Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you could look at it as you got to cancel a bad vote. that's almost the same as a vote, right?
    Very true indeed, the new pope cannot be better than an ex Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Very true indeed, the new pope cannot be better than an ex Nazi.
    i dont think you wrote that the way you thought it, lol
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I wonder if a lot of this stuff would go away if priests were allowed to date and get married.
    Priests in the Episcopal church and many others (ministers etc) are allowed to get married and have kids and we don't have nearly the issues. Hell we have Bishop Gene Robinson in our New Hampshire diocese who is openly gay, married to another man, and they have two grown daughters. None of these issues (that I know of).
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i dont think you wrote that the way you thought it, lol
    Why not? The former pope was an ex Hitler Youth, famous for being the most fanatical of of all the Nazi affiliated groups.

Why not? The former pope was an ex Hitler Youth, famous for being the most fanatical of of all the Nazi affiliated groups.
    Mainly because the members became indoctrinated at a very early age. And, to Pope Benedict's credit, he did leave before it all came crashing down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Mainly because the members became indoctrinated at a very early age. And, to Pope Benedict's credit, he did leave before it all came crashing down.
    That may or may not be the case but it does not matter much since the vatican didn't do shit to stand up for any of the ethnic groups targeted for genocide.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The only problem here, is that it leaves Britain without a vote when choosing a new pope. Worth it to get rid of that hypocrite though.
    Before his official resignation he had already decided not to attend the conclave. So Britain was without a vote either way.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, soon there won't be any story tellers left

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That may or may not be the case but it does not matter much since the vatican didn't do shit to stand up for any of the ethnic groups targeted for genocide.
    So much bias and slander. The Church did a lot to oppose the Nazis and was in fact one of their most outspoken enemies. But this is not what this thread is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont know why they cant in the first place, would be much healthier for them anyway.

in more ancient times, typically children from wealthy families became priests. by not allowing to marry and have children, when the priest died, his money went to the church.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    its worse than that, o brien was a big pal of Jimmy Savile. this could get really nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I don't understand how it really works, can't the next dude up just go? Or does there have to some sort of Cardinal ceremony to fill him up to the proper amount of Jesus?
    It should be decided a la Total Wipeout or Takeshi's Castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    A friend suggested to me today that there should be a Cardinal Royal Rumble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    I think Bishopric Mud Wrestling tourney.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    A friend suggested to me today that there should be a Cardinal Royal Rumble.
    Sounds like this one in the UK already had a royal rumble...

Ok i'll get my coat.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another blow for the Catholic Church. Maybe they will just fade into insignificance one day.

I have no idea why his views on things like gay marriage and abortion were given so much media attention at the time. Who cares what some big wig in a church believes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Another blow for the Catholic Church. Maybe they will just fade into insignificance one day.

I have no idea why his views on things like gay marriage and abortion were given so much media attention at the time. Who cares what some big wig in a church believes?
    Followers of that religion.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Followers of that religion.
    Well its just as well that they're not the rulers. If this bishop was in power and did things by the book (full bible style) we'd have homosexuals stoned to appease their god. and then i'd be down a few friends who owe me pints....

This really isn't a big surprise; priesthood's a self selecting group of people that are choosing to proclaim their celibacy. Does anyone really think that's a group that's basically mentally healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This really isn't a big surprise; priesthood's a self selecting group of people that are choosing to proclaim their celibacy. Does anyone really think that's a group that's basically mentally healthy?
    So anyone deciding not to marry or have sex is mentally ill?