while now and I've got to say January's number 1 was the most undeserved number 1 ever. I mean it's basically a trap song that has Zany in it:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgPfUvmtmds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUI8KfDim_o
    This is Frenchcore as for hardstyle its either eurphoric hardstyle or Raw hardstyle right now and Raw hardstyle is more populair right now i was at Freaqshow on new years eve and they played the top 10 submited by the fans on Q-dance website and 8/10 tracks where raw.

Last edited by Vestig3; 2015-02-14 at 09:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Hello! I have been looking for good John Murphy - In a House In a Heartbeat Hardstyle remix. On Gunz For Hire - The Massacre they use melody of In a House In a Heartbeat, but when it's time to go BOOM it becames shit. I am looking remix which would as melodic as this insanely good remix is;

I've been looking like years for good In a House In a Heartbeat remix, but haven't yet found any "enough" good, few have been close, but nah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry cant help you with that

15+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    Got my Saturday tickets one of the best dutch festivals in my pocket! Defqon1 2015!