Thread: Blade Lord

  1. #1

    Blade Lord

    Does the Lock port work on blade tempest? We're getting ready to start him on hard mode, and I was curious.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  2. #2
    Field Marshal Undercroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Bonny England
    Posts
    66
    I think it does, provide it's in range etc. I know demon leap definitely helps get you out of it, but can't remember if I've used the telepad to get away or not.

  3. #3
    I use the portal on him. Just remember to drop a new one before every tempest to make sure you are in range, and there's no tornado on top of it. And you can press it while airborne, nn to wait until you land. (took me longer than i'll admit to "realize" that)..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Staffreak View Post
    I use the portal on him. Just remember to drop a new one before every tempest to make sure you are in range, and there's no tornado on top of it. And you can press it while airborne, nn to wait until you land. (took me longer than i'll admit to "realize" that)..
    Oh wow. Thank you very much. So I put the portal down when he's gonna be casting soon, and when he sucks us in and I'm in the air, I click teleport?
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Oh wow. Thank you very much. So I put the portal down when he's gonna be casting soon, and when he sucks us in and I'm in the air, I click teleport?
    Yes. 10char

  6. #6
    You can also place a Demonic Gateway that leads from near the center to the left end of the hallway for some people to skip half of the tornadoes for Storm Unleashed.
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  7. #7
    Yeah, the teleport during blade tempest totally negates the mechanic. Pretty awesome. And yeah, we used the Gateway for tornado gauntlet and worked great. One thing we learned pretty quick was to put the gateway on the sides. I put it up in the middle of the hallway and our tanked went soaring to the other end XD
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  8. #8
    Here's a protip:

    Step 1: Use a bossmod
    Step 2: Look at the timer for blade tempest
    Step 3: Activate Burning Rush while you are in flight being pulled towards him
    Step 4: Be the fastest motherlover in your whole raid
    Step 5: DoT/MG him while running away from him
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Profit


    But seriously.. Look at the timer, move a little closer 1-3s before blade tempest (make sure you don't trigger any KJC debuffs while doing so), activate b.rush while being pulled towards him and don't use any skill until he actually starts spinning and pulling you back. As soon as that happens you can start using MG/casting DoTs on him while keeping BR up and you'll be able to do full dmg during this phase.
    Probably the easiest way.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    Here's a protip:

    Step 1: Use a bossmod
    Step 2: Look at the timer for blade tempest
    Step 3: Activate Burning Rush while you are in flight being pulled towards him
    Step 4: Be the fastest motherlover in your whole raid
    Step 5: DoT/MG him while running away from him
    Step 6: ???
    Step 7: Profit


    But seriously.. Look at the timer, move a little closer 1-3s before blade tempest (make sure you don't trigger any KJC debuffs while doing so), activate b.rush while being pulled towards him and don't use any skill until he actually starts spinning and pulling you back. As soon as that happens you can start using MG/casting DoTs on him while keeping BR up and you'll be able to do full dmg during this phase.
    Probably the easiest way.
    I do use bossmods. Why do that when I can just dps as usual while still looking at timer, wait for him to pull me in, and teleport? I can still dot while I'm running the other way. Profit.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  10. #10
    Just be near him before the pull-in starts so you don't mess up the timing.

    Love always reminding hunters to use Disengage beforehand, and still seeing them get owned by this almost every first pull. For some reason, we can't seem to find a good, consistent hunter.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I do use bossmods. Why do that when I can just dps as usual while still looking at timer, wait for him to pull me in, and teleport? I can still dot while I'm running the other way. Profit.
    I didn't say that your start won't work. If you're more comfortable with placing your teleport then do it. I didn't do it, because sometimes you will have to relocate it several times in a fight, because of the small tornados he's shooting at you and he usually shoots them at you either right before blade tempest or right before unseen strike, which is a pain in the ass either way.
    So if you drop your portal and he shoots a tornado at you just moments before blade tempest, your portal becomes worthless, since you can't use it anymore, beause a tornado is hovering right over it.

    This is just something I've experienced quite often while progressing this boss.
    It's not impossible to do it by using your portal, but I didn't like it, because it requires you to either be really lucky with the tornados, or relocate them quite often. And I don't like luck being a factor for my tactics to work.
    Last edited by spookyy; 2013-02-27 at 02:35 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    I didn't say that your start won't work. If you're more comfortable with placing your teleport then do it. I didn't do it, because sometimes you will have to relocate it several times in a fight, because of the small tornados he's shooting at you and he usually shoots them at you either right before blade tempest or right before unseen strike, which is a pain in the ass either way.
    So if you drop your portal and he shoots a tornado at you just moments before blade tempest, your portal becomes worthless, since you can't use it anymore, beause a tornado is hovering right over it.

    This is just something I've experienced quite often while progressing this boss.
    It's not impossible to do it by using your portal, but I didn't like it, because it requires you to either be really lucky with the tornados, or relocate them quite often. And I don't like luck being a factor for my tactics to work.
    I have a lot of experience on this boss on heroic and I can say without a doubt that your portal is the best way of dealing with Blade Tempest for a few reasons: First of all it's very easy to relocate your portal, not difficult at all. Second if you have 2 stacks of the KJC snare, Burning Rush will not save you. Third, even if you do ensure you have zero stacks of KJC snare, you wont be able to DPS while moving without triggering it and if you reach 2 stacks, you will start being pulled into the Blade Tempest... a lot of risk for not using a simple ability.

    This fight consists of relocating your portal constantly and strategically, that is the fight... You could avoid it by either not taking KJC or making sure you have zero snare stacks but why go to that effort and potential loss of DPS when you can just use the ability that was made for this fight?

    It's not difficult at all and if you do find it difficult, I suggest running LFR to get used to the portal relocating.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-02-27 at 05:23 PM.
    [IMGhttp://i.imgur.com/3HsjG6r.png[/IMG]

    It is better to have raided and wiped, then to never have raided at all.

  13. #13
    Relocating the portal takes a GCD just several seconds before Blade Tempest actually starts. I would think it's a lot better than activating Burning Rush and risking being so close when you can use the portal instead. Seems like less of a hassle and healer stress.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Relocating the portal takes a GCD just several seconds before Blade Tempest actually starts. I would think it's a lot better than activating Burning Rush and risking being so close when you can use the portal instead. Seems like less of a hassle and healer stress.
    The GCD isn't much of an issue because this fight is more about survivability I've seen. We got it down pretty easily, and the struggles that we did have were from people dying.
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Relocating the portal takes a GCD just several seconds before Blade Tempest actually starts. I would think it's a lot better than activating Burning Rush and risking being so close when you can use the portal instead. Seems like less of a hassle and healer stress.
    windstep does hurt. i prefer portal or my worgen racial when it's avalaible (although i try to save it for p2) than burning rush.
    Last edited by yalin; 2013-02-28 at 09:05 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •