A couple questions about Shek'Zeer Heroic

So, we've been working on Shekzeer for 2 nights now, and our best try is 11 % atm (which means we're fairly close).

We've been experiencing very random deaths around p2 from sonic blade on the windblades when they start fixating a ranged. Is there a tip for this to minimize the time for us dying to it.

Second, what is the best way to deal with Heart of Fear. We were not all agreeing on how it should be done (have the tank not tanking standing behind the boss between him and stacked group, or group in front of boss).
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Misux View Post
    We've been experiencing very random deaths around p2 from sonic blade on the windblades when they start fixating a ranged. Is there a tip for this to minimize the time for us dying to it.
    Ranged should stay 30+ yards away from the little adds. They use a ranged interrupt that will 1-shot if used while they're buffed in the pile. Being 30+ yards away means they have to move out of the pile before they're able to use it.

Second, what is the best way to deal with Heart of Fear. We were not all agreeing on how it should be done (have the tank not tanking standing behind the boss between him and stacked group, or group in front of boss).
    Just ignore Heart of Fear. If people are dying to it, healers need to be quicker to top people up. It's a non-mechanic.

So, we've been working on Shekzeer for 2 nights now, and our best try is 11 % atm (which means we're fairly close).

1) Sonic Blades can hit from a 20 yard range. People need to just run, and don't try to turn and DPS. If they aren't slowed, they move fast. The more people run, the less people will die. It's that simple. Tell folks simply "don't turn and DPS. Just run".

2) The best way is to use the 3rd tank. Have the group stacked up (obviously) and have the 3rd tank "intercepting" the Heart of Fear while the other two tanks tank swap on the boss. That way there is less randomness on who takes the damage and should alleviate random deaths, particularly after Cry of Terrors.

The most IMPORTANT thing you can do in this fight is emphasize to people... drill it into them, that it's essential they not die from Cry of Terror damage at the start of P3... the first few of those, everyone needs to make it through. It's a LONG 30%. You're in that phase for like 2:30 or something stupid. If you lose a couple people here and there towards the end of the fight, thats okay. But at the start of p3? Catastrophe. It makes the fight much harder.

Tremor Totems (so more shaman = better) is the single best thing you can do to fix that. You zero (and I do mean zero) early p3 deaths, you're good.

We two tank and have the "inactive" one standing with the group behind the boss, just slightly ahead. That way Heart of Fear is intercepted as long as the targeted person doesn't instinctively run away.

But like it's been said, getting hit by it shouldn't really be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Ranged should stay 30+ yards away from the little adds. They use a ranged interrupt that will 1-shot if used while they're buffed in the pile. Being 30+ yards away means they have to move out of the pile before they're able to use it.
    That's fine and all, but we put the ranged groups closer because healers were having trouble reaching both tanks when you stack on the diagonal opposite marker from the tanks.
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

Deleted
    That's fine and all, but we put the ranged groups closer because healers were having trouble reaching both tanks when you stack on the diagonal opposite marker from the tanks.

Maybe your tanks are too far from each other?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Just ignore Heart of Fear. If people are dying to it, healers need to be quicker to top people up. It's a non-mechanic.
    Or if you prefer your raid not to die, have the offtank stand to the side of the boss towards the heart and let people run behind the tank when they get HoF.

If people are topped heart of fear isn't even noticeable. Just heal them like the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclous View Post
    Or if you prefer your raid not to die, have the offtank stand to the side of the boss towards the heart and let people run behind the tank when they get HoF.
    Our healers don't even notice the Heart of Fear damage. It's never been a problem. It's just a relatively small amount of extra damage when everyone should be getting topped up regardless. Sure you can overstrategize to handle it, but there's no real reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    If people are topped heart of fear isn't even noticeable. Just heal them like the tank.
    I agree with this too. We tried to have people move to get intercepted, but more times than not the beam would either go off on the person anyway, or the orb would position somewhere on top of our pile and make it hard to determine where it was coming from.

I don't think we've had any glaring deaths/issues in p3 from just 'winging it, basically. Try to intercept what you can, but that's not the reason you'd wipe.

I got a question i wonder if anyone has an answer. Anyone know why a tank would randomly get sonic bladed (10 man heroic), we'd do several attempts and then randomly he'd die and in the log he'd have been sonic bladed 3-4 times at once for 100-180k + regular weapon swings.

We've killed the boss but its rather annoying, and when I ask him if he casted something (why would he, and what would he cast right? had to check though) he obviously said no.

Hes a prot paladin btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    I got a question i wonder if anyone has an answer. Anyone know why a tank would randomly get sonic bladed (10 man heroic), we'd do several attempts and then randomly he'd die and in the log he'd have been sonic bladed 3-4 times at once for 100-180k + regular weapon swings.

We've killed the boss but its rather annoying, and when I ask him if he casted something (why would he, and what would he cast right? had to check though) he obviously said no.

Hes a prot paladin btw.
    Did the adds get stunned?

Deleted
    I have another "Fixate" question.
    We have not really tryed this boss much. But we had problems with our melees dying to fixate.

My question is did they slack? Or is there nearly no time between getting the debuff and getting the first hit.

If its not really their fault, how do you make it that they die to this?

Thank you in advance :P

Quote Originally Posted by turtlefreak View Post
    I have another "Fixate" question.
    We have not really tryed this boss much. But we had problems with our melees dying to fixate.

My question is did they slack? Or is there nearly no time between getting the debuff and getting the first hit.

If its not really their fault, how do you make it that they die to this?

Thank you in advance :P
    Rogues can take Cheat Death for some buffer time, then Vanish to drop the fixate. Plate melee can probably take 1 hit without dying, so they have a bit of a buffer. Everyone else has very little time to react, but it is possible to avoid hits depending on swing timer rng.