Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Orcs = Least intelligent race on Azeroth

Stemming from the Warcraft 2 and 3 days, Blizzard has always portrayed the Orc race as complete and utter morons. Case in point, their Orc warriors and peons, and the rabble the World of Warcraft town npcs and gaurds spout.

It is almost absurd to believe that the Orcs could be Mages, considering the Mage class uses intelligence and whit to destroy their foes. Why were they added as a playable class for the Orcs? Does not make sense.

Orcs may be strong, as to strength and agility, but they sure are dumb. There are a few exceptions, but you may notice that these exceptions almost always involve humans somewhere. For example, Thrall was raised by humans, and therefore they taught him good principles, and taught him to be intelligent.

Why did Blizzard make the Orcs idiotic, bloodthirsty savages? And why allow them to be Mages knowing this in Warcraft lore?

Every alliance and horde race currently is shown as idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They showed Orc peons to be a bit under the radar...but they did the same with peasants. I don't think Blizzard has labeled, or portrayed, orcs as "stupid".

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Barring the removed storyline where newly raised Forsaken are mind controlled a'la Lich King, Orcs are for sure the dumbest, most bloodlust-driven race currently playable.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Every alliance and horde race currently is shown as idiotic.
    Well.. erm, this. Although this is a parody thread I'm sure, but there's alot of anti-orc around as of late. And I like orcs D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hye! I not am dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    An entire generation was bread by the Legion and accelerated into adulthood. Then they spent another generation rotting in prison camps. Of course they're dumb.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-02-25 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They showed Orc peons to be a bit under the radar...but they did the same with peasants. I don't think Blizzard has labeled, or portrayed, orcs as "stupid".
    Yes peasants were less educated farm people that were servants to the alliance kingdom, peons were their grunt labor force.

But you have to acknowledge that their Orc grunts and other forces were not the sharpest tools in the shed. It has been painted by Blizzard, and fleshed out in WoW.

When have orcs ever been dumb? Where do you get that from? Because they are big and green?

Seriously, what is your lore backup for this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes peasants were less educated farm people that were servants to the alliance kingdom, peons were their grunt labor force.

But you have to acknowledge that their Orc grunts and other forces were not the sharpest tools in the shed. It has been painted by Blizzard, and fleshed out in WoW.
    They've shown that Orcs can be intelligent and upstanding individuals. Horde was that way from Founding of Orgrimmar through Fall of the Lich King.

Then Garrosh took over. Now it seems all they think about is where to find their next massacre of Alliance. As dear Nazgrim says, "The tip of the Horde spear; no greater honor."

Deleted
    Two words: orc shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They've shown that Orcs can be intelligent and upstanding individuals. Horde was that way from Founding of Orgrimmar through Fall of the Lich King.

Then Garrosh took over. Now it seems all they think about is where to find their next massacre of Alliance. As dear Nazgrim says, "The tip of the Horde spear; no greater honor."
    There are few exceptions, i acknowledge that, but generally the Orc population consists of "zug zug," "quit poking me!" and "waaaaaat?!"

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Have you ever done a /silly with an orc shaman? Yep the same as their warriors, warlocks, rogues...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Thats two with a period

10+ Year Old Account
    There are few exceptions, i acknowledge that, but generally the Orc population consists of "zug zug," "quit poking me!" and "waaaaaat?!"

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 08:07 PM ----------

Have you ever done a /silly with an orc shaman? Yep the same as their warriors, warlocks, rogues...
    Eh, sillies aren't a good representation of a race. That's like saying BElves are all gay, or NElves are all teenagers.

Least intelligent would be the Night Elves. They love nature, love forests, yet they've allied themselves with humans (who clearcut forests), Dwarves, who do the same and strip mine, and Gnomes, who blew up their own city and love to destroy nature.

i'm assuming your not counting races like the murlocs? even so of the playable races, trolls are the dumbest. Has no one noticed that they are the only race without any sort of city? Everything they have resembling a city is a ruin or simply huts. On top of their lack of any sort of civilization.. every chance they get they try to summon some unspeakable evil believing they can control it.. but it always ends up controlling them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk is banned you know, so there's no one to make a "humans suck" thread in retaliation if that's what you're hoping to feed into.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because /silly is totally an accurate representation of a race as a whole.

Why don't you mention /dance too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    Least intelligent would be the Night Elves. They love nature, love forests, yet they've allied themselves with humans (who clearcut forests), Dwarves, who do the same and strip mine, and Gnomes, who blew up their own city and love to destroy nature.
    Valid point. Though I'll justify it saying "gameplay > lore." If Blizz could do it over, I imagine they'd have made NElves their own third faction.