Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Italian Elections

They're live at the moment if anyone is interested.

A disappointing amount of people voting for Berlusconi.

http://www.google.it/elections/ed/it/results

It's looking like there isn't going to be a majority Government, so it all comes down to how the coalitions are formed. Unfortunately it's not looking good, the two main parties who could united against Burlusconi (The "Italy. Common Good" coalition of parties and the "Five Star Movement") are apparently incredibly unlikely to form a coalition, and even if they did they'd disagree so much that they'd be dead within a few months.

Not the best situation for Italy as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by mmoc65a9be75bb; 2013-02-25 at 09:46 PM.

If they got Berlusconi in power again, I wont be sorry about them...

My sister, who studies Italian, is following it very closely in her classes. She says she has no idea what is going on.

People are still voting for Berlusconi after he said "I'm getting out to mind my own fucking business, from somewhere else, and so I'm leaving this shitty country, of which I'm sickened." upon leaving office the last time. That isn't even the worst Silvio quote I could find.The electorate really do have short memories.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    My sister, who studies Italian, is following it very closely in her classes. She says she has no idea what is going on.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comme...g_of_reslults/

I'm getting it straight from the Italian's mouths.

Seems like a close race for now.

it's the worst situation no one is going to have the majority so the only solution right now is big coalition btw the right and left wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Been following it on and off today, from what I have gathered the left won but with a small margin 30%-something, the right was also 30%-something?

How many parties are there in Italy Buffer? And how would you rate them?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    This

If they realect Berlusconi they only got themselves to blame
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Deleted
    People are seriously voting for Berlusconi? hes a total fruitcake.....

Ah well, if he gets any power, the Italian's problems are self inflicted this time...

Deleted
    Unfortunately is not as easy as it looks from outside.
    There really is no one to vote for. The centre left coalition is an horrendous blob of spineless idiots, I mean, how can you not win an election against someone like berlusconi for fucks sake.
    I would have voted for grillo. His program isn't bad if you look at it. Thankfully though, I escaped the country years ago

10+ Year Old Account
    If they put Berlusconi back in then they deserve all the shit they get, which I hope is as painless a death for the nation as possible.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Just a quick one to tell you is confirmed centre left coalition seems to have won.
    With only a handful of votes between them.

Grillo's party first party in the country, which is a good note, in all this chaos. Another good note is a bunch of old politicians that have been there for 30 years or so have disappeared from the scene.

Who knows what'll happen, if they go back to elections some reporters are saying grillo might win in a landslide.
    If he does it'll be peculiar. His proposals are... different lets say.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the little world map in red to the side, out of curiosity.

EDIT: wait hovered nevermind

Hey guys, italian here!

Reason so many people voted for Berlusconi is cause left coalition chose Bersani as a leader, if they had Renzi (if you know him) they would have won way faster.

Not sure what's going to happen now but in case of new elections Grillo will probably gain a lot.

Deleted
    Tell her to study harder!!

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 12:40 AM ----------

Unfortunately I can't find an English version of grillo's program.
    It's a good program though, reduction of wages and privileges for pm, reduction of their number too...

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Unfortunately is not as easy as it looks from outside.
    There really is no one to vote for. The centre left coalition is an horrendous blob of spineless idiots, I mean, how can you not win an election against someone like berlusconi for fucks sake.
    I would have voted for grillo. His program isn't bad if you look at it. Thankfully though, I escaped the country years ago
    Would you say Italy is leaning more to the left or right now? If one disregards the political leaders that is(because yeah, if you can't beat Silvo with a decent margin you kind of suck ;p)
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    How old is your sister? Just being nosy.

Italy is so bollocked up - I literally do wonder how it maintains such a strong economy.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Would you say Italy is leaning more to the left or right now? If one disregards the political leaders that is(because yeah, if you can't beat Silvo with a decent margin you kind of suck ;p)
    I think the meaning of left and right are finally fading away in Italy. The massive burst of votes to beppe grillo's party "m5s", is a sign of protest against this old politics that really is ruining Italy. You could say the same with berlusconi. A vote for him isn't a vote to the "right". A vote for him Is a vote to anti politics. And people know that.
    Grillo could be defined "leftish" he comes from a leftoid background.

I'm far away from their games now, and I don't care much, but grillo's party got 25% on his own. The other two 29% as coalitions. It's a massive result for him.

---------- Post added 2013-02-26 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    How old is your sister? Just being nosy.

Italy is so bollocked up - I literally do wonder how it maintains such a strong economy.
    We have and had very strong industries, our politic scene is fucked up but that's it. Also, unlike Spain, we have a solid banking system, due to the fact that we didn't adapt to the dodgy economics of the recent years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    You would feel sorry for yourself though. It would be a huge blow to the faith of the EU economy, which in turn will impact the US and Asia.
    Bottom line, it would be a disaster regardless of where you might live.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.