Deleted

Eternal Flame vs Word of Glory

So i have been wondering on what most paladins will use in in 5.2 EF or WoG? I see most people take EF over WoG atm but was wondering if anyone would be switching for early 5.2 or if EF will still be the most dominant choice of the two.

I think you might be mixing up WoG with Sacred Shield or Selfless Healer; EF replaces WoG if you choose to spec into it, and all it does is add a hot to WoG.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackie View Post
    So i have been wondering on what most paladins will use in in 5.2 EF or WoG? I see most people take EF over WoG atm but was wondering if anyone would be switching for early 5.2 or if EF will still be the most dominant choice of the two.
    For Holy? PvE or PvP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugley View Post
    I think you might be mixing up WoG with Sacred Shield or Selfless Healer; EF replaces WoG if you choose to spec into it, and all it does is add a hot to WoG.
    No i am asking of EF is worth it to replace WoG for early progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question doesn't really make sense. Just choosing between EF and WoG is a no brainer. Eternal Flame is better. But if you are choosing between Eternal Flame the other two talents you actually can compare them.

10+ Year Old Account
    EF will always be superior to WoG because they heal for the same amount but EF gives a HoT. There isnt really a comparison. You would need to compare EF, selfless healer, and sacred shield. In terms of PVE, EF will see much more use then the other 2.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

I think this question would make more sense asked as "What would you choose, EF or instead talenting into SS/SH and using WoG as you would have an EF?" I personally am a little curious as to just how much the hot from EF actually adds to a regular WoG, as opposed to the shield of SS or the less impressive SH (coming from a pve Holy perspective, it really should be clarified exactly what spec and game style your referring to.) With our current pve 4 piece EF is the clear winner because it allows extra casts of EF in a 30 second period, but come 5.2 thats going to change when players go to the new tier. Its likely that EF will continue to be the top for Holy pve, as the hot constantly updates our mastery and allows us to keep some constant small heals on players in case our focus is elsewhere, and it allows for large beacon transfers as 50% of the hot is transferred to our beaconed target. I'm not entirely convinced that it won't be wise to spec out of EF for certain fights though and instead using LoD with HP and putting SS on the tank to make up for the loss of EF beacon heals. Though to answer your question for early progression you will likely still be running with our current 4 piece so EF will still be for sure the best choice in 10 man situations, and most 25m situations. (Ef actually gets a minor buff, making it more powerful at the start with the T14 pve 4set than before)

IDK if you are talking about Prot or not but there is no question on what to take for Prot SS is the most epic spell a Prot Pally has.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanis View Post
    I think this question would make more sense asked as "What would you choose, EF or instead talenting into SS/SH and using WoG as you would have an EF?" I personally am a little curious as to just how much the hot from EF actually adds to a regular WoG, as opposed to the shield of SS or the less impressive SH (coming from a pve Holy perspective, it really should be clarified exactly what spec and game style your referring to.) With our current pve 4 piece EF is the clear winner because it allows extra casts of EF in a 30 second period, but come 5.2 thats going to change when players go to the new tier. Its likely that EF will continue to be the top for Holy pve, as the hot constantly updates our mastery and allows us to keep some constant small heals on players in case our focus is elsewhere, and it allows for large beacon transfers as 50% of the hot is transferred to our beaconed target. I'm not entirely convinced that it won't be wise to spec out of EF for certain fights though and instead using LoD with HP and putting SS on the tank to make up for the loss of EF beacon heals. Though to answer your question for early progression you will likely still be running with our current 4 piece so EF will still be for sure the best choice in 10 man situations, and most 25m situations. (Ef actually gets a minor buff, making it more powerful at the start with the T14 pve 4set than before)
    the eternal flame cast base does 5538.5+49% per HP and then 10 ticks of 508+5.85% per HP. so that means the HoT does 5080 + 58.5% healing. if you get any bonus ticks from haste, it's equal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    For Holy? PvE or PvP?
    Same question here ?

Eternal Flame isn't an optional talent, it is MANDATORY.

For PvE at least.
    Check my achievements bruh.

I personally don't see myself giving up EF. Great for raid healing and great for tank healing.

Deleted
    As ret I use Sacred Shield. Moderate damage absorbtion (practically no damage from sources like daily quest mobs) and doesn't waste Holy Power, which is better used for another TV.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vague OP is vague, but I'm going to assume he's talking about Holy. PVE Eternal Flame is by far the best. PvP its up to you, some use Sacred Shield for arenas and EF for RBG's, personally I use EF all the time. I don't like the delay on Sacred Shield procs, and in 5.2 Eternal flame is going to be 100% stronger self-cast, making it a pretty damn strong HoT.