10+ Year Old Account

So with the current Hunter Buffs (pvp)

do you think that MM will be viable again for pvp?
    i felt the nerf of chimera to 25% seems to ruin the chance for its damage to be as good as it could have been at 50% since damage is just horrible
    i definitely like the heal buff they put to 5%

coupled with steady shot damage and the other buffs, do you think MM can compete against BM in pvp?

i absolutely hate BM pvp and loved MM so this is what im hoping for.

I feel like MM will be viable damage wise but it still lacks the CC breakers that BM has. Not to mention exotic pets are still sweet.

I feel like we will see MM hunters more, but most hunters will still play BM for the 1min trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    I feel like we will see MM hunters more, but most hunters will still play BM for the 1min trinket.
    I don't always PvP, but when I do, I don't need crutches.

Stay Marksman, friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I wont be going mm after all.....

Anyone else mad about the dismiss pet change?
    If anything they should be encouraging pet swapping, simply because it increases the skill cap.
    Abandon pet script I guess? And just permanently park my ass close to some cranes/shale spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I don't always PvP, but when I do, I don't need crutches.

Stay Marksman, friends.
    Translation : I dont always PvP, but when I do, I put myself at a disadvantage to make it look like im more skilled of a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisbox View Post
    Translation : I dont always PvP, but when I do, I put myself at a disadvantage to make it look like im more skilled of a player.
    If you win at a disadvantage doesn't that make you more skilled? It doesn't MAKE you look more skilled if it's factual that you are by winning with a so called lesser spec. MM hunters unite.

I play MM for fun, but I do know its weaker :<

to be fair, any damage buff is a buff as far as im concerned :P complaining because it was 50 and is now 'only 25%' its still a buff..

buffs are buffs. and quite frankly, we have had some nice tuning.

the removal of marked for death glyph means we have a 'free' slot. which for MM pvp means Aimed shot glyph!

so in total

Aimed shot 0.4s cast reduction, and 10% extra damage (and in some cases now castable whilst moving cos of glyph!)
    Steadyshot 20% damage increase
    Chim shot 25% damage increase and heals 2% more. 'every little helps' in the healing department.
    Re built powershot!

It's all extra damage, maybe not to the extent we want, or possibly need, but its hardly anything to complain about :P

EDIT: I often ponder. if a selfheal spec is a viable thing..

If you specced into crouching tiger. and spirit bond right? (along with animal bond glyph for 10% more healing, chim shot for 2% more healing and disengage glyph.)

That would mean...

Every 15 seconds, you can disengage for 5% of your total hp (+10%)
    Every 9 seconds, you can chim shot for 7% of your total hp (+10%)
    Spirit bond would be ticking for 2% every 2. (so 1% every 1%)

so, in a 30 second window.

you would heal for 33% from Spirit bond
    and 11% from Disengage
    and around 22% from chim shots.

so in a 30 second window, assuming you use your other abilities to slow/reduce damage coming in, you will be healing for 66% of your total hp. without a single heal from external sources.. that doesn't seem to be too shabby to me :P

the downside of course is the bits you would lose from glyphing/speccing for all that.
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2013-02-26 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    MM will be more viable in 5.2 than it was, but simply put the extra trinkets provided by BW are far too valuable to be lost. Although it would be a big nerf to BM, I would be quite happy if they made BW not break CC, so that the other specs can even be considered. But MM can be played to a decent rating, Tonystyles played MM to 2600 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    Tonystyles played MM to 2600 this season.
    Which just means he got carried by his teammates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    Which just means he got carried by his teammates.
    While partially true you can't 2 man 2600, what I was trying to say was it's not an awful spec by any means it's just not as good as BM by a large margin.

Deleted
    Well in DMG wise , yes. BUT BM has 1 more CC , 1 " extra " trinket , plus the buffs to BW not needing the pet in LoS makes it even better then it is now. As MM you used to get, Readines + Silence shot. Now all we get is a 5% heal shot and aimed shot. Steady shot is equel to Cobra so no word on that.

In other words, i am going MM but if the lack of CC + self healing ( BM has a superior one.) is pulling me down or gives me a disadvantage i am going BM again. Even though i hate it.

Been MM all along and doing fine. Gonna wreck people once 5.2 hits.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Personally going back MM, gonna try PHD. I don't feel BMs 1min CC breaker will be as needed without Warriors being able to stunlock us every 20 seconds.

Besides i'm so tired of pet mechanics in PvP that if BM is the only choice again i'm done with my Hunter for the rest of the xpack, i really don't see how people can enjoy it. Helping a friend get his cap in 2s, had to chase yet another tryhard healer for 10 mins a few times today just because he could "skillfully" jump down the ledge in Dalaran arena everytime my pet had any uptime on him, forcing it to do the whole travel from the nearest corner. Its disgusting.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-03-03 at 06:54 AM.

I feel if anything playing MM will become more fun. already as an MM hunter I find people maniacally trying to kill my pet even though its doing next to nothing to them..

so itll be amusing to watch then go mad wasting time killing my pet only to get aimed shot in the face.

Powershot into an aimed shot. lovely.

Also, did anyone read above? what I said about healing 'setup' what do you think?

The 1 minute trinket is huge. I'll have to do some testing for mm come 5.2 in my free time, but I'm not sure when that'll happen since I need 2 specs for pve. If MM offers good burst it could be viable. The only flaw with mm is that your mastery isn't a % damage increase so you are already at a disadvantage.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    I play MM for fun, but I do know its weaker :<

to be fair, any damage buff is a buff as far as im concerned :P complaining because it was 50 and is now 'only 25%' its still a buff..

buffs are buffs. and quite frankly, we have had some nice tuning.

the removal of marked for death glyph means we have a 'free' slot. which for MM pvp means Aimed shot glyph!

so in total

Aimed shot 0.4s cast reduction, and 10% extra damage (and in some cases now castable whilst moving cos of glyph!)
    Steadyshot 20% damage increase
    Chim shot 25% damage increase and heals 2% more. 'every little helps' in the healing department.
    Re built powershot!

It's all extra damage, maybe not to the extent we want, or possibly need, but its hardly anything to complain about :P

EDIT: I often ponder. if a selfheal spec is a viable thing..

If you specced into crouching tiger. and spirit bond right? (along with animal bond glyph for 10% more healing, chim shot for 2% more healing and disengage glyph.)

That would mean...

Every 15 seconds, you can disengage for 5% of your total hp (+10%)
    Every 9 seconds, you can chim shot for 7% of your total hp (+10%)
    Spirit bond would be ticking for 2% every 2. (so 1% every 1%)

so, in a 30 second window.

you would heal for 33% from Spirit bond
    and 11% from Disengage
    and around 22% from chim shots.

so in a 30 second window, assuming you use your other abilities to slow/reduce damage coming in, you will be healing for 66% of your total hp. without a single heal from external sources.. that doesn't seem to be too shabby to me :P

the downside of course is the bits you would lose from glyphing/speccing for all that.
    I've thought of the same, although last time I checked the PTR the chimera heal remained 5% even glyphed. Don't know if it's still bugged

That is actually some really really nice self healing. It might be better to go MM because of that, since it does have some burst.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart