Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    500K gold is HUGE!

According to blue (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5616722560#12) only "incredibly small percentage" have over 50K. Using those words, I'd wager it means "less than 5%"..

500k is 10 times as much money, but probably 100-1000 times less people who have it..
    probably the "incredibly small" refers to single characters, most of people with more than 500k have ultiple characters for auctions and the wealth is spread

for example i have 700k and something, if i spread them among my auction chars and main, i don't have more than 200k on each (3 auction chars and 1 main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    probably the "incredibly small" refers to single characters, most of people with more than 500k have ultiple characters for auctions and the wealth is spread

for example i have 700k and something, if i spread them among my auction chars and main, i don't have more than 200k on each (3 auction chars and 1 main)
    It SPECIFICALLY says players, not toons/characters..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 500 k just from casually selling glyphs and I ended up treating myself and getting a swift spectral for 300k. Sadly I cancelled my account a month later

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    Full shuffle and glyph lines. I'd probably spend 300k saturating my pipeline with those two. Would probably look to expand in to BoEs afterwards, which would probably suck the rest of all of my gold up. Basically, at 500k, you don't do anything different. You leverage your existing markets to their maximum, and then you see what's left over and maybe expand to new markets.
    Hey could you be a bit more specific about the concept of "full shuffle"?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it silly the people thinking they sound cool with comments about how 500k isn't much lol, It doesn't matter how much gold you have, 500k will always be a lot of gold, Once you've got far more gold than the most expensive item can cost you easily have a lot, Stop being silly

I haven't had to concern myself with gold for a very long time, and i buy myself things all the time, same with buying friends mounts and giving away chunks of gold, But i still get excited when i find a junk item that sells for 100g lol, every little helps, and The only way (IMO) you can not see the value in smaller amounts of gold like that is if you've brought your gold, otherwise you know the value of it

When I make an Alt, and when i reach like 1/5/100g i get excited still lol
    Last edited by GKLeatherCraft; 2013-03-02 at 06:06 PM.

Sitting at 2m currently and have had a maximum of 5m

Basically it's just the same thing as others and being able to accept lower profit margins to bully people out of markets who have less gold that will in the end make you the most gold as well as diversifying the markets in which you do this with.

If done right you can easily make 1m+ per month with only a few hours a day spent on gold making if that. It's not rocket science just a game of patience and understanding.
    2400 EXP Multi-Boxer On Tichondrius Alliance/Horde

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTier View Post
    Sitting at 2m currently and have had a maximum of 5m

Basically it's just the same thing as others and being able to accept lower profit margins to bully people out of markets who have less gold that will in the end make you the most gold as well as diversifying the markets in which you do this with.

If done right you can easily make 1m+ per month with only a few hours a day spent on gold making if that. It's not rocket science just a game of patience and understanding.
    This is very good advice actually, i never used to touch things if they didn't net me at least 5-10g Clear profit, Then i thought about if something makes me any profit, then i would go for, even like a few silver, and since then my gold income tripled, it's crazy, Ofcourse you will notice it more if you're someone like me who throws buckets of gold into investments, as ofcourse if it's a small return you'll notice it more if you'v just spent 30k rather than if you spent 50 lol

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    I wonder how would such players feel in real life if the internet was switched off permanently, say by some big CME from the Sun .
    And that really is the way to see it. It is a game, if tomorrow you die - what good did all the gold you saved up get you. You know that mount you passed up that one time because you were too greedy to part with some gold? well now that you are dead what good is that gold to you. You have proved to be a formidable WoW gold barren - now go out and have some fun with it....
    before it is too late.

bumpddddddd

---------- Post added 2013-03-03 at 04:10 PM ----------

bumpddddddd

I would probably employ minions to do my bidding and I myself do something more important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to get my hands on the Grand Expedition Yak if I had the gold for it. That's probably what I would buy first.

Deleted
    Its a game, whats the point of making gold in it? Buying an ungly mount for 200k? Come on?

I wouldn't do a shit if i had more gold tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Haziza View Post
    Its a game, whats the point of making gold in it? Buying an ungly mount for 200k? Come on?

Some people have fun making gold. What's the point in playing a game if you can't have fun? :P

I bought the 108k yak a while back and around 40k on other mounts. I deposited around 80k in my previous 2 guilds for guild repairs. I spend a lot on Gear/Trinkets, around 90k. I have 140k now. I have loose fingers...

Even in real life, money doesn't make me happy, spending it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Haziza View Post

And there are sims for the stock market.

The point is that this is a very in depth game and one of the aspects that has spun off is the "gold making community"; while it may not have been an indended aspect of the game it is very much one now and as much a niche area as world first raiding if not more{popular}.

Deleted
    I would invest in tcg mounts !

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about 500k+ I just cracked 100k for the first time ever and I feel like I am super rich. But I started in Vanilla where getting 100 gold felt like an accomplishment. If I could get my hands on 500 I'd probably be like I am with 100, afraid to spend it and just sitting on it because I don't want to drop too low, to where I don't have gold for the next cool thing. Plus, I spent 8 years getting to 100k, what item is worth that amount of time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    I spent 8 years getting to 100k, what item is worth that amount of time?
    What's worth that? Pay me 50k and I'll teach you, step-by-step, how to make that much per week in less time than one daily quest hub.

As for the OP - If you're at a comfortable gold level now, I'd suggest two uses for your stash.

If you want to grow your wealth: Buy/Sell Server Transfer Runs. I'd net 250k profit per run back in WOTLK days(which would be enormous with MoP inflation). It's a fun side-game in and of itself for the goldmaking affectionado. You have to consider prices on two different economies, utilizing limited space in your bank and bags and chosen character. The planning and execution of a run is well worth the effort, even if it only provides you perspective about your own realm's economy.

If you want to spend your wealth: Buy a heroic raid run + loot from a top guild. If you're into raiding, the experience and gear will obviously benefit your own play. If you're not yet into raiding, it will allow you to jump right up to a competitive ilvl and kill count. If you're really smart about the run, you can actually make gold from it. This last tier I made more than the cost of a 6/6H HoF run by selling SOME of the loot I won to their own guild members through whispers. Many of them wanted the BiS gear that was guaranteed for me and offered to buy it back from me privately.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just do what I have always done. Sell all kinds of stuff on the AH.

Deleted
    I didn't find anything worthwhile to invest big money into it. The only thing I did once was buying red epic gems in cata for like 150k gold and I bought 3 spectral tigers. The gems got taken away from me by a GM (see my old thread) and I still have one of the spectral tigers. Price back then was 500k gold, atm they are still at around 500k.

Usual AH business is good enough, investing big chunks of gold didn't get me anything.