With the buffs balance received, how are we doing?

Hello,

As the title suggests, I'm really interested to hear how balance druids are doing with the 9% buffs and the talent adjustments on different bossfights. I tried to look for an 'overall' answer but can't seem to find one.

- how are we compared to other classes
    - what about fights with lots of movement required.
    - Fight with adds.

Anyone who can share some experiences from the ptr?

ya it would great to hear how they are doing on ptr for sure. Any info would be great guys!

We're doing really well. If this crit trinket goes live and we can get some decent RNG on it, With good trinket proc timings we have the potential to be a top single target DPS. It only gets better as we reach the 525 ilvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaiin View Post
    We're doing really well. If this crit trinket goes live and we can get some decent RNG on it, With good trinket proc timings we have the potential to be a top single target DPS. It only gets better as we reach the 525 ilvls.
    Thanks, sounds good! Although I´m not eager to be the ´best´ single target dps, can you be a bit more specific about different types of boss fights? I've always played feral before this expansion, and started leveling as moonkin in MOP, and I really feel like improving dps on movement type of fights needed attention.

I kinda always thought the movement thing was an issue with ferals, but now playing moonkin, I think it's even worse.

That's also pretty good buff to boomkins doing challenge modes.

Deleted
    Movement DPS will be less and less of an issue as we raise in itemlevels. The more crit we get, the better our movement DPS will be. So it's definitely better on PTR with 525 ilvl than it is on live with 510.

Deleted
    Crit is increasing value of other secondary stats significantly therefore, if nothing surprising we will see boomkins, fury warriors and fire mages topping meters in 5.2, 5.3 and further..

Deleted
    Ive played most bosses on ptr so far, 10/25/hc, we still have retarded poor AoE and random movement dps. Moonkin single target dps became alot more competetive especially with the ubertrinket and multi target DPS got abit stronger then on live due to the starsurge buf.

As joeri mentioned, starsurge is nice with the new set bonus but I still prefer our current 4 piece. I was finding my dots falling off more with the new set bonus from eclipse to eclipse more often than with our current one. Lei shens trinket is also on the ptr and I'm not that impressed. It sometimes doesn't proc for very long periods of time (went a few minutes without a proc but there were restarts happening so maybe it was bugged). Still it's very nice and probably better for us than a lot of people. It'd be serendipitous if it could proc in solar range so we could skip our god awful wrath spamming but it's not a very predictable proc.

We're still gonna be bad in movement dps with nature's grace being our limiting factor (lunar shower is not amazing but the worst part is that if starsurge doesn't proc we don't cycle eclipse and lose nature's grace to get to the other side not to mention the new 4 piece adds a stat bonus to natures grace). Aoe is the same boat, decent when nature's grace is up, but only in solar and of course the mobs can't be moving too much.

Anyway I can't really say how we're doing compared to others because I only got a chance to heal the raids and did most of my damage on target dummies. With a pre made warlock (affliction) with t15 and pvp off set pieces with a similar ilevel to my boomy (boomy was 504, lock was 503 although I was using the pvp proc trinket which has no beneficial pve passive bonus) I was doing less dps on a target dummy by about 20k than my boomy (and yes I made sure I was only hitting one target with starfall).

Honestly I have the choice of going warlock or moonkin this patch and I'm leaning towards staying with moonkin. Despite some dps problems we still have great utility with on demand healing, instant battle res, etc. I guess lock offers some other things as well but we aren't in a terrible spot by any means. Guess we'll see how the numbers play out on live though... Increasing starsurge procs are great but with a 30% chance to proc off 100% crit I wonder if mastery ever overtakes haste and crit. I'm sure it's already been theory crafted but I haven't seen anything about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something good happening for Boomkins? Mark my words, it won't last - it never does.

The buffs were nice, and for a few days, we were destroying on the PTR. But then they buffed everyone else, so we're about where we are on live. You'll still get smoked by locks and dks.

Some fights, like Durumu (or however it's spelled) are total rng. If I had amazing crit trinket procs at the right times, I was top 2 or 3 dps. If I didn't, I was garbage. Some fights we are amazing on, Primordius for example. I was tinkering around with a HotW/SotF build for heroic Twin Consorts, and demolishing the meters while kiting in p1. Even without the crit trinket, sometimes I was literally able to do an entire eclipse cycle using only starsurges while running the entire time.

We're solid in 5.2, but we're still not beating locks or dks.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like a fair portion of the buffs are centered around a trinket.

Reminds me of Unheeded Warning for Feral Druids back in T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're already in a good spot, so I'm interested to see where we'll be in 5.2 once it goes live.

I'm worried that Movement DPS and AoE issues have not been dealt with.

Yes, with higher gear we will have more Starsurge procs (+9% buff aswell), but whilst moving with a single target, chances are you'll starve for procs and sometimes 'spamming' dots with lunar shower won't be an option since u'll most likely replace a more powerful dot... so yea, still bad.

AoE is horrendous. Even if you get a good AoE streak, whilst on Solar, and with NG still running, the damage is still laughable, and you won't progress across the eclipse bar, meaning you'll have issues right after. It's really really really on a bad place...

So yea, i'm disappointed those issues will still remain, even though our single target has been buffed a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I'm worried that Movement DPS and AoE issues have not been dealt with.

Yes, with higher gear we will have more Starsurge procs (+9% buff aswell), but whilst moving with a single target, chances are you'll starve for procs and sometimes 'spamming' dots with lunar shower won't be an option since u'll most likely replace a more powerful dot... so yea, still bad.

AoE is horrendous. Even if you get a good AoE streak, whilst on Solar, and with NG still running, the damage is still laughable, and you won't progress across the eclipse bar, meaning you'll have issues right after. It's really really really on a bad place...

So yea, i'm disappointed those issues will still remain, even though our single target has been buffed a bit.
    I'd like to see a mechanic a bit like the warrior / shockwave thing (on warriors if it hits 3+ targets it halves the cd)

I'd like to see if Hurricane hits 4 or more targets it increases the duration of Natures Grace by 2seconds.. this means the only unforgiving time would be if you started to AOE at the end of an eclipse, which is bad planning, and I could totally live with that.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png
    Take it with a grain of salt though...
    EDIT: Never mind, this is with the x6 multiplier on Sinister. It's down to 1.9 now. So expect something like the chart on the right...
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2013-03-05 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/r8WeeFG.png
    Take it with a grain of salt though...
    I'm seeing this plastered everywhere. The thing is, its not accurate at all. Its using the entirely incorrect meta proc rates, and it also doesn't take into account that last round of buffs.